The Artistic Challenge event is now closed :(. If there are banners listed here that have not been claimed, you may contact the artist to see if they are still available for use in non-challenge stories.
Characters: Buffy & Spike. Angel/Angelus & Drusilla as ghosts/dreams Rating: Any Season/Episode: between season 2 & 3
1. Feisty first re-introduction. Truce agreed.
Must have: 2. Both dealing with depression with loosing loved ones - but bonding over it 3. Sharing life stories and feelings Spikes: Being changed, his travels, Funny non-killing adventures, his human life. Truth about Angel/Angelus. Buffy’s:Being called, divorce trauma, her death, pre-slayer life, the Scoobies. Falling for Angel.
1. Some fighting, death threats but ultimately work together.
Can have: 2. Buffy slow to trust and snarkyness. Slow to invite in. 3. Realising they both want to be loved.
1. Immediate sex
Can’t have: 2. Excessive dwelling on lack-of-soul 3. Spike pressuring her to go home (can pressure her to accept slaying)
This banner has been claimed by SzmattyCat! Characters: Spike Buffy Giles Xander Willow Tara & Any others you like Rating: Don't mind
1. Either a dream or a magically/wish induced trip/fantasy
Must have: 2. Consequences which go beyond the trip/dream/fantasy 3. Happy ending/happy-ish ending
1. Tara and Spike being close friends
Can have: 2. Swimming 3. Spike in daylight!
Can’t have: 2. Babyfic 3. Angsty
Characters: Spike Buffy Rating: Don't mind Season/Episode: Either post-6 or post-7
1. Buffy has been away
Must have: 2. Spike goes to bring her back 3. Immediate Spuffy chemistry the second they meet - doesn't have to be acted on immediately
1. Buffy on the run
Can have: 2. Buffy lost and Spike finds her 3. Spike as the hero
Can’t have: 2. Babyfic 3. Extreme angst
Characters: Spike Buffy Angel Willow Tara Xander & whoever else you like Rating: Don't mind Season/Episode: pre-Spike and Buffy first meeting
1. Spuffy 1st meeting
Must have: 2. Spike pretending to not be a vampire, or to be a good vampire like Angel 3. Buffy instantly drawn to him
1. Buffy single or Buffy with Angel, getting her head turned by Spike
Can have: 2. Buffy finding out who Spike is 3. B cheating on Angel/thinking about it
Can’t have: 2. Babyfic 3. angsty
Characters: Buffy Summers, Spike, Joyce Summers, Dawn Summers Rating: Any Season/Episode: start at BtVS_S5_E5 or BTVS_S2_E14
1. Buffy finding out about Dawn.
1. I would like to see Spike help Buffy with finding out about Dawn.
Can have: 2. I like time travel, but understand if it wouldn't fit.
Characters: Buffy Summers, Spike, Vi, Jonathan and Andrew, Dru Season/Episode: Post Chosen
1. Visions or Time Travel
Must have: 2. Andrew story telling
Characters: Buffy/Spike, ensemble (if you like) Rating: G - NC-17 Season/Episode: Post Chosen
1. Reconciliation of relationship (post break up)
Must have: 2. Rom-Com elements 3. Happy Ending
1. Misunderstandings/Miscommunication and Mixups
Can have: 2. Whatever the writer wants
1. Spike/Buffy other
Can’t have: 2. All Human 3. too much angst
This banner has been claimed by Wonder and Ashes! Characters: Buffy/Spike, ensemble (if you like) Rating: G - NC-17 Season/Episode: S4-7
1. Enemies to Friends to Lovers
Must have: 2. Comedy/Fluff 3. Happily Ever After
1. Snark & Witty Moments
Can have: 2. Misunderstandings and mixups 3. Whatever the writer wants
1. Spike/Buffy other
Can’t have: 2. All Human 3. ambiguous ending
Characters: Spike, Buffy & whoever else you like Rating: Don't mind Season/Episode: Any time post-Crush, can be a later season
1. Three demons
Must have: 2. Spike rescuing Buffy against his better judgement (or vice versa) 3. A location we didn't see in the series
1. Medusa-style powers
Can have: 2. Caves 3. Under magical influence
Can’t have: 3. angst
This banner has been claimed by kats_meow! Characters: Ensemble S5 cast Rating: Any Season/Episode: Season 5
1. The Monks messing up time when creating the Key, and turning all of Sunnydale into the 1920’s, but with all its current-day inhabitants and villains.
Must have: 2. Buffy fulfilling her Restless dream by being a flapper (and still the Slayer) 3. The same as with the Dawn ret-con in canon (“Dawn’s always been here!”), no one initially realizing that reality has shifted. They must think they’ve always lived in the 1920’s.
1. Reality never resetting and Sunnydale remaining in the 1920s (while the rest of the world is in the modern day)
Can have: 2. The Key being the reality itself, or still a version of Dawn, or someone/something else entirely 3. Spike’s chip gone, since that tech wasn’t around in the early 20th century. Potentially replaced with something more era-appropriate
Can’t have: 2. human or souled Spike 3. A tragic ending
This banner has been claimed by Cosmic Tuesdays! Characters: Ensemble cast Rating: Any Season/Episode: Season 1 and onward
1. After Buffy’s failed date with Owen in Never Kill a Boy on the First Date (and finding the vamp rising in the funeral home), Buffy realizing that funeral homes are a hotbed of vampire activity, so she decides to start working or interning at Sunnydale Cemetery Funeral Home
Must have: 2. Her working at the funeral home throughout the series, no matter how far through the seasons you take us 3. Having to slay a vampire during its own funeral
1. Spuffy’s first meeting at the funeral home instead of outside the Bronze
Can have: 2. Choice of genre. Can be crack!fic / the serial comedy adventures of working in a funeral home on the hellmouth, or a serious exploration of Buffy's changing views on death, etc 3. Title suggested on the banner. It's a play on the classic film Fast Times at Ridgemont High
1. A tragic ending
Can’t have: 2. Dub/non-con 3. Saintifying or character bashing (reasonable critiques are fine)
This banner has been claimed by HereKittyKitty! Characters: Ensemble cast Rating: Any Season/Episode: Season 5 and onward
1. Buffy not dying from her jump off Glory’s tower. Instead, her body is critically injured, to the point where she WILL die if something drastic isn’t done. Willow ends up replacing Buffy’s broken body parts with Bot parts, making the world’s first bionic Slayer.
Must have: 2. The Buffybot’s programming mixing with Buffy’s brain despite Willow’s many attempts to fix the issue, which sometimes causes weird thoughts/actions/hijinks. 3. HEA or HFN
1. Buffy having access to the Buffybot’s mental database
Can have: 2. Buffy unable to pronounce Giles’s name properly, relegating him to being called “Guyles” 3. Buffy needing to charge/“plug-in” her new body
1. Buffy going back to her normal non-bionic form
Can’t have: 2. Buffy love slave. She can’t be immediately in love with Spike because of her Buffybot parts. (Very temporary glitches are fine.) 3. Saintifying or character bashing. (Reasonable critiques are fine.)
This banner has been claimed by Megan! Characters: Buffy, Spike, any others the author wants Rating: G - NC-17 Season/Episode: Season 4 or 5ish (prior to Out of My Mind)
1. Buffy and Spike teaming up to fight an unknown Big Bad
Must have: 2. Spike catching feels during their work together (prior to Out of My Mind where he realises in the dream) 3. Buffy not responding with disgust when Spike eventually confesses his feelings
1. Under Magical Influence
1. Major character death
Can’t have: 2. Non-con
This banner has been claimed by HereKittyKitty! Characters: Buffy, Spike, any others the author wants Rating: R - NC-17 Season/Episode: Season six post 'As You Were' pre 'Seeing Red'
1. Give us a rewrite of the Season 6 ending. Buffy and Spike are broken up, but not for good.
Must have: 2. After a few drinks one night Buffy and Spike get to talking about their relationship. The conversation lingers on the good (with plenty of Buffy sass and Spike's cheekiness). 3. A healthy restart to their relationship, including Buffy not hiding it from her friends and Giles.
1. A discussion about Faith's teasing of Spike when she was 'wearing' Buffy.
Can have: 2. Dawn being fully team Spuffy 3. (The title on the banner is a suggestion, but is *obviously* changeable. If you want to keep it, it's a rough Latin translation which means A Moment in Time.)
1. Anything a la 'Seeing Red'. This is a do-over.
Can’t have: 2. Xander being a jackass for too long, or Willow trying to 'magic' away Buffy's feelings for Spike.
Characters: Spike, Buffy & whoever else you like Rating: Don't mind Season/Episode: Any time post-Crush, can be a later season
1. Some sort of curse
Must have: 2. S or B gets a new power 3. A full moon
1. Vampire bats
Can have: 2. Evil Buffy 3. Good Spike
Can’t have: 2. Babyfic 3. angst
This banner has been claimed by Kanita! Characters: Buffy, Spike, Ensemble Rating: Any Season/Episode: Season 4's
1. Post-series Buffy makes an off-handed wish to relive the happiest day of her life and, big shock, it gets granted, and she's sent back in time.
Must have: 2. But instead of getting sent back to, say, a date with Angel or any other day she probably considers to be her happiest, she's instead sent back to the night of 3. The problem: She's a prisoner in her own mind with her younger self in the driver's seat. Not only that, but the wish only lasts for 24 hours and then she'll be sent back to the future. Can she get her younger self's attention in order to warn her of the dangers that lie ahead, or will she be forced to watch her second chance slip away?
1. Buffy convincing her younger self to get some serious therapy.
1. Sad ending.
Can’t have: 2. Bangel or Biley.
This banner has been claimed by Holly! Characters: Buffy, Spike, Ensemble Rating: Any Season/Episode: Season 5
1. After Riley leaves her, Buffy begins to have naughty sexy dreams about Spike. With no boyfriend and horny as hell, she decides to indulge herself in this harmless fantasy.
Must have: 2. But she has no idea that she's actually sharing these dreams with Spike, who is 100% OK with going along with this unexpected development. 3. What's a Slayer to do when she realises what's really happening?
1. Buffy relying on Spike emotionally when it comes to dealing with Glory and after her mother ends up in hospital.
Can have: 2. Willow being the cause of the dream sharing via a spell gone wrong.
