Summary: Buffy and Spike have been married for years, with a warm family, loving children, and no desire to change, despite the fights Buffy has with her daughter Grace. Then a mysterious teenage vampire descends upon their town with a message of a new apocalypse looming. Now Spike and Buffy must travel through an alien and hostile world, full of vampires and monsters, looking for, of all characters, bloody Angel. They leave behind a rebellious teenage half-slayer and her friends, facing a Hellcrack and a murder. 
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: bewildered, ClowniestLivEver, inklesspen, The Danish Bird, trevino
Artists: Irandamay
Series: "Cracks"
Categories: Post-Series, Baby/Kid Fic
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Xander, Angel, Original Characters
Genres: Action/Adventure, Established Relationship, Mystery, Road Trip
Warnings: Adult Language, Blood Play, Buffy/Other (Temp), Sexual Situations, Spike/Other (Temp), Threesome(s)
Event: Road Trip Challenge 2022
Completed: No Chapters: 1
Word count: 5,356 Hit Count: 460 ePub Downloads: 15
Published: October 14, 2022 Updated: October 14, 2022


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Story Notes: Betaed by bewildered, and the helpful trevino. Banner by irandamay. Inspired by conversations with The Danish Bird. Sensitivity reads from inklesspen and ClowniestLivEver. Thank you all. 
 
This is a direct sequel to my story Child of Shadow. You can start this story without having read that first, but be prepared to be introduced to many original characters, and a richly established backstory. There are original characters, a uniquely shifted world, and an already established Spuffy. You may have noticed the Spuffy/Other tags, and of course the threesome tag, which will give some readers pause, but worry not, this established Spuffy is very, very established, and will not be shaken easily. This is a family story, about what growing up means, both for children and adults, and who it is you really care about. It’s also a road trip for one, and a murder mystery for another. If that’s what you’re looking for, then you’re in the right place. 
 
Quick recap of the important bits of Child of Shadow for anyone who doesn’t want to read that first, or who can’t remember. All of this will be included in the text, but cheat sheets are nice:
-Angel’s fight with W&H has created an instability in the world, which has “cracked” and easily opened it up for various demon life to come through, resulting in demons now being fully integrated with human life.
-There are approximately a million Slayers now, and Buffy has “retired” to Eureka, California, a bit of a backwater where she manages a Hellcrack on her own. She has no desire to be Slayer General again. 
-Buffy and Spike married years ago. They went through a trial to get pregnant, resulting in their daughter Grace. They adopted a demon named Serenity, nicknamed “Seren,” shortly after Grace’s birth. Seren’s pronouns are it/its. 
-Xander married a demon refugee named Sandra, and the pair had Matthew and his siblings. 
-Oz has a werewolf daughter named Sonam whom Willow has helped raise. 
-Angel left with Drusilla to a world filled with vampires to escape his past. Willow sent him with a medallion he could “call home” with if he ever wanted to return. 
That’s all that matters. Enjoy! 
(I do not know how fast this story will be updated.)

1. Chapter 1 by Sigyn - Likes: 20 Comments: 15 Word Count: 5,356 Hit Count: 460 Published: October 14, 2022