Summary: Buffy’s the reason Spike’s miserable, the reason he’s in the chair, the reason Angelus is soulless and sleeping with Spike’s girlfriend. But at the moment, she’s also the only person he can really talk to. Shared unhappiness is bringing them closer, but is there anything more to it than that?
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Categories: Season 2, Alternate Reality, Seasonal Spuffy Entries
Characters: Angelus, Buffy, Drusilla, Spike
Genres: Angst, Dark, Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Warnings: Buffy/Other (Temp), Cheating/Infidelity, Spike/Other (Temp), Torture (Physical), Vampire!Buffy
Completed: No Chapters: 1
Word count: 8,436 Hit Count: 1,255 ePub Downloads: 43
Published: April 02, 2019 Updated: April 02, 2019


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Story Notes: Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Originally started for the Night and Day round of Seasonal Spuffy, but Part 1 was actually finished and posted for the Spring Equinox 2019 event of that same community.
Set in a reality that diverged sharply from canon during the events of "Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered," this story begins just over a week after that divergence.
This story is essentially darkfic and will go in some dark places before coming out the other side. But I will make sure to warn you guys if chapters have anything particularly dark, so the worst stuff should be skippable.

1. Part 1: Anywhere But Here by thewiggins - Likes: 17 Comments: 12 Word Count: 8,436 Hit Count: 1,255 Published: April 02, 2019

I've had this story somewhere in my mind for a while, but wasn't sure how much time I wanted to devote to a such a dark premise. I kinda hoped I could just carve out the bit I liked best of what I had so far and use it as a one-shot. But as soon I started writing, fresh ideas for the story as a whole started pouring in. Not to mention the fact that Seasonal Spuffy readers informed me it would be absolutely heartless to leave the story where I had it. Which means there will be more, but it will take a while considering that I currently only have a very rough outline of what's to come.

Beta'd by the wonderful thenewbuzwuzz. Any remaining errors are my own and probably came about during my obsessive tweaking. Constructive criticism is always welcomed.

Chapter Warnings: Casual ableism, referenced/implied suicidal ideation, referenced torture