1. Buffy dying her canon death at the end of season 5.
Can’t have: 2. Any Riley. He leaves before season 5. 3. Spike dying.
This banner has been claimed by Kanotari! Characters: Buffy, Spike, Ensemble Rating: Any Season/Episode: Multiple/AU-ish
1. Spike has become a mercenary/bounty hunter since the death of Drusilla. One day he's paid a lot of money by minions of Glorificus to retrieve an item of interest: The Key.
Must have: 2. But when Spike fights his way through the Order of Dagon, he discovers that the Key in question is a small girl, who instantly grows attached to him. When it's time to hand her over, Spike can't bring himself to do it and goes into hiding with the child. 3. Now Spike and little Dawn are on the run from Glory and her minions, searching for the only person who can protect Dawn and save the world from Glory's evil: The Slayer.
1. As you might have guessed, this is heavily inspired by the plot of The Mandalorian. Throw in as many references and plot similarities as you want.
1. Too much Spike/Other or Buffy/Other.
Can’t have: 2. Buffy, Spike or Dawn dying. 3. Too much angst.
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Ensemble Rating: Any Season/Episode: Season 6
1. Buffy doesn't die at the end of season 5. Life carries on as normal. She gets a job; even gets free therapy sessions from a woman she saves one night. But something's… missing.
Must have: 2. Spike has been helping Buffy wherever he can, and has long since given up on her ever returning his feelings. He's satisfied with the tentative friendship between them. 3. Without the major angst of canon, can these two warriors of light form a relationship under healthier circumstances?
1. Thanks to therapy, Buffy realises just how unhealthy her relationships with Angel and Riley really were.
Can have: 2. Willow and Xander getting some therapy, too. 3. If Giles leaves, it has to be for a better reason than in canon.
1. Major angst. Some angst is OK.
Can’t have: 2. Major deaths. 3. Irredeemable Scoobies. They're not perfect, but they're not evil.
This banner has been claimed by SzmattyCat! Characters: Buffy, Spike, Ensemble Rating: Any Season/Episode: AU, All-Human
Must have: 2. Buffy is heartbroken until she meets the gentle William Pratt, a man who wears his heart on his sleeve. 3. William's poetry must be included.
1. William is a business partner for Buffy's step-father, Rupert Giles.
Can have: 2. Angel O'Connor tries to court Buffy's fifteen-year-old sister Dawn when things don't work out with Cordelia, something that utterly disgusts Buffy. 3. Giles disapproving of Angel and Buffy making a plan to run away with him before she discovers the truth.
1. Too much Bangel.
Can’t have: 2. Too much William/Other, be it Cecily or Drusilla. 3. Too much angst.
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Ensemble Rating: Any Season/Episode: Season 3
1. Angel never returns from Hell, and Drusilla makes it clear she'll never take Spike back. Buffy and Spike bond over a vow never to love anyone else again.
Must have: 2. But drunken wallowing soon turns into meaningful heart-to-hearts. Patrols become fun nights out as opposed to part of a sacred duty. And platonic bed-sharing loses the "platonic" part. 3. Are they breaking the vow if it's each other they're falling in love with?
1. Spike realising what's happening when Buffy starts losing her powers, and threatening to castrate Giles if he doesn't stop that nonsense.
Can have: 2. Faith remaining good and replacing Angel in LA. 3. "Take on Me" by a-ha
1. Buffy and Spike falling in love too quickly. It needs to be a slow burn.
Can’t have: 2. At the other end of the spectrum, too much Angel-pining and Drusilla-pining. 3. Sad ending.
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Ensemble Rating: Any Season/Episode: Season 4
1. Let's be real: if Willow hadn't hit them in that moment with her Will Be Done spell, Buffy and Spike were probably gonna angry-kiss anyway.
Must have: 2. With Buffy sexually frustrated because her maybe-boyfriend is a dead bore and Spike frustrated that he can't hit anything, the two begin their sexual affair two seasons early. Trying to count the consequences of this would take way too much time.
1. Harmony is way behind in terms of who Buffy is dating, so turns Parker in "revenge" against Buffy for stealing away "her" man.
Can have: 2. Riley has a hand in Jonathan's spell, which makes Buffy his girlfriend. Buffy is not happy when the spell is broken. 3. Buffy learning about the day Angel took back and getting angry at him.
Can’t have: 2. Too much angst. 3. Character death (unless it's Riley and Walsh).
This banner has been claimed by SpindleKitten! Characters: Buffy, Spike, Ensemble Rating: Any Season/Episode: Season 5
1. Instead of running from Glory across the country, Anya suggests they hide in another dimension and wait it out until the ritual window passes.
Must have: 2. However, something goes wrong during the spell and the gang are separated, with Buffy, Spike and Dawn ending up in a dimension together. 3. With no way of getting back home until the ritual window passes, the three form a close family unit in order to survive.
1. Buffy making the decision to leave before Tara is brain sucked. Maybe Spike getting tortured is what forces her hand.
Can have: 2. Willow using Dawn's energy for the transportation spell. 3. Anya calling in a favour from one of her Vengeance demon friends in order to find everyone, and it takes a while because there're a lot of dimensions, people.
1. They can't be stuck in that dimension for any longer than a year.
Can’t have: 2. Too much angst. 3. Any major character death.
This banner has been claimed by bramcrackers! Characters: Buffy, Spike, Ensemble Rating: Any Season/Episode: Season 4
1. While sitting with Riley in the middle of their nice and simple picnic, listening to him talk about his plans to settle down in a white picket fence neighbourhood with a nice little housewife and 2.5 kids, Buffy has an epiphany: she's never gonna be able to stomach a normal life. They very thought of staying home all day, cooking and cleaning for her Iowa husband is making her break out in hives.
Must have: 2. Things aren't going so well for Spike, either. The sodding Gem of Amara came with its own bloody conscience, pestering him into doing good deeds. And now it's permanently stuck to his finger. The only thing that makes this whole situation bearable is hanging out with the Slayer on patrols. 3. Riley must save his future wife and mother of his children from the evil vampire trying to lure her into the dark. One of these things is not like the other.
1. As much snark and craziness as you want.
1. Too much Biley.
Can’t have: 2. Bangel. 3. Too much angst.
This banner has been claimed by spuffyfangirl28! Characters: Buffy, Spike, Ensemble Rating: Any Season/Episode: Post-season 5 world where Buffy never died
1. While walking past the Summers home, Spike overhears a social worker telling Buffy that there's a high probability that Dawn will be taken away. Spike being Spike (terrible at planning), he waltzes right into the house pretending to be Buffy's boyfriend, and proceeds to re-enact his
Must have: 2. He's shocked beyond belief when Buffy actually says yes. 3. But now they've got to go through with it if they want to keep Dawn.
1. Anya getting jealous because she's supposed to be the one who's getting married!
Can have: 2. Buffy and Spike eloping. 3. Angel showing up and proposing the same, only to be turned down by Buffy.
1. Too much angst.
Can’t have: 2. Character deaths. 3. Buffy/Other.
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Ensemble Rating: Any Season/Episode: Season 5
1. Buffy decides to bite the bullet and sleep with Spike, thinking that he'll get bored with her after one go and move on.
Must have: 2. It doesn't work. 3. Now she's in a relationship with Spike and doesn't know what to do next. And she can't end it because, well, she likes it. Talk about complicated.
1. Buffy confronting her relationship insecurities.
Can have: 2. Joyce surviving.
1. Buffy or Spike dying.
Can’t have: 2. Buffy/Other. 3. Too much angst.
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Ensemble Rating: Any Season/Episode: Any
1. Dæmon/daemon/demon originally meant "lesser god" with no implication of alignment, but since Christianity is a monotheistic religion, once it gained traction it changed the definition/concept to what we use today.
Must have: 2. Happy ending.
1. The First Slayer.
1. Too much angst.
Can’t have: 2. Major character deaths. 3. Buffy/Other or Spike/Other.
This banner has been claimed by violettathepiratequeen! Characters: Buffy, Spike, Ensemble Rating: Any Season/Episode: Season 1 or 2
1. Spike travels back in time from a hundred years in the future, but such a long time jump isn't good for his mind and the trip renders him a little insane.
Must have: 2. This insanity causes him to unintentionally kidnap Buffy when he finally finds her. 3. Buffy is shocked when this vampire she doesn't know hugs and kisses her instead of eating her.
1. Hades and Persephone vibes (the more modern interpretation of the myth where Persephone actually likes Hades and has plenty of agency).
Can have: 2. Spike purring whenever Buffy is close to him.
1. Buffy/Other or Spike/Other.
Can’t have: 2. Character deaths. 3. Spike staying insane. He must regain his sanity.
Characters: Spike Buffy Willow Tara Xander & whoever else you like Rating: Don't mind Season/Episode: Season 4 onward
1. Buffy finding a room full of photos
Must have: 2. At least one of the large polaroids from the banner to be part of the story 3. Happy ending
Can have: 2. Time travel 3. Spike and Tara knew each other before T met Willow
Can’t have: 2. Babyfic 3. angst
Characters: Buffy. Spike. Sineya (First Slayer). The Cheese Man. Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Season 6
1. Buffy dreamwalking while unconscious
Must have: 2. The First Slayer as her guide, with her translator a past Slayer (Kendra, Nikki, etc.) 3. The Scoobies forced to work with Spike to wake her up
1. The Cheese Man far more important than the joke he was in Restless
Can have: 2. Faith 3. This being the consequence for the resurrection
1. The First Evil
Can’t have: 2. The Trio as more than just a minor inconvenience
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Xin-Rong, Nikki & any others chosen by author. Rating: R or above Season/Episode: Any
1. A happy ending
Must have: 2. Magic 3. A Birthday (any character)
Can have: 2. Flashbacks 3. Changes to Slayer lore
1. Time Travel
Can’t have: 2. Can’t just be a re-telling of how Spike killed Xin-Rong & Nikki 3. Human Spike
Characters: As shown on banner, also Doyle and the regular cast Rating: NC-17 Season/Episode: Season 4. A blend of The Harsh Light of Day and The Initiative
1. The change from canon is that Willow and Oz broke up over the summer
Must have: 2. Spike turns Willow into a vampire 3. Doyle has a vision of it
1. Willow killing and/or turning Xander
Can have: 2. Any one of these pairings; Xander/Cordelia, Xander/Faith, Cordelia/Doyle 3. Tara seduced by vampire Willow into using darker magics
1. Curse or Mohra blood for Willow
Can’t have: 2. Angel/us. I have ideas to keep him out while using his people, so feel free to contact me if you get stuck :) 3. Buffy/Riley
This banner has been claimed by Spuffyismylife! Characters: As shown on banner, along with the regular gang Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Season 3. Post-Lovers Walk.
