Past Featured Story
Summary: Thanks to Halloween night, a frightened town, and enchanted costumes courtesy of one Ethan Rayne, Slayer and Slayer of Slayers were magically thrown together.  Now, no matter how much either of them claims to hate it, their partnership must continue if they hope to stop a full-fledged reign of Chaos on the Hellmouth.  Look out - Buffy Summers is gonna lay down the law.  Part of the EF July 2021 Scooby Mystery Challenge.
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Categories: Season 2
Characters: Angel, Buffy, Cordelia, Drusilla, Ethan Rayne, Giles, Jenny Calendar, Joyce, Oz, Spike, Willow, Xander
Genres: Action/Adventure, Fighting, Fluffy/Comedy, HEA/HFN, Romance, Under Magical Influence
Warnings: Adult Language
Event: Mystery Fic-a-Thon 2021
Completed: Yes Chapters: 5
Word count: 55,730 Hit Count: 6,204 ePub Downloads: 128
Published: July 09, 2021 Updated: August 08, 2021


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

View All Chapters

Story Notes: Huge thanks to the ridiculously talented and helpful OffYourBird, who serves both as beta supreme and creator of that stunning banner up there.  I can't thank her enough for her guidance through this reimagined Season 2.
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Chapter 1 by kats_meow - Likes: 50 Comments: 25 Word Count: 12,605 Hit Count: 1,991 Published: July 09, 2021

Given the mysterious nature of the challenge with prompts arriving during the writing, the rating and characters are subject to change.  But first, let's check in with our Slayer, who's having a bit of costume renter's remorse...

2. Chapter 2 by kats_meow - Likes: 35 Comments: 14 Word Count: 7,154 Hit Count: 1,081 Published: July 14, 2021

Hey everybody!  Thanks so much for all of the love on the first chapter.  Can you believe that I actually got to leave my house and stay somewhere else on a vacation for a few days for the first time since December 2019?  Haha, which is my way of saying that I'm a little delayed in responding to comments.  But I promise I'll get to every single one and I'm so grateful to you for reading my first ever fic reimagining Season Two.  Thanks oodles to lovely OffYourBird for all the beta skills and cheerleading that keep this Kat purring like crazy!

3. Chapter 3 by kats_meow - Likes: 35 Comments: 10 Word Count: 10,861 Hit Count: 1,046 Published: July 24, 2021

Stick a BBQ fork in me, this chapter only got done thanks to OffYourBird's speedy beta skills.  Not a whole lot of Spuffy here - yet - they're still doing their dance.  But that will certainly change after this chapter and the next.  Thanks so much for reading!  This is so much fun to write cheers

4. Chapter 4 by kats_meow - Likes: 30 Comments: 11 Word Count: 10,280 Hit Count: 1,023 Published: July 31, 2021

My little foray into a revised Season Two continues in this installment, in which Spike talks to Angel, Buffy goes on a date, Spike tries something new, and aliens definitely do not invade Zimbabwe.  Thanks to OffYourBird for always making sure I get the words right and thanks to YOU for reading!

5. Chapter 5 by kats_meow - Likes: 46 Comments: 17 Word Count: 14,830 Hit Count: 1,063 Published: August 08, 2021

OffYourBird championed me through the last chapter of this super fun fic, to make it just in time for the deadline! Thanks so much for reading and I hope you enjoy our sheriff and deputy riding off into the sunset together.