Summary: "Have you asked yourself why you can't do it? Off me? It's not love. We both know that." 
"No matter what happens, no matter what you decide to do, I'm gonna love you until the end of time."
Buffy confesses her love for Spike in the basement moments before the Bringers capture him. While attempting to save Spike in the cave, she comes face to face with the nasty vamps The First resurrected. Spike pays the ultimate price for saving Buffy, and now she's left with the ultimate choice: let the fallen hero move on peacefully, or bring him back into a world where he may die again in the final battle? Nobody said it would be easy, they just promised it'd be worth it. One-shot on a Spuffy journey had Never Leave Me been told differently.
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Categories: Season 7, Episode Rewrite
Characters: Ensemble, Whistler
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluffy/Comedy, POV, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Character Death, Violence
Completed: Yes Chapters: 1
Word count: 6,177 Hit Count: 1,318 ePub Downloads: 59
Published: October 23, 2015 Updated: October 23, 2015


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Story Notes: I wrote this as an episode rewrite for "Never Leave Me", but then I ended it with the events following "Showtime". It's a nice one-shot. Probably could've done better, but hey, we can't all be perfect like Joss Whedon. Rated R for violence, sexual themes, and language.
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Chapter 1: How To Save A Life by -Ash- - Likes: 15 Comments: 11 Word Count: 6,177 Hit Count: 1,318 Published: October 23, 2015

I needed to clear my head from some writer's block, so I finished this one-shot I started a while back. This is told in Spike's POV, and is a recount of the basement scene in Never Leave Me and the ending of Showtime with an alertnate ending.

And I'm going to pretend that the quote at the beginning is not by Derek Shepherd in Grey's Anatomy, but instead, by Spike because well...it's fanfiction. :D

-The part in italics in the tail end of the story is still Spike's POV. He is subconsciously listening to what everyone is saying.