1. Cordelia dives into magic after being betrayed by Xander, instead of making a wish to a demon
Must have: 2. She uses the Vampyr book to rewrite history, permanently 3. For whatever reason, Buffy is the only one (besides Cordy) who remembers the original world
1. Cordy and Buffy keep using the book to 'fix' things and by the time they learn how dangerous that is, they've made a lot of new changes that eventually backfire on them (like making Angel human but he turns into Liam and hits on anything that moves)
Can have: 2. Xander and Willow actually giving a relationship a shot, perhaps due to the changes 3. In this world, sexualities change, like maybe Buffy is now bi, or Larry is straight, or Harmony is a lesbian
1. As much as I hate it... Xander/Cordelia
Can’t have: 2. Anya 3. Cordelia going dark side with magic
This banner has been claimed by MissLuci! Characters: Buffy, Spike Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Season 7. Post-Empty Places
1. Starts after Buffy is kicked out of her own house
1. They never go back to the gang, but save the world just those two and the Scythe
Can have: 2. Angel shows up to help and finds the gang confused and lost in the Summers home
1. The death of either of our main protagonists
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Whistler Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Season 6, Life Serial
1. Whistler as a real character, not just popping in now and then
Must have: 2. A prophecy about a twice-raised Slayer
1. Buffy unable to connect with her friends, who have moved on since she was dead (Xander has colleagues he hangs out with after work, Willow and Tara are busy with school and friends, Dawn is always off with her own friends, etc.)
Can have: 2. Another emissary of the Powers, helping Whistler out, can be a familiar face (Jenny, Jesse, Kendra) or an OC
1. Unhealthy Spuffy sex
Can’t have: 2. Angel
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Willow, Xander, Tara Rating: NC-17 Season/Episode: AU/AR
1. Set in a world where Willow and Xander have been vampires since the events of the pilot
Must have: 2. Buffy is the one from canon, sent into this world to stay (could be a reward, an accident, whatever you'd like) 3. Everyone else is different, but the changes can be big or small
1. Whether Dawn exist or what form she exists in, in this world, is up to you
Can have: 2. Other familiar characters as vampires, like Tara or Giles or even Joyce
1. Two Buffies; either they share a body but not a mind, they switched places, or you just don't touch on it
This banner has been claimed by Aspasia! Characters: Buffy, Spike, Drusilla, Dawn Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Probably fits better in S5, but up to you; could be AU
1. Drusilla as the main antagonist; let's see what she can do at full strength, batshit crazy and not playing second fiddle to Angelus
Must have: 2. Dawn's Key powers coming into play at some point
1. Dawn saving the day, in the end, through her powers
Can have: 2. Character death of anyone not pictured (obviously Dru can dust)
Characters: As shown on banner, Mayor Wilkins, the gang Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Season 3
1. With Cordelia off with the 'dweebs' Harmony is the leader and welcomes a new girl, Glory Wilkinson, to the group; they become close
Must have: 2. After Lovers Walk, Spike sticks around; secretly or not
1. Glory can either be aware of her Hell-God status or unaware completely
Can have: 2. Dawn is either around already or not 3. Light Bangel in the beginning
1. Faith. She can be mentioned as 'the other Slayer' but doesn't show up
Characters: Buffy, Spike, the gang, OCs Rating: NC-17 Season/Episode: Any and/or AU
1. Two child demons come to Sunnydale; they can be vampires, demons, half-demons, all that matter is that they're 10 or younger and evil
Must have: 2. They cause A LOT of destruction and death on the Hellmouth, comparable to the Wish!Verse
1. Spike could've stuck around after Lovers Walk or returned early or if you start the story before Lovers Walk, another reason
Can have: 2. Dawn (or the fake memories of her presence, lol) 3. There could be a connection between the child OCs and one of our gang; Spike, Angel, Wilkins, Giles, etc.
This banner has been claimed by spuffyfangirl28! Characters: Buffy, Spike, Giles, Anya, Willow Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: AU Season 1
1. 16-year-old Buffy arrives in a very different Sunnydale, where seasons worth of events have already taken place; Spike switching sides thanks to a chip, Willow going dark from magic, and Giles and Anya owning and running the Magic Box. You can come up with others, too.
Must have: 2. Giles is still her new Watcher, but just not the high school librarian
1. Some characters not as advanced; Xander still 16 and in school with Buffy, for example
Can have: 2. Angel still sent by the Powers or he's off in LA or something third 3. Dawn as someone else's sister and they've already dealt with Glory
1. No can't haves on this one
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Oz, Veruca Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: S4/AU
1. The season-long Veruca arc that we deserved, where she slowly puts a wrench into the Woz ship and the gang as a whole
Must have: 2. Dividing the group on their stance on black and white, not helped by the presence of the Initiative 3. Buffy trying to date normal guys (after learning Riley isn't normal) but finding herself thinking of Spike while out on those dates
1. Delving into a deeper werewolf community, good or evil, existing in the California area
Can have: 2. Willow and Tara happening while Oz still lives in town, either through cheating or Woz is taking a break or something like that
1. Adam. Veruca is the main villain and the Initiative is, at worst, right behind her in that
Characters: Buffy, Spike, the gang, the Fang Gang Rating: NC-17 Season/Episode: Buffy S6, Angel S3, AU
1. Angel losing his soul when Connor is 'born'
Must have: 2. In Sunnydale, it's right around Smashed/Wrecked, but while Willow went through canon events, Spike and Buffy didn't fight or even find out about the chip; instead, Spike has continued putting his friendship with Dawn first after Buffy returned 3. Angelus continues his attempts at turning Buffy into his next masterpiece, like Drusilla; hence the rating
1. Kill off whoever you want from the Fang Gang, but at least two of them (and Connor) should survive and come to Sunnydale to help our gang
Can have: 2. Explaining what happened to Spike's Desoto and why he switched to the bike 3. Giles coming back early to help with the Angelus situation
1. Cursing Angelus again.
This banner has been claimed by VampyricRose! Characters: Buffy, Spike, Willow, Tara Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Season 6
1. Buffy returns from the dead to find that a lot has changed, such as Willow and Tara asking Spike to help them have a baby (up to you to explain why they haven't gone with Xander and how they fixed the dead sperm issue)
Must have: 2. Spike has become nearly fully accepted by the Scoobies in Buffy's absence and her return doesn't change that 3. Tara carries the child
1. More than one baby in the womb
Can have: 2. Giles and/or Xander leaving the gang over the summer because of their acceptance of Spike
1. Willow and Tara as the ones who brought Buffy back; they were moving on successfully when she suddenly returned
Characters: Buffy, Spike (no Faith) Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: S4 and Post-Chosen
1. A drunken, grieving, reckless Buffy just wants to get back to Spike and accidentally/on purpose sends herself back in time, but she happens to land in the wrong body; her own, when Faith was occupying it. This means that there's an older Buffy in young Buffy's body and a young Buffy in Faith's body, and Faith just ceases to exist (or old-Buffy can communicate with her in their subconscious if you'd like)
Must have: 2. The older Buffy in the young body is the one who ends up with Spike 3. The two Buffies learning to work together
1. Young Buffy ending up with someone unexpected (so not Riley or Angel, obviously)
Can have: 2. Dawn arriving (if you go that far) with full memories of her Post-Chosen self, too 3. Eventually finding an empty body (like braindead in a coma) to dump Faith's consciousness into; it has to be her, since old-Buffy is the Alpha of the mind and can't be removed without dire consequences
Characters: Buffy, Spike Rating: NC-17 Season/Episode: Season 7, Chosen
1. The world ends. The First is still scrunched (as much as ancient, true evil can be) but the Turok Han army is set upon the world
Must have: 2. In LA, the sun is blotted out and it soon spreads to the rest of the world 3. We catch up with the gang somewhere between six months to a year later (similar to Walking Dead, we skip past the early stuff)
1. Angelus; since the sun is still gone, he may still be around, too
Can have: 2. Time travel as the answer to saving the world, but if so then either Spike and Buffy both go back, or neither does
1. An army of Slayers - they never came up with that idea and were banking on the amulet from Angel, which never went off
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Dawn Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Post-series, but not comics-compliant
1. Footage filmed by Andrew is leaked online and soon the secret is out
Must have: 2. Buffy finally becomes the appreciated heroine that she always wanted to and deserved to be 3. Spike, in LA with the Fang Gang, struggles with whether or not to tell this famous Buffy that he's back from the dead
1. However much time passed since Chosen is up to you, could be during Angel S5 or later
Can have: 2. Cordelia sticking around after waking up, instead of dying 3. Fred or Illyria or neither
This banner has been claimed by Puppet! Characters: Spike, Buffy, Harmony & any others you want Rating: Don't mind Season/Episode: Season 4
1. Harmony keeps the gem of Amara
Must have: 2. Harmony captures Spike and Buffy 3. Spike flirting with Buffy to cheer himself up
1. Spike ending up with the gem
Can have: 2. Initiative somehow get involved 3. Xander flirting with Harmony to help Spuffy
Can’t have: 2. Babyfic 3. angst
This banner has been claimed by Behind Blue Eyes! Characters: Harmony, Buffy, Spike Rating: Don't mind Season/Episode: Season 4
1. Buffy walks in on/magically happens upon Harmony role playing as Buffy with Spike
Must have: 2. Humorous 3. Buffy gets to thinking, perhaps she's flattered <3
Can have: 2. Harmony/Buffy fighting 3. Spike enjoying having two slayer-alikes in the room at the same time
Can’t have: 2. Babyfic 3. angst
This banner has been claimed by BloodyThorn! Characters: Buffy, Spike, Sineya, any others Rating: Any Season/Episode: Must start at the end of Season 4
1. Spike being an actively dreaming participant in the Restless dreaming sequences, instead of just an “NPC” type participant in the Scooby dreams
Must have: 2. Buffy’s Restless dream going differently than canon, with her seeing how the First Slayer was made (utilizing the information we know from Season 7’s “Get It Done”) 3. Once in the waking world, the fallout from Buffy’s dream must send her and Spike on some kind of Slayer origin related adventure/mission
1. Spike taking a piece of cheese from the Cheese Man’s platter
Can have: 2. Buffy’s dream including the lives / pertinent experiences of other Slayers 3. Spike joining Buffy in her dream for some reason or by accident somehow
1. Rampant racism. Please try and avoid (or attempt to correct!) as much of canon’s racist presentation of Sineya and the Slayer origins as you can.
