Summary: A Wishverse story in which Drusilla and Spike roll into Sunnydale just before the Master’s plant is scheduled to open. Spike isn’t sure why Dru insisted they drop everything to get to the Hellmouth right now, after declining to travel there before. She says the pixies and the stars are whispering loudly to her about change, which he hopes means they've guided her toward a cure for her guttering health. Of course, since this is Dru, anything is possible.

Written for the 2023 Elysian Fields Challenge Month.
 
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: JayeMaru
Categories: Wishverse, Episode Rewrite, Challenge Response
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Giles, Angel, Anya, Drusilla, Ensemble, The Master
Genres: Drama, HEA/HFN
Warnings: Character Death, Torture (Physical)
Challenges: The Wishverse (Author's Choice of Name)
Event: April Challenge 2023
Completed: No Chapters: 1
Word count: 2,503 Hit Count: 256 ePub Downloads: 5
Published: April 22, 2023 Updated: April 22, 2023


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Story Notes: This story is based on The Wishverse challenge by Mia Vaan. 
 
This story adjusts a few canon elements, including a couple from The Wish, on the assumption that whatever changed in Anyanka’s wish to cause Drusilla and Spike to appear may have also reshaped other aspects of their world. Since the story occupies the same dystopian vampire world as The Wish in Season 3, it’s rated R with warnings for character death and torture, just to be safe. However, all of those elements are in line with the events and character deaths in the original episode; the story is not more gory or dark than the episode.
 
The story’s banner is by me (my very first, yay!). The story is unbetaed so errors, typos, and such are all mine. It borrows scenes and dialogue from the BtVS Season 3 episode The Wish (and a handful of others) with the disclaimer below.
 
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Chapter 1: Drusilla Heard the Pixies by JayeMaru - Likes: 10 Comments: 7 Word Count: 2,503 Hit Count: 256 Published: April 22, 2023