Summary: What’s a vampire to do when he’s decided that the Slayer’s word is his law, but it’s all tangled with confusing human customs and expectations? Oh, and there’s that whole friends and family complication that’s never been part of the Slayer brochure. It’s not always a lark but it has its compensations. It’s also a good thing Spike’s always been a dab hand at adapting to whatever’s thrown his way. 
 
An Elysian Fields 2022 Secret Santa gift especially for humancorn.
 
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Series: The Realm of Law
Categories: Season 5, Alternate Reality
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Ensemble
Genres: Lighthearted
Warnings: None
Event: Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2022
Completed: Yes Chapters: 1
Word count: 13,804 Hit Count: 692 ePub Downloads: 20
Published: December 29, 2022 Updated: December 29, 2022


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Story Notes: This story reworks Season 5’s Triangle and Checkpoint in an alternative world where Spike acknowledged he cared for Buffy during The Replacement. That led him to be more helpful to her and the Scoobies than he was in the show. By Fool for Love, Buffy was willing to consider Spike as a friend (and perhaps more). Also, the Scoobies don’t know it yet, but Glory was accidentally exiled from our dimension over a month ago by a tricky bit of magic that Giles performed to deal with Ethan Rayne. They’re wondering why they haven’t seen the Groovetastic Demon of Bad Home Perms in a while.
 
The above action all occurred in my 2021 Mystery Challenge story, Law of Nature. But you totally don’t need to read that story first (or at all) to understand this one. 
 
This story proudly leverages the beautiful challenge banner created by MillennialCryBaby. It borrows plot elements and dialogue from Triangle and Checkpoint. Finally, it’s unbetaed so all errors are mine. 
 
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. The Law Can Be So Confusing by JayeMaru - Likes: 32 Comments: 11 Word Count: 13,804 Hit Count: 692 Published: December 29, 2022