Can’t have: 2. No human or souled Spike 3. Saintifying or character bashing (reasonable critiques are fine)
This banner has been claimed by Sigyn! Characters: Buffy, Spike, any others Rating: Any Season/Episode: Post-series
1. Spike and Buffy as an established couple 10-15 years post-series
Must have: 2. “Day in the life” type of feeling showing how their partnership has evolved, and how they still deal with a mix of “normal life” and “demons are destroying things again” 3. Spike using Buffy’s surname
1. Followed canon AtS S5 or have gone AU post-Chosen instead
Can have: 2. Spuffy married or just committed partners
1. No babies/pregnancy
Can’t have: 2. No non-vampire Spike 3. No cheating
This banner has been claimed by Sweetprincipale! Season/Episode: optional
1. They were two broken people with jagged edges but whose pieces complete each other.
Must have: 2. HEA or HFN
1. Can be supernatural of AH or a combination, whatever works for you
Season/Episode: Alternate Universe, Season 5
1. The main elements in the summary with the authors take on fleshing that out. Changes are okay but the basic idea of souled (by choice now) Spike and unsouled but evil and chipped Angelus is a must.
Must have: 2. Our Buffy learning important differences between unsouled Angel and Spike and how they chose to deal with the soul. How much Souled Spike is like his unsouled version.
1. Dawn or some other form for the Key in the alternate world
Can have: 2. Our Buffy resisting trust in that world’s Spike and causing that Buffy to react oddly towards her long-time ally 3. POSSIBLE SUMMARY/EXTRA INFO: Buffy’s jump in The Gift lands her in an alternate Sunnydale and sharing her body with that universes Buffy. Things are quite different: The Romney woman cursed all 4 of the Whirlwind, not just Angel back in 1898. Angel and Darl quickly found a way to shake the souls. Dru couldn’t handle the soul and went into the sun. Spike chose to find a way to anchor the soul. Spike tried to prevent the death of the first Slayer he met (Xin Rong) and blamed himself for her death, spent years trying to help Slayers. Felt guilty about Nikki too. Has been helping Buffy since she arrived in Sunnydale eventually killing Darla. Angelus came to Sunnydale in S4 to avenge Darla but was chipped by the Initiative. Now they are facing the same foe in this Universe (Glory) but with a chipped and not at all like Spike Angelus out there, Buffy allied with souled Spike and one very confused Buffy that jumped in her own world.
This banner has been claimed by Girlytek! Season/Episode: Can be set in any season from S2 forward
1. The basic idea of darker/longer night and an increase in demon activity. Prophecy needing a bond. Buffy and Spike being the pair to fulfill the prophecy.
1. Bond could be mystical (like the ‘joining’ in canon S4) or permanent like claim fics or sexual if you want to use it in that way, you define it. The bond can be permanent or temporary it but helps to further a healthy relationship between Buffy and Spike
Can have: 2. Buffy immediately wanting Angel for the Vampire and he either turns her down or other complications to his agreeing. 3. POSSIBLE SUMMARY/EXTRA INFO: Night is getting darker and staying in place longer. Each night making it festival for demonkind and hell for Buffy. A prophecy is found that has a solution. The Slayer and a willing vampire must bond (up to author what that means. Mystical, temp tie or old-fashioned claim or something else unique of your device but the word bond should be in the prophecy).
Characters: Spike, Buffy, Angelus, Drusilla & Others as needed Rating: Don't mind Season/Episode: Right after Spike and Buffy joined forced to stop Angel
1. Alternate universe - somehow, Angel remained Angelus, the world was saved
Must have: 2. Spike and Buffy need to stay teamed up for some reason 3. Angelus/Drusilla pairing
1. Drusilla/Angelus v Spuffy fight
Can have: 2. Angelus/Drusilla move into a cathedral 3. Horror
Can’t have: 2. Babyfic 3. angsty exposition
This banner has been claimed by Soulburnt! Characters: Buffy, Spike Rating: NC-17 Season/Episode: Season 6
1. After she beats up Spike, Buffy goes to him and she apologizes for what she did then nurse him back to health giving him a little of her blood. A healthier relationship blossoms after that for the simple fact they begin to actually talk.
1. If Riley comes, he's sent on his merry way, wife in tow.
1. Buffy/Spike dying
Can’t have: 2. Seeing Red never happens
Characters: Buffy, Spike Rating: NC-17 Season/Episode: Season 5/ Fool for Love
1. Spike doesn’t try to kiss her.
Must have: 2. Different outcome than the episode
1. Up to the Author
1. Buffy/Spike dying
This banner has been claimed by Viaka32! Characters: Spike, Buffy & Others as needed Rating: Don't mind Season/Episode: Don't mind
1. Either Spike or Buffy encounters fortune telling demons
Must have: 2. Sees something they can't get out of their head 3. Fortune comes true
Can have: 2. Under magical influence 3. The fortune telling demons turn out to be characters we know, in demon disguises
Can’t have: 2. Babyfic 3. angsty exposition
Characters: Spike, Buffy, Dru & others as needed Rating: Don't mind Season/Episode: post-Crush(or thereabouts)
1. Drusilla comes back to Sunny D to get Spike back, after bleaching her hair to look more like Spike's current "type"
Must have: 2. Spike is into it, him and D get back together 3. Now that Spike's not interested, Buffy starts to feel a little jealous.
1. Dru getting rid of Harmony
Can have: 2. Buffy/Dru fight 3. Buffy confesses to one of the Scoobs that she's started to have feelings for Spike
Can’t have: 2. Babyfic 3. angsty exposition
This banner has been claimed by bewildered! Characters: Buffy and/or Angel Cast - your choice of who Rating: Any Season/Episode: Anytime after Spike appears - ideally, Season 3, but this is not a requirement
1. Lots of banter, lots of snark.
Must have: 2. Being forced by circumstance to work together - very reluctantly. 3. Finding out the other one isn’t so bad after all.
1. They can stay in Sunnydale, be forced on a road trip, whatever you desire. As long as they are sniping at each other, with eventual understanding/friendship/romance, it’s all good.
Can have: 2. Suggested Fic Title: “The Naked City” (but whatever you want to call it is fine)
1. Saint Buffy or Saint Spike - they are complicated people who are annoyed with each other. No falling into bed and proclaiming everlasting love five minutes in.
Can’t have: 2. No unhappy endings. 3. No love spells, human/souled Spike, or baby/pregnancy for Buffy.
Characters: Spike, Buffy, & others as needed Rating: Don't mind
1. Senior year of high school or college
Must have: 2. Spuffy first meeting OR some sort of memory spell where they forget they know each other 3. Light hearted/fluffy
1. Grease themed!
Can have: 2. Spike in daylight somehow 3. Buffy as cheerleader
Can’t have: 2. Babyfic 3. angsty exposition
Characters: Spike, Buffy & others as needed Rating: Don't mind
1. Magical crown
Must have: 2. Spike/Buffy together pretty quickly - possibly due to the crown's power 3. Sexy
1. Under magical influence
Can have: 2. Power struggle 3. Crown falls into the wrong hands
Can’t have: 2. Babyfic 3. angsty exposition
Characters: Spike, Buffy, Angel & others as needed Rating: Don't mind
1. light hearted/fluffy
Must have: 2. 50s 3. the beach
1. Buffy with Angel but dreaming of Spike
Can have: 2. Buffy runs away with Spike 3. Spike gets rid of Angel to get to Buffy
Can’t have: 2. Babyfic 3. angsty exposition
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Angelus Rating: NC-17 Season/Episode: S2, Becoming Pt. II
1. The curse fails and Angelus locks up Buffy as Acathla swallows the world
Must have: 2. Spike has just reached the Welcome sign with an unconscious Dru when he realizes that the Slayer lost
1. The curse working late, so Angelus gets the soul after it's too late to stop the world from ending
Can have: 2. Drusilla dying early on, giving Spike another excuse to team up with Buffy to take down Angel/us
1. Time travel or some other way to fix things; they can kill the demons and find a way to live in this darker world, but their own is gone forever.
