Summary:

There’s a kid in many of Willow’s class that’s a bit too curious of Sunnydale’s mysteries for his own good. Why does she keep seeing him around? James, on the other hand, was hoping fervently that he didn’t have to see Buffy mooning after Angel or vice versa, and couldn’t stop wishing that Spike would be here soon. Never mind that William the Bloody was still his destructive, unsouled self just then.
 
Before that he had things to do and futures to influence. Sooner or later their fears were going to manifest in the physical world, the butterfly effect has made things worse, and the Scoobies will have more than they can handle. James might even get what he wished for as Spike and Drusilla barrelled into Sunnydale at a moment unexpected. Beyond all that the apocalypse is still coming. 
 
An unsouled master vampire who had killed two slayers and the vampire slayer. They don't really have much in common with each other, right? There's also only a snowball's chance in hell of anything happening between them? Well, James begged to differ, and he would do his damnedest to make sure the conditions were favourable for them and stack the odds in their favour.
 
(The vampire!Buffy tag for story is basically for the Season 1 episode, Nightmare. Technically, it's not permanent.)
(Another warning for 'blood as a food group'. This story didn't shy from the details of that when we get to the vampiric bits).

Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Categories: Season 1
Characters: Amy Madison, Angel, Angelus, Buffy, Drusilla, Giles, Jenny Calendar, Joyce, Original Characters, Spike, Willow, Xander
Genres: Action/Adventure, Dramedy, Fighting
Warnings: Adult Language, Buffy/Other (Temp), Spike/Other (Temp), Vampire!Buffy, Violence
Completed: No Chapters: 9
Word count: 28,706 Hit Count: 945 ePub Downloads: 20
Published: November 19, 2017 Updated: November 19, 2017


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

View All Chapters

Story Notes: Obligatory Disclaimer:
 
All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 
Author's Note:
Here is a bit of a background and my initial plot plan to my fellow readers.
 
Seriously, read this first. How else would you know whether the story is to your preferences or not otherwise? This is the equivalent of the user’s manual.
 
Recently, most of the fanfics I’ve read where the characters have some future knowledge/get sent back through time always involved one of the main characters experiencing it. Which, once the whole thrown-into-the-past or waking-up-with-precognitive-memories was done, they can certainly do all in their power to fulfil because they have the powers and it’s their life, yes? Somehow, I wondered, what if it was just a random sod who had that knowledge? The person is practically a nobody, not a superpowered person and outside the Scoobies’ circle of friends. It would be an uphill battle and a half for the poor sod to get close enough to do something, much less to get the characters to do something else. They still want to do their own thing, after all.
 
So, I randomly wrote this. The OC is around 90% me. One of the things I’d like to unkink (unfuck) is Buffy’s messed up relationship with Angel. This is why I tried my hand at a Season 1 fic to see if it was possible to do some early damage control as an outsider. As much as I’m more inclined to see Buffy end up with Spike than Angel, he’s definitely not present at the beginning. Though I’m probably going to be impatient enough to make it that enough changes have accumulated from canon that Spike would drop in before his original-timeline arrival.
 
For those who don’t like OCs, once everything runs smoother and Spike gets into the story, the poor OC twerp is probably going to get involved with something that’s over his head and I’ll kill him. (Alright, depends on feedback. It's just that I'm determined to shift the latter perspective to Buffy's because it is her story).
 
There. You can go straight into the story without missing much. Or, if you’re still a bit more curious about my notes, you can read the last bit.
 
Lastly, this is really heavy on the OC’s side of the story (at the very least in the first ten-twenty chapters or so) because of that unkinking idea. Willow hangs around a lot too. The other reason is that Season 1 Buffy still has Angel on the brain, and do you want to be in Buffy’s head right then? I don’t know about you, but I don’t. Since Spike’s not around yet until some 45k words in or so (chapter 14-15, if you want to be precise), Buffy’s still attempting romance with Angel before that (as you do—that is how canon went, after all). Don’t worry, there’s no reason it would last too long or get too far.
 
Then we’ll have Buffy that’s already in the process of moving on from Angel and a Spike that’s more open to possibilities from the beginning.
 
Without further ado:

1. 01 The Transfer Student by Mistakes_and_Experiments - Likes: 6 Comments: 5 Word Count: 3,053 Hit Count: 265 Published: November 19, 2017

2. 02 Biology and Zoology by Mistakes_and_Experiments - Likes: 5 Comments: 4 Word Count: 2,124 Hit Count: 114 Published: November 19, 2017

3. 03 Mundanity by Mistakes_and_Experiments - Likes: 4 Comments: 4 Word Count: 1,205 Hit Count: 76 Published: November 19, 2017

4. 04 That Feeling of Impending Doom by Mistakes_and_Experiments - Likes: 4 Comments: 4 Word Count: 2,770 Hit Count: 76 Published: November 19, 2017

5. 05 Cat Out of the Bag by Mistakes_and_Experiments - Likes: 4 Comments: 4 Word Count: 3,088 Hit Count: 71 Published: November 19, 2017

6. 06 Fallout by Mistakes_and_Experiments - Likes: 3 Comments: 3 Word Count: 1,661 Hit Count: 76 Published: November 19, 2017

7. 07 Curse Dealings by Mistakes_and_Experiments - Likes: 3 Comments: 3 Word Count: 3,959 Hit Count: 85 Published: November 19, 2017

8. 08 The More Things Change by Mistakes_and_Experiments - Likes: 4 Comments: 3 Word Count: 5,152 Hit Count: 75 Published: November 19, 2017

Wow, so many reviews in so little time! I'm floored guys. I might not get around to reply to all of them right now, but I'm definitely working on it. In the meantime, I'm uploading some chapters.

9. 09 Daily Life and Dating Attempts by Mistakes_and_Experiments - Likes: 7 Comments: 6 Word Count: 5,694 Hit Count: 107 Published: November 19, 2017