In a dystopian future, the Senior Partners sent a horde of demons to overrun Angel and his crew, and the Senior Partners won. Buffy and her friends are on the hunt for something to save the world, and on one mission, Buffy finds something belonging to someone she never thought she’d see again. After all, he lit up in the Sunnydale hellmouth, saving the world from a different source of evil.
Written for the Elysian Fields Challenge Month and Dusty’s beautiful “Glow” banner. She wanted Spike gushing about how Buffy glows…well, there will be gushing in various forms. It just might take a little time to get there. I have lots of plans for glowing.
Disclaimer: I own nothing. Joss owns all.
, Alternate Reality
, Challenge Response
Characters: Andrew Wells
, Charles Gunn
, Faith Lehane
, Mr. Gordo
, Original Characters
, Hurt/ComfortWarnings: Adult Language
, Blood Play
, Mental Health Issues
, Sexual Situations
38,531 Hit Count:
4,308 ePub Downloads:
April 27, 2021 Updated:
September 18, 2021
Print or Download Story:
View All Chapters
1. Chapter One by sandy_s - Likes: 24 Comments: 16 Word Count: 3,195 Hit Count: 1,269 Published: April 27, 2021
I've been really wanting to write another dystopian fic, and in the last one I wrote (also ironically for a reverse banner challenge), the Senior Partners won and everything was dark, but I wanted it to feel more real...not that the other one doesn't. I still like it, but I dunno. I wanted to do it better and with much more Spike (last one was all Buffy POV).
I'll be honest...a lot of what we're going through right now with the pandemic is inspiring some of this, too.
Title comes from the song "Glow" sung by Ella Henderson.
Dusty's banner was very inspiring and I was so incredibly excited to nab hers. :o)
Ahhh...I'm always so nervous to start something new! Hope you enjoy it. I have four chapters written so far.
2. Chapter Two by sandy_s - Likes: 18 Comments: 10 Word Count: 3,434 Hit Count: 398 Published: May 08, 2021
Apologies if Dawn's translation in this chapter is inaccurate. I blame Google. ;o) Thank you for all the love of the new story so far! *hugs*
3. Chapter Three by sandy_s - Likes: 17 Comments: 9 Word Count: 2,963 Hit Count: 331 Published: May 18, 2021
4. Chapter Four by sandy_s - Likes: 22 Comments: 11 Word Count: 3,877 Hit Count: 399 Published: May 30, 2021
5. Chapter Five by sandy_s - Likes: 19 Comments: 9 Word Count: 2,867 Hit Count: 347 Published: June 13, 2021
6. Chapter Six by sandy_s - Likes: 16 Comments: 9 Word Count: 4,260 Hit Count: 322 Published: June 19, 2021
7. Chapter Seven by sandy_s - Likes: 15 Comments: 7 Word Count: 3,369 Hit Count: 304 Published: July 09, 2021
Spike does a little bit of a silly thing here...
8. Chapter Eight by sandy_s - Likes: 12 Comments: 7 Word Count: 4,467 Hit Count: 259 Published: August 15, 2021
Longer chapter! Hopefully you will enjoy it. I'm back to this fic now that the challenge month is over!
9. Chapter Nine by sandy_s - Likes: 18 Comments: 10 Word Count: 3,348 Hit Count: 243 Published: August 28, 2021
10. Chapter Ten by sandy_s - Likes: 13 Comments: 9 Word Count: 3,501 Hit Count: 250 Published: September 06, 2021
Lots of exposition...sorry in advance.
11. Chapter Eleven by sandy_s - Likes: 12 Comments: 9 Word Count: 3,250 Hit Count: 183 Published: September 18, 2021
I wanted a little more Spuffy relaxation before the adventure continues. Hope you'll indulge me. :o)