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Scooby Gang, Riley, The Initiative Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Season 4
1. Over the summer between S3/S4, Xander joins the military and becomes a member of the Initiative
Must have: 2. He lives in the frat house even though he's not pretending to be a student and builds friendships with the guys there
1. Riley still dating Buffy and getting his help from Xander instead of Willow
Can have: 2. Xander seeing Spike trapped in a white cell and feeling a twinge of something, since it's someone he knows
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Lily, Anya, Willow, Xander, Giles, Tara Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Season 3/4, AU/AR
1. Buffy never rescued Lily and eventually returned to Sunnydale on her own, so when Lily gets out she swears vengeance on the Slayer
Must have: 2. She invokes Anyanka (or Halfrek and that's how Anya is brought into it) and makes a wish about Buffy that changes the world 3. Cordelia never made her own wish and Anyanka doesn't know the players in Sunnydale
1. This can either take place in S3, S4, or the summer between the two
Can have: 2. The wish can either create a wholly different world or just one that is subtly different
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Scooby Gang, Wesley Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Season 3
1. Either Anya or Anyanka as the main antagonist or one of the main protagonists
Must have: 2. Wesley realizing that the Council isn't what he thought and him working with Giles to protect the Slayers from the other Brits 3. Spike sticking around after the events of Lovers Walk, if they happen (depends how early in the season you start your story)
1. Up to you what to do with Faith or even if you use her in the story
Characters: Buffy, Spike, OCs Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Post-S2, AU/AR
1. Buffy never returns to Sunnydale after Becoming
Must have: 2. Spike runs into her at some point, either right after leaving or once she's already settled into a new life, up to you 3. Only OCs or very minor canon characters besides Buffy and Spike
1. Dawn in the form of a child instead of a sister
1. Any major canon characters like the Scoobies or Angel, Faith, so on; might make an exception for Joyce
Characters: Buffy, Spike Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Season 4 AU
1. After returning to Sunnydale to search for the Gem, Spike comes across a werewolf; after a fierce battle, it transforms into a naked Buffy
Must have: 2. She was accidentally bitten by Oz at some point 3. Spike keeps the gem for at least a small chunk of the story, if not all of it
1. The gang very different due to changes brought on by Buffy's new state of being
Can have: 2. Depending on when the biting happened, Faith may be around to patrol on the full moon nights instead of being evil and in a coma
This banner has been claimed by Micrindle23! Characters: Buffy, Spike, Anne/Lily, Willow Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Season 3, Season 7, AU/AR
1. Buffy never left the hell dimension from Anne, nor did she free Lily; they both head up a group of resistance fighters (until Lily ages and dies, of course)
Must have: 2. Years later, a white witch Willow decides to bring Buffy back to them to help against the newest threat (the First or something else) and unknowingly pulls an immortal and hardened Buffy out of a hell dimension 3. Spike already has his soul, but it's not a curse
1. Willow and the others could think that Buffy is just some coward who never came back and don't feel guilty using magic to pull her from that life
Can have: 2. Dawn as a Summers, or in another incarnation 3. Joyce still alive
Characters: Buffy, Spike, The Master, Scooby Gang, Angel, Drusilla Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Season 1, Season 2, Nightmares
1. When Billy wakes up, it stops things, but doesn't reverse the effects; Buffy is still a vampire
Must have: 2. However, she's also still human, so she can walk in the sun and wear crosses, survive on a diet of both food and blood, etc. 3. The Master sticks around, trapped, longer, because the prophecy has now been muted/paused for the time being
1. A new Slayer Chosen since technically Buffy 'died', but it can't be Kendra or Faith
Can have: 2. Cordelia still being a chess club nerd lol 3. Giles still unable to read other languages or constantly getting lost in the stacks
1. Turning Buffy back into a pure human again
Can’t have: 2. Bangel - he was clearly attracted to her innocence and that's clearly gone now, in a way
This banner has been claimed by IceBlueRose! Characters: Buffy, Spike, Scooby Gang, Fang Gang Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Buffy Season 4, Angel the Series
1. For whatever reason, the gang (+ Spike) end up watching the show Angel, all five seasons
Must have: 2. This takes place sometime in the early parts of S4, before Faith wakes up but after Oz leaves
1. Whistler showing up with the magic DVDs or magic TV or whatever is behind how they watch it
Can have: 2. Dawn 3. Tara
1. Any visits from the Fang Gang until they're done watching it all
Can’t have: 2. Bangel
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Cordelia, Angel, Scooby Gang Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: High school years, AU/AR
1. Cordelia is the main Slayer, the one the Master killed and that Angel fell for
Must have: 2. Buffy is the Kendra, arriving in the middle of the S2 events and not connected to anyone else there 3. She sticks around after the altered events of What's My Line and teams up with Spike when Angelus is let loose
1. Xander/Cordelia after Angelus happens
Can have: 2. Meta jokes from Buffy about what kind of Slayer falls for a vampire, or how Angel is boring in her opinion, stuff like that 3. Dawn as a Chase (you can give her a different first name) but still the Key
1. Willow and Cordelia as best friends, but they can work together because they both want to save the world
Can’t have: 2. Bangel
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Willow, Giles, Oz, Xander, Cordelia, Angel, Faith Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Season 3, Doppelgangland
1. Instead of another Willow from another dimension, our Willow is simply turned when the Mayor's vampires come after her
Must have: 2. Spike hears rumors of a new and fierce vampire rising up in Sunnydale, and returns to find out who it is 3. Willow turning at least one canon character, but doesn't have to be a Scooby (can be Amy, Jonathan, Larry, etc.)
1. Faith coming back to the side of good way earlier than canon
Can have: 2. Willow destroying Wilkins because she doesn't wish to be someone's right hand, she wants to be the leader
1. Angelus; Willow doesn't try to remove Angel's soul
This banner has been claimed by Nik84! Characters: Buffy, Spike Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Season 6, Tabula Rasa
1. When Giles leaves, Buffy asks Spike to take over training her (maybe they found out early that his chip didn't work on her?)
Must have: 2. Most of the story, or at least the beginning of it, takes place in the Magic Box training room, as they snark and train and get to know one another better 3. No abusive sexual relationship, by the time this starting episode takes place, they've only kissed once in OMWF
This banner has been claimed by bookishy! Characters: Buffy and Spike (and whoever else you want) Rating: Any Season/Episode: Any
1. Be written in the style of Wandavision. That is to say, each chapter should be written like a tv show from a different decade.
Must have: 2. Must have at least 6 chapters (or decades), beginning in 1950. 3. Should be written from Spike's point-of-view, so the story will be HIS dream come true (but ala tv show format).
1. References to Buffy the show (but how existential would THAT be?)
1. A lot of angst.
Can’t have: 2. Anything working out well for Xander or Angel. 3. That's all I got!
This banner has been claimed by incendie! Characters: Buffy Cast - your choice of who Rating: Any Season/Episode: Late Season 6 into Early Season 7
1. Spike leaves town, but comes back
Must have: 2. Happy Spuffy Endgame. 3. Buffy misses Spike when he's gone.
1. Make a better late season 6/early season 7. You can take out the First Evil. You decide when Spike comes back. You can decide that he doesn't get his soul, or that he tried and failed. You can decide that he left after sleeping with Anya. You can have him get the chip out. You can take out the AR (but if you leave it in, they have to deal with it realistically).
1. A sad or tragic ending.
Can’t have: 2. No Spike/other or Buffy/other, even temporarily. They are slowly finding their way back to each other on more solid ground. 3. No love spells, human Spike, or baby/pregnancy for Buffy.
This banner has been claimed by Sweetprincipale! Characters: Buffy, Spike Rating: Don't mind Season/Episode: Don't mind
Must have: 2. Buffy shows up at Spike's dressed in cheerleader uniform 3. Spike loves it
1. Buffy loses a bet
Can have: 2. Under magical influence 3. Established relationship
Can’t have: 2. Babyfic 3. angsty exposition
This banner has been claimed by DeamonQueen! Characters: Spike, Buffy, Willow's cookies Rating: Any Season/Episode: S4, around the end of Something Blue
1. A batch of Willow's cookies having unintended effects, whether magical or just from the inherent magical powers of baking to bring people together.
Can have: 2. Crack
Can’t have: 2. Character bashing, unless in humour
This banner has been claimed by Sigyn! Characters: Buffy, Spike, Any Rating: Any Season/Episode: Any
1. All-human (or other AU)
Can have: 2. Dream sequence? 3. Some kinda weird dance-fight between Spike and Angel
Characters: Buffy, Spike Rating: NC-17 Season/Episode: Season 2
1. n Lie to Me, Buffy stakes Drusilla, accidentally or on purpose (up to the Author). Spike’s goes feral, and kills everyone in his path to get to the Slayer. They fight, Buffy looses, and Spike’s goes for the kill, but when he bites her with the intention to kill her, his demon claims her instead, because his demon sees the Slayer as his equal. Suffice to say, Spike can’t kill her anymore, and now they have to have to learn how to live with the consequences.
1. Buffy/Spike dying (permanently)
Can’t have: 2. The claim can't be broken
This banner has been claimed by ms_jenny_b! Characters: Buffy, Spike Rating: NC-17 Season/Episode: Season 7
1. Fix Season 7
1. Whatever your heart desires
1. Buffy/Spike dying
This banner has been claimed by Wonder and Ashes! Characters: Buffy Summers, Spike, Willow, Oz, Tara Rating: Any Season/Episode: Season 3 to Season 6
1. Oz being part of a spell or time travel
1. Would like Buffy to be quippy
Can have: 2. Oz a big part of the story 3. like Dawn and Anya
1. Season 7
Can’t have: 2. Xander Bash
Characters: Buffy, Spike Rating: Don't mind Season/Episode: Don't mind
1. Buffy is hunting a monster on her own underground
Must have: 2. Spike is down there too, and makes her jump 3. They end up kissing
1. Spike chasing Buffy
Can have: 2. Buffy has the chance to kill Spike but she kisses him instead 3. Creepy catacombs
Can’t have: 2. Babyfic 3. angsty exposition
This banner has been claimed by EllieRose101! Characters: Buffy, Spike Rating: Any Season/Episode: Any
1. Stolen moments in the cemetery
Must have: 2. Romantic moonlight yumminess 3. The couple that slays together... does other things together...
1. Season 6 post-death turmoil
Can have: 2. Seasons 2-4 sneaking away from Angel or Riley 3. Season 7 let's get out of this house away from all these potentials
This banner has been claimed by sandy_s! Characters: Buffy, Spike Rating: Any Season/Episode: Any
1. Sappy, adorable gushing from our favorite vampire, you know the type.
1. Literally anything Spuffy-flavored. Go wild.
1. All human/alternate universe.
This banner has been claimed by MaggieLaFey!
1. Spike acquiring a statue of an ancient powerful slayer(Buffy) with the intent of waking her because Drusilla has basically left him for Angel. He wants to prove his supremacy by being the badass that beats the ultimate badass.
