Summary: A Slayer, an ensouled vampire, and enough unspoken words to fill every gash between them. 
~
part two of my "crush, by richard siken (a spuffy anthology)" series
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Series: crush, by richard siken (a spuffy anthology)
Categories: Season 6, Season 7
Characters: Buffy, Spike
Genres: Angst
Warnings: Attempted Rape
Completed: Yes Chapters: 1
Word count: 1,401 Hit Count: 499 ePub Downloads: 8
Published: February 11, 2022 Updated: February 11, 2022


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Story Notes: Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Warnings apply to mention/details of canon events.

1. 1/1 - dirty valentine by trevino - Likes: 12 Comments: 7 Word Count: 1,401 Hit Count: 499 Published: February 11, 2022

Author’s Note: 

Though I didn’t mention it at the time, one of my other fics, “we almost got it right” (a commission piece posted in late june of 2021), also draws inspiration from “Dirty Valentine” by Richard Siken, albeit less explicitly so, in order to fit the parameters of the reader’s request. If some of the lines seem like carbon copies from one of my other works, that’s because they are! This fic, published below, is how I originally planned to carry on my “Crush” anthology series, so I’m returning to my roots a bit for my first fic of 2022!

(There are, of course, many different directions that this poem could lead for Spike and Buffy, including a variety of missing-scene or one-shot stories within the season 6 timeline, but because it feels a bit more like a Valentine’s story in general— and not solely because of the poem’s title— I wanted to situate myself in season 7 for this one.)
As always, I hope you enjoy! Your comments, likes, and feedback mean the world to me.

Some quotes taken from s6e19 “Seeing Red” and s7e8 “Sleeper.” 
Disclaimer is located in the story notes for the series.