Summary: Buffy is a high school senior whose biggest problem is anxiety over quitting her competitive sport of twelve years. A tragedy makes Spike decide to quit being the Council's henchman after decades at their mercy. A truce has enabled humanity and demonkind to live in relative peace for over a century.
All of these things are about to change.
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: the_big_bad
Artists: Lady Emma
Categories: Alternate Reality
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Giles, Original Characters, Other
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, HEA/HFN, Slow-Burn
Warnings: Adult Language, Buffy/Other (Temp), Character Death, Violence
Event: Truce Challenge 2023
Completed: No Chapters: 1
Word count: 7,695 Hit Count: 178 ePub Downloads: 6
Published: October 24, 2023 Updated: October 24, 2023


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Story Notes: I was going to write a one shot for this event but then the theme was announced and my idea just would not have fit into a one shot. I'm considering this fic a kind of pilot for an AU start to BtVS (set in 2010) and might come back to play with it at a later date. This is however a cohesive story of its own. One that allows me to practice writing original characters again, which is an added perk I appreciate.
I tagged this slow burn because there are hints of a budding romance. But they are admittedly not the focus of this fic. Beware. Similarly, I added the HEA/HFN tag because the Spuffy arc ends in a good, friendshippy place, but they don’t get together (yet). The character death warning does not apply to Buffy or Spike. They live, don’t worry. 
Beta'd by the incredible the_big_bad.
Banner by the equally awesome Lady Emma.
Thank you thank you thank you to you both!!!
 
 
Disclaimer: The Buffyverse characters and settings belong to the people who invented them. I am just borrowing and twisting to fit my story needs. The plot and original characters are mine.

1. Runaway by simmony - Likes: 10 Comments: 5 Word Count: 7,695 Hit Count: 178 Published: October 24, 2023

Fun fact: I used to coach gymnastics and be part of this online forum that was made up of mostly American coaches and parents. I got to regurgitate everything I learned for this chapter.