Must have: 2. Spike and Buffy falling in love through dreams/visions before she wakes up. 3. HEA
1. Other Current Slayers and Scoobies.
Can have: 2. Sexy Times 3. Epic Fight between Spike and Buffy after she wakes
1. Drusilla being able to spy on Spike and Buffy's connection with her visions.
Can’t have: 2. Rape 3. Bangel
Characters: Spike, Buffy, Drusilla, Angel, Angelus(optional) Rating: Don't mind Season/Episode: Don't mind
1. Either Buffy/Dru OR Spike/Angel body swap
Characters: Spike, Buffy, any Rating: R and up Season/Episode: Not post series
1. happy spuffy ending
Can’t have: 2. excessive angst/stupidity 3. All Human
Characters: Buffy, Glory, Tara, Willow Rating: Don't mind Season/Episode: Don't mind
1. Willow showed up in time when Glory was in Tara's head - did some magic and Tara and Glory swapped bodies. Now Glory is the one who's lost her mind, and Tara, in G's body, had the powers of an earth-bound God
Must have: 2. All season 5 story arc problems are done with
1. Buffy and Spike so relieved they celebrate together
Can have: 2. Tara being mischievous with her new powers and helping Buffy realise she likes Spike
This banner has been claimed by chaoz! Characters: Spike, Buffy Rating: Don't mind Season/Episode: Season 6 - first half of season
1. Buffy realises she's treating Spike badly
Must have: 2. Takes him on a getaway to make up for it/give it a go away from the eyes of the Scoobs
1. Trip is a secret from the Scoobs but gets discovered
Can have: 2. Trip is a disaster but brings them closer together
This banner has been claimed by GillO! Characters: Spike, Buffy Rating: Don't mind Season/Episode: Don't mind
1. Buffy rescues Spike from a fire
1. Buffy questioning why she saved a man she despises (if fits with the season you choose)
Can have: 2. Spike feeling indebted to Buffy and trying to make it up to her
This banner has been claimed by MissLuci! Characters: Buffy/Spike and any others or none Rating: Any Season/Episode: Any, but probably 5 or later would
1. Buffy and Spike in an accepted relationship
Must have: 2. Buffy and Spike find a kitten on a patrol, Buffy talks a reluctant Spike into bringing it home 3. Cuteness of Spike first not wanting the kitten then falling in love with it
1. Spike and Buffy debating names for the kitten
Can have: 2. Spike (or Spuffy) shopping for kitten toys 3. Spike deciding kitten needs some friends
Can’t have: 2. non-con 3. harm to any kittens
This banner has been claimed by LaceratedLullabies! Characters: Buffy, Spike, anyone else you want Rating: Up to NC-17 Season/Episode: Season 7
1. Spike has already been moved into Buffy’s house.
Must have: 2. Buffy’s daydream musings about what she wishes her life would be start to come true by whatever mechanism you want them to (e.g., spell, hellmouth going klablooey, etc.). 3. Lighthearted (with an edge) if possible.
1. The First Evil being defeated via the daydreams or Buffy figuring out a solution to defeat the First.
Can have: 2. Spike seeing through the daydreams and being confused. 3. A friendly but mysterious cat.
1. The reversal of everything with no one remembering (ala I Will Remember You).
Can’t have: 2. The daydreams not having some sort of impact on Buffy and Spike. 3. An unhappy ending.
This banner has been claimed by Mai Maktes! Characters: Buffy, Spike, anyone else you want Rating: G to NC-17 Season/Episode: Season 5, around the time of Crush.
1. What if someone (whatever Buffy character you want) discovers a device/place/item that grants wishes when a person writes on it. Spike gets ahold of it and wishes for his date with Buffy to go well.
Must have: 2. The “date” in Crush goes a very different direction. 3. Must end with hints of possible Spuffy in the future even if the spell is terminated.
1. Dawn being the one to discover the magic place/device/item.
Can have: 2. Buffy has an actual good time on the date much to her surprise. 3. Drusilla being in the fic.
1. The wish thing being tied to vengeance demons.
Can’t have: 2. Angry Scoobies
Characters: anyone you feel necessary Rating: R/NC-17/Adult Only Season/Episode: S2 through S7+Post series (no comics please)
1. happy ending
Must have: 2. a really happy and fluffy re-telling of Buffy's and Spike's story over the years through the theme of dancing ('cause you know that's all they ever did). seriously though, the fluffier the better. 3. one of the dances must be at a wedding (Spuffy wedding, Dawn's wedding, whatever you fancy)
1. darker themes from canon if you feel it's a must
Can have: 2. claim 3. Buffy&Spike taking cute pictures in a photo booth
Can’t have: 2. all human fic 3. babyfic
Characters: anyone you feel necessary Rating: R/NC-17/Adult Only Season/Episode: S4/S5/S6/S7
1. Buffy is seriously hurt/sick (it can be physical or mental illness), and Spike has to take care of her for some reason (maybe after getting out of the Initiative together if you chose to go with S4)
Must have: 2. heavy on the hurt/comfort theme but at the end it must be a happy ending 3. Spike going feral for a short time as even his demon wants to protect Buffy
1. Title suggestion: (She might just be my) Everything - it's from the song 'Beyond' by Leon Bridges
Can have: 2. Claim 3. Spike and Tara friendship - Tara seeing Spike's aura when he's taking care of Buffy
1. Adam and/or the Trio as the big bad
Can’t have: 2. all human fic 3. babyfic
Characters: anyone you feel necessary Rating: R/NC-17/Adult Only Season/Episode: S2/S3/S4/S5/S6/S7
1. Road trip - for some reason Buffy&Spike are on the run (either they are in a relationship when they run away, or become a couple on the road), and they are afraid to go back to Sunnydale because they know the Scoobies will not let them be together. In the meantime, someone (Giles?) finds a prophecy that says they are destined by the PTB to be together, so the Scoobies are trying to find them to let them know they can go home
Must have: 2. some big bad that's a threat to both Buffy and Spike, but not to the rest of the Scoobies 3. really supportive and trusting relationship between Buffy&Spike (no nonsense about vampires without a soul not being able to love)
1. the road trip can take place just in the US or all over the world if you want
Can have: 2. Spike doesn't have a chip/soul 3. Buffy falls in love with Spike first + claim
1. the Scoobies calling Angel for help
Can’t have: 2. all human fic 3. babyfic
Characters: Buffy, Spike, anyone else you want Rating: G to NC-17 Season/Episode: Season 5, around the time of Real Me.
1. Something magical happens when Tara and Dawn thumb wrestle while the gang is investigating the Magic Box. A magical vortex opens up and sucks the Magic Box and the Scoobies into an alternate dimension.
Must have: 2. Somehow Buffy escapes getting sucked in. 3. She recruits her mom and Spike to help rescue her friends. Lots of bonding among the three occurs in the process...bantering and sniping but also bonding.
1. Tara's magic interacts with something Harmony accidentally triggers when she broke into the Magic Box. Maybe Harmony picked up something magical because she thought it was ________ (e.g., pretty, made her seem strong, looked magical, matched the décor for her crypt, etc.).
Can have: 2. Buffy recognizes the relationship between Joyce and Spike as a good one and wonders what her mom really thinks of him. 3. Riley leaving town early/breaking up with Buffy due to an identity crisis he realized over the summer.
1. Buffy moping about Angel and Riley or Spike moping about Dru.
Characters: Spike Buffy & whoever else you like
1. Buffy possessed or a ghost, however briefly
Characters: Spike Buffy Dru
1. Dru as a main character
1. Buffy realising Spike is under Dru's spell/thrall - perhaps this is the reason they were in a relationship in the first place?
This banner has been claimed by lex_hex! Characters: Buffy, Spike, Dawn, others as needed Rating: G - NC-17 Season/Episode: Prior to Season 5
1. Dawn retcon AU. Dawn was always there. Prior to Season 5 (3-4 suggested), write an alternate universe in which Dawn is present and things get Spuffier. Can be completely AU or a rewrite of as many episodes/seasons as you wish.
Must have: 2. Somewhere in the fic, explain just how Spike got a puffy winter coat embroidered with his name (see banner image). 3. Slow-burn romance
1. Spuffy smut
Can have: 2. Spike/Dawn friendship 3. Buffy/Spike/Dawn road trip or other adventure
1. Rape (statutory or otherwise)
Can’t have: 2. Claim 3. Buffy/Other or Spike/Other. Ain't nobody got time for that.
This banner has been claimed by DarkEternity96! Characters: Buffy, Spike, OCs Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Post-Chosen
1. Spike was given the Shanshu at some point after Not Fade Away
Must have: 2. Buffy went off to live that normal life that Spike died to give her, making new friends who don't know what a Slayer is 3. Buffy goes to the beach and sees a familiar face in the bright sunlight
1. Whether Buffy is still in contact with anyone from her old life, like Dawn or her friends
Characters: Vampire Buffy, Spike Rating: NC-17 Season/Episode: S3, The Prom
1. After being dumped in a sewer, Buffy isn't paying attention, lost in thought, and is attacked and turned by a vampire
Must have: 2. Her first kill is Angel 3. She remains soulless for the entire story
1. Her turning any of her friends or making new ones with already turned vampires
Can have: 2. Teaming up with the Mayor and Faith 3. Her leaving and running into Spike elsewhere than Sunnyhell
1. Soul curse
Can’t have: 2. Angel beyond the first few chapters
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Angel Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Season 4
1. Angel never leaves; Whistler gave him a job and him breaking up with Buffy doesn't change that - she is his mission, if not his girlfriend
Must have: 2. Buffy moving to the dorms was a way to gain independence from both Joyce and Angel, so she could move on 3. When Spike shows up chipped, he and Angel actually bond, and become something akin to friends - it takes a while, obviously
1. Angel with a love interest of his own - bonus point for using an established character, not an OC
Can have: 2. Dawn around even though it's S4
1. Bangel - obviously there are lingering feelings in the beginning, but they stay broken up from the beginning
Can’t have: 2. Angel being chipped
This banner has been claimed by Megan! Characters: Buffy, Spike, Dawn Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: AU/AR
1. The world ended in an alternate S1 and the story picks up six months later when Buffy is 17
Must have: 2. She is wandering the destructed earth searching for her baby sister, who was away at camp when everything happened 3. She and Spike meet and make a deal; her blood for his help in tracking Dawn
1. Dawn can be dead or worse, the story is about the journey
Can have: 2. When I say 'alternate S1', it's up to you if she lived in Sunnydale, if she knew the main cast, anything like that 3. How the world ended (and whether we've entered zombie territory) is up to you
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Dawn Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Pre-series, AU/AR
1. 1900, Boxer Rebellion; Spike kills his first Slayer and Xin Rong's family curse him with a soul
Must have: 2. They send him someone to help guide him on a better path; newly Chosen Elizabeth 'Buffy' Summers 3. In this world, Angelus was never cursed by the Kalderash
1. The other characters in this historical setting
Can have: 2. A clause in the curse that makes Spike lose it at some point; doesn't have to be a perfect happiness clause 3. A souled Spike insisting he find Drusilla and try to save her, either by staking her (setting her free) or trying to keep her from killing
1. Angel (cursed version)
Can’t have: 2. Time travel
Characters: Vampire Buffy, Angelus, Spike, Drusilla Rating: NC-17 Season/Episode: Season 2, Surprise/Innocence
1. After killing the woman and getting his bearings, Angelus walks back inside and takes a sleeping Buffy away to torture and, eventually, turn
Must have: 2. As a fledgling, Buffy is tied to her Sire and does what he wants, including torturing her friends and family - as time passes, however, she begins to regain some semblance of her old self (sans soul) and starts hating Angelus and wanting him dead 3. Jenny curses Angel but it was tailormade for him and the curse won't work on any other vampire; including Buffy
1. Buffy turning some of her friends, maybe to get allies for when she strikes against her Sire
Can have: 2. Kendra
1. A way to curse Buffy or turn her human again
Can’t have: 2. The good guys as the good guys - evil Buffy is the protagonist of the story
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Tara, Willow Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Season 6, Tabula Rasa
1. Willow's spell works exactly how it's supposed to, except it takes a bit more than she planned; Buffy and Tara are 'reset' back to when they were sixteen year's old
Must have: 2. Buffy's last memory is spending the summer with her dad in LA (after S1, before S2) and Tara wants to know where her mother is 3. When everyone keeps lying or fudging the truth (think Fang Gang with Amnesia!Cordy) the girls turn to Spike for answers
1. The girls never regaining their memories
Can have: 2. Some sort of karmic backlash that causes all of Willow's memories to disappear
This banner has been claimed by talesofstories! Characters: Buffy, Spike, Faith, Angel, Dana Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Post-Chosen, Angel Season 5, Damage
1. Instead of Andrew, Buffy and Faith show up to get Dana and are waiting at the office when Spike and Angel return
Must have: 2. Buffy so hurt that Spike didn't tell her he was back that she teams up with Angel to find Dana; Faith can't stop smirking at him 3. Spike still getting his hands chopped off
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Angel Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: All Human
1. Buffy and Spike are married, but Buffy is having an affair with Angel
Must have: 2. When Spike finds out, he divorces her and she happily moves in with her boyfriend, Angel 3. But as time passes, Buffy starts realizing that she made a huge mistake and wants Spike back
1. An unhappy ending where Spike doesn't take her back
Can have: 2. A pregnancy, but not as a way to fix everything, magically 3. Spike dating someone else (Dru?) when Buffy makes her realization
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Sophie Carstensen Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Post-Chosen, Time Travel
1. Buffy is on a mission for the New Council that brings her to the 1940s to help Sophie Carstensen and figure out who killed the other Slayer
Must have: 2. She is not expecting to find the man she's been grieving at his most evil, stalking the other Slayer
1. Buffy being stuck there, forever
Can have: 2. Future, soulful Spike coming back to assist (and maybe winding up in his younger body) 3. Sophie surviving past her original death
This banner has been claimed by violettathepiratequeen! Characters: Willow, Spike Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Summer between Season 5 and 6
1. Willow finds a letter that Spike wrote to Buffy, about 'every night I save you', and somehow it is the reason she decides to resurrect Buffy
1. It can be the prologue of an actual story that changes S6 or a one-shot, up to you
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Dawn, Willow Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Season 6, Once More, with Feeling
1. In place of Sweet we have Willow casting a spell that changes reality - she can be fully aware, a little or not at all
Must have: 2. Buffy is a sugary sweet cheerleader (as is Dawn and they're the same age), Spike is from the wrong side of the tracks, and they fall in love 3. The spell not broken until love has been professed between the two - they don't have their original memories, but have retained their personalities
1. The possible roles played by other Sunnydale characters
Can have: 2. Willow still trying to Tabula Rasa the gang after the spell ends
1. Any of the events of OMWF, but you can still include some revelations; this means no one but Spike knows Buffy was in Heaven
This banner has been claimed by bramcrackers! Characters: Buffy, Spike, Angel, Drusilla, Darla Rating: NC-17 Season/Episode: Season 3, Time Travel
1. In the middle of the Bangel drama of S3, Buffy is thrown through a portal (either through time or to another universe) where it's 1892; Angelus is still evil, Spike doesn't know what a Slayer is, but at least Drusilla and Darla are the same as they ever were
Must have: 2. Buffy never gets back to her own time/world 3. She was summoned by the Slayer of this time, either through magic or just a plea answered by a higher power
1. I love a good 'Darla turns good without a soul' story, so there's one possible idea
Can have: 2. Someone else being cursed (ooh, maybe Darla?) in 1898
This banner has been claimed by angelic_amy! Characters: Buffy, Spike Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Season 3, Graduation Day, Season 7, AU/AR
1. Faith stabs Buffy on the roof and tosses her off the ledge, causing Buffy to fall into a four-year long coma
Must have: 2. When she wakes up, Willow and Oz are graduating college, an OC Slayer is guarding the Hellmouth with their Key sibling, Xander left when he and Willow grew apart and Buffy's mother has been dead for a few years 3. After trying to fit in and failing, Buffy hops into Joyce's Jeep and heads out on the open road, looking for a new purpose and life
1. Xander showing up down the road as someone who is still involved in the supernatural world/life
Can have: 2. I have other details and can be contacted for more, if you want, but I wanted to leave it as open-ended as I could to inspire someone
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Cordelia, Doyle, Wesley Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Buffy S4, Angel S1, Hero
1. Angel dies during Hero instead of Doyle and they are down one Champion
Must have: 2. The Oracles and Buffy's prophetic dreams announce that she will be the new protector of LA, while they awaken Faith and settle her in Sunnydale
1. Wesley still turning up as part of the team
Can have: 2. Spike can have a chip or not, if you want to fudge the timeline a bit with him, that's fine
1. Willow, Tara, Giles, Joyce, Anya, all of the gang as anything more than minor characters (Xander is an exception because I adore Xandelia)
Can’t have: 2. Angel
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Riley, Tara Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Summer between S4/S5, AU/AR
1. After defeating Adam and the end of her first year, Buffy goes with Riley to Huxley, Iowa for the summer to meet his family
Must have: 2. There, she runs into Tara Maclay; her favorite cousin! Tara still has the same family and past and living situation 3. Tara comes back to Sunnydale with Buffy at the end of summer
1. You can have Buffy dump Riley over the summer because she realizes how differently they see their futures after meeting the Finn's
Can have: 2. Tara falling for someone other than Willow 3. Willow dating someone other than Oz, male or female
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Joyce, Angel Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Season 3, The Prom
1. Buffy overhearing the conversation that Angel and her mother have in the mansion
Must have: 2. It makes her think, about her mother's very sensible arguments, about Angel's decision to not include her in anything, all of it causes her to rethink what she thought she was so sure of 3. Butterfly effect; Buffy makes a choice that changes everything, whatever that may be
1. Buffy not stabbing Faith - hell, Angel may not even get shot with that arrow
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Scoobies, Fang Gang Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Post-Chosen, Angel Season 5
1. When Angel and Buffy argue in the cemetery after killing Caleb, ghost!Lilah shows up to make the Slayer the same offer she gave Angel
Must have: 2. Everyone takes the summer to think about things but eventually most if not all of them choose to accept the keys to the kingdom 3. Spike still comes out of the amulet and is tied to the building, but now Buffy and the rest are also there
1. A small handful of people (Faith or Andrew or Wesley or whoever) not in on the deal and staying around LA to keep an eye on things
Can have: 2. Angel/Nina even with Buffy there 3. Spike or Buffy turned into a puppet, or even a whole other character
Characters: Buffy, Spike, OCs Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Season 7, Post-Chosen
1. When Angelus escapes the Hyperion cage he heads straight for Sunnydale where he turns Buffy into a vampire
Must have: 2. 200 years later the Slayer of that time and her Watcher, with help from souled Spike, finally manage to curse Buffy with a soul 3. They don't manage to curse Angelus before the curse is destroyed again and he is still loose
1. Descendants of Buffy's friends and family
Can have: 2. Someone unexpected immortal and still around, like Dawn or Xander or whoever
1. Too much time, if any, spent in the past of S7
Can’t have: 2. An army of Slayers; if there was an army once upon a time, we are now back to one at a time
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Dawn, Tara, Giles, Willow, Xander, Anya Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Season 5
1. When Buffy tells her friends what Dawn is, she doesn't expect them to conspire to kill Dawn to stop Glory
Must have: 2. Giles helps get Buffy, Spike and Dawn out of the country and off to Europe to run from Willow's magic and good intentions 3. Giles secretly contacts the Council who send a tribunal to judge Xander, Willow and Anya and punish them for their crimes
1. I can't remember if Joyce was still alive when the gang found out about Dawn, so she can be traveling with them, too
Can have: 2. Tara finding them and telling them that Glory's time has passed and it's safe to come home 3. Also, have Tara staying behind in Sunnydale to keep an eye on the other three
1. Buffy jumping
Can’t have: 2. Willow, Xander or Anya as bad guys, they just make really bad decisions without thinking it through
Characters: Those in the banner + whoever else
1. Everyone wakes up one day looking how they looked at some significant moment in their life (can be in the past or the future)
1. AU/Portal/Temporary spell
Can have: 2. They try to figure out the significance of the moment 3. Fluff
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Any Rating: NC-17 Season/Episode: post-series or Angel season 5
1. Spike dating someone but finally Spuffy ending
Must have: 2. Spike as a cherished member of the Fang gang 3. Buffy jealous and trying to get Spike back
1. Spike having besties (Gunn, Fred, Lorne… even Angel)
Can have: 2. Scoobies and Fang gang going out together to a club to celebrate something 3. Spike dancing with his girlfriend or any other girl (it can be Buffy but she has to convince him)
Can’t have: 2. All Human 3. Babyfic
This banner has been claimed by bewildered! Characters: Buffy, Spike, anyone else you want Rating: G to NC-17 Season/Episode: Season 6, OMWF
1. Buffy chooses to go to his hell dimension in lieu of Dawn, and Sweet takes her away with Spike tagging along on the edge of the magic.
Must have: 2. Buffy and Spike navigate the hell dimension together. 3. Giles, Dawn, and the rest of the gang try to rescue them.
1. Buffy taking Spike's advice about living and her turning his own advice back to him.
1. Spike and Buffy being trapped forever.
Can’t have: 2. Extreme torture.
This banner has been claimed by ashcrashed! Characters: All Buffy Human AU - choice of cast up to you Rating: Any Season/Episode: For ages, think post-Chosen
1. Summers' Sweets and Savories has been Sunnydale's bakery of choice for decades, each generation of Summers' women taking over as grande dame pastry chef, with current Martha-Stewart-in-charge Joyce as the current chef/owner. But when a debilitating accident (or illness) sidelines Joyce, it's up to eldest daughter Buffy to find a way to keep her family's shop going while her mother heals. Buffy sure isn't going to do it. Her cooking skills were never up to par with her mother's and she's become instead a vicious slayer food critic, her column the
Must have: 2. Happy Spuffy Endgame. 3. No death for Joyce, but she may not be able to return to run the shop after all.
1. You can include Dawn or not. Is she a rebel and totally out of the business? Does she want the shop but is too insecure to go after it?
Can have: 2. You decide how angsty you want the mother/daughter/sister relationships to be. 3. You decide how Spike got to be both famous and infamous - Top Chef, British Baking Show, Cake Boss, etc. Is he also in the tabloids for breaking hearts or throwing crazy parties? Etc.
1. A sad or tragic ending.
Can’t have: 2. No baby fic
This banner has been claimed by Kanita! Season/Episode: Alternate Season 4
1. Buffy not knowing for quite a while that William and Spike are the same as she tries to uncover more about this poet.
Must have: 2. Spike being there and overhearing Willow and Buffy talk about the book of his poems before he reveals his presence (or she stumbles on him there). 3. Spike tries to steal the book at some point.
1. Buffy finding photos and putting two and two together. Somehow, she figures it out and confronts Spike. Leads to Spuffy, of course. You can have time-travel if you wish or just keep it contemporary, funny or just romantic as you choose.
Can have: 2. The Council helped get Buffy into the University thinking they could keep a closer eye on her and also thinking that Faith would be more easily dealt with. 3. POSSIBLE SUMMARY/EXTRA INFO: Buffy and Willow are accepted, and choose to attend, Cambridge University in an alternate S4. While there, Buffy stumbles on a collection of poems written by a Victorian student (possibly in the library or elsewhere on campus. Not a published work). The student was William Pratt. Buffy develops a fan-girl reaction to this unknown poet and cherishes the book of love and nature poems. Spike, now parted from Dru is back in England and horrified that The Slayer of all people has stumbled on his poems from his student days. He is also deeply moved that she actually LIKES his work.
This banner has been claimed by AlloSpoike! Characters: Spike and Buffy. Rating: Any Season/Episode: Season Five, Out of My Mind
1. The Buffy and Spike interaction from right at the end of OoMM––except it's not a dream.
Must have: 2. Duel Perspectives. I want to feel reactions from both Buffy and Spike as it's happening. 3. Positive Aftermath. No Buffy kicking Spike in the head and running away.
1. Temporary Angst
Can have: 2. Temporary Freaking Out 3. Smut
1. Dub or Non-Con/Rape
Can’t have: 2. Harmony 3. Riley
Characters: Spike Buffy Willow & Others
1. Something comic book themed - a cursed comic, a scene in a comic book store, comic book characters come to life
1. Focus on more superhero elements of Spike and Buffy's powers, less focus on the vampire/slayer but more on their super strength
Can have: 2. Involvement from the Trio 3. They need 3D glasses to see the villains
This banner has been claimed by VampyricRose! Characters: Buffy, Spike, Anya, Faith, others Rating: NC-17 Season/Episode: season 7
1. Anya and/or Faith hitting on Spike (he can go along with it or reject them)
Must have: 2. Buffy spying on Spike having cameras on his room (or the basement, whenerver you prefer) and watching him and Anya/Faith 3. Big fight between Buffy and Spike (only words, no kicking) but they end up kissing
1. Dawn and Spike bonding again
Can have: 2. Buffy trying to seduce Spike with no results (at first…) 3. Buffy finding out what Faith told Spike during the body swap and trying to fool Spike acting like it has happened again to see how he reacts
Can’t have: 2. Spike killing people 3. Threesome
This banner has been claimed by talesofstories! Characters: Spike Buffy & Others
1. 60s style
1. Costume party
Can have: 2. Time Travel 3. AU set in the 60s
This banner has been claimed by Girlytek! Characters: Spike Buffy
Can have: 2. Halloween 3. Agatha Christie or Virginia Andrews-esque
1. Buffy or Spike death
Characters: Spike Buffy Xander
1. Xander gains some cool points and Spike gets jealous that he's gonna catch her eye
1. Somehow the events of Once More With Feeling lead to Xander & maybe others becoming celebrities
Can have: 2. Dream/vision
Characters: Spike Buffy and maybe Buffybot
1. A dream/a spell/a trip/a daydream/ a story come true
Can have: 2. Stepford Wives-esque Buffy or Buffybot 3. Buffybot as some 60s vision of the housewife of the future
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Angel/Angelus, Dru, Spike's mother, Whistler, Maggie Walsh - either Sam Lawson, Wesley or OC (as friend to Spike) other series characters as needed. Rating: Chosen by writer Season/Episode: season four alternative reality
1. Drusilla takes over Walsh and her science team via super enhanced thrall.
Must have: 2. Buffy still has love for Angel when he makes Dru revamp him for his freedom. 3. Whistler & TPTB select Spike as their new Champion and offer to restore his mother's life back and healthy. Plus, she is shown some of Spike's future life as vampire champion - she goes on to live out her normal life. The Amara Treasure or alternative fortune given to Spike to finance his life as the new Vampire Champion. Spike transformed during his time in South America after his separation from Dru.
1. The Initiative are enhanced soldiers for Angelus and Dru.
Can have: 2. Some Sunnydale demons join the fight.
1. Angelus re-ensouled at end.
Can’t have: 2. Buffy or Spike death. 3. Adam or new powers to Willow.
Characters: Spike/Buffy, Any Rating: NC-17 ;) and up Season/Episode: Any, No comics
1. happy spuffy (doesnt have to be to start/but can) but sooner then later
Must have: 2. Vamp!Buffy, she can struggle at first to deal if you choose but should adjust and accept what she is (more fun less whining), how or why she is turned author will decide, vamp!buffy can retain her soul if you like but either way she should still be somewhat buffy with some obvious changes, maybe less stick in a@@ ;) 3. Joyce is still alive and supportive
1. vamp!buffy makes a vamp
Can have: 2. anyone can be her sire 3. vamp!buffy kill a human to protect a loved one
Can’t have: 2. Buffy turning back to human 3. Spike being chipped
Characters: Spike/Buffy, Dru, Anne, Angelus, Darla +any Rating: NC-17 ;) and up Season/Episode: Any, No comics
1. happy spuffy (doesnt have to be to start/but can) but sooner then later
Must have: 2. Buffy (still as a slayer powers and all) goes back in time to pre vamped Spike (how why when to or when from your choice), obviously love and nautiness ensues and Buffy is pregnant by William (they can be wed or not, scandal!) Buffy is still there when William is vamped by Dru, Buffy can still be pregnant or the baby can have arrived already, Spike protects Buffy and baby not matter what, do they stay in this time, buffy goes back with baby or while pregnant go wild with your imagination but she has to still be there a little after he is vamped if she/they go back at all 3. Don't kill Dru
1. do what you want with Darla/Angelus
Can have: 2. Dru wanting to protect/take care of buffy/baby 3. the council getting involved, a scooby going back in time to 'help'
Can’t have: 2. the baby being hurt 3. Spike killing his mother lets spare him that
This banner has been claimed by Dorians Kitten! Characters: Spike/Buffy and anyone Rating: R and up Season/Episode: nope any
1. mature buffy who accepts who she is and knows what she wants (Spike, duh)
Must have: 2. Spike still being a bit bad and Buffy understanding/accepting and not trying to change him 3. Buffy being more in touch with her Slayer side
1. Claim/Blood Play
Can have: 2. the Slayer essence evolving growing
Characters: Spike/Buffy, Dru, Joyce , Scoobies... Rating: R and up Season/Episode: School Hard
1. Know its done a ton but love some School Hard rewrites where buffy and Spike have an immediate attraction to each other of some sort (Buffy can be a little more mature aka smut ok age ;) )
Must have: 2. Dru and Joyce having tea 3. Claim
1. Buffy choosing to give blood to Dru to heal her
Can have: 2. Dru making Angel stop brooding 3. Dru and Giles having tea ;) miss edith can be included as well
Can’t have: 2. Spike being treated like shit 3. excessive prolonged secrecy
Characters: Spike/Buffy, ensamble anyone everyone Rating: R and up Season/Episode: nope
1. Lots of spuffy love
Must have: 2. angst only if not prolonged
1. characters getting to loosen up
Can have: 2. Angel/Cordy or any character pairing aside from Spuffy
Can’t have: 2. All Human
Characters: Buffy, Spike and other characters as needed by author Rating: author choice Season/Episode: Seeing Red and other by author choice.
1. Buffy and Spike experience nightmares
Must have: 2. Must learn how to live with this darkest experience of their relationship. 3. Buffy and Spike develop emotional and character strengths.
1. Rejection by some Scoob characters.
Can have: 2. Rejection by Angel for their choices. 3. OC that helps Buffy through the trauma or Anya playing this part.
1. Xander bashing
Can’t have: 2. Anya and Xander staying in their series relationship.
Season/Episode: All Human Military Au
1. Buffy and Spike from different branches or units of the Military forced to work together. Immediate sexual tension and antagonism
Must have: 2. Buffy and Spike both being specialists in their field and trying to outdo each other. 3. At least one competition between them where Buffy kicks his ass rather spectacularly.
1. A bet of some kind between them. Bonus points if you can incorporate the bazooka into the story!
Can have: 2. Other Scoobies 3. Sexy Times, each one getting caught or called out in their attraction to the other.
Can’t have: 2. Heavy Handed Misogyny. Buffy is recognized and very respected for her expertise within her field. 3. Excessive Bangel
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Larry, Giles, Drusilla, Jenny Rating: Author's choice Season/Episode: Season 2, Phases
1. Things are canon up until this episode, when Larry turns out to be the werewolf (and also gay) instead of Oz
Must have: 2. Since he needs to be informed and then lock himself up three nights of the month, he quickly joins the gang and grows close with Buffy 3. His presence somehow ensures that Jenny stays alive
1. A love interest for Larry, whether OC or someone from canon
Can have: 2. Larry the one who does magic either instead of or simultaneously with Willow
1. A Xander/Larry pairing
Can’t have: 2. Bangel