Past Featured Story
Summary: “You came back wrong,” he told her, all those years ago. He was right, but it took them a very long time to realise exactly what that meant. It meant a hundred more apocalypses, a thousand battles. It meant a journey, a prophecy, a war. They’d lose one other, and find their way back, and choose, again and again. And all the while, the earth was failing.
 
There are a lot more people than you think who are here for the long haul – like, the really long haul. This is a story about two of them.
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Categories: Post-Series, Crossover (AtS), Canon-Compliant, Vignettes
Characters: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fighting, Prophecy, Romance
Warnings: Character Death
Completed: Yes Chapters: 3
Word count: 23,442 Hit Count: 4,942 ePub Downloads: 129
Published: February 27, 2021 Updated: March 06, 2021


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

View All Chapters

Story Notes: This is, in a lot of ways, a love letter to fanfic, and to what I found here when I joined this world last year. This probably shouldn't be your first fanfic, and assumes familiarity with at least the events of AtS S5.
 
It is, however, my first fanfic – at least on this side of the keyboard – and my first piece of fictional writing of any kind, so I'd really appreciate your thoughts and comments!
 
My beta reader was NellinHell, and I honestly cannot thank her enough for her incredibly focused editing, for her phenomenal energy and support, and for putting me in pronoun jail pretty much constantly. What an incredible editor - this story is hers as well as mine. Thanks also to otherthandead for the final read.
 
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Chapter 1 by toooldforthis - Likes: 55 Comments: 34 Word Count: 4,693 Hit Count: 2,777 Published: February 27, 2021

This story is already complete at 3 chapters and 24k words. I'll be uploading the next two chapters at 3-day intervals, and they're quite a bit longer than the first. We're just getting started here...

With all the love to NellinHell for the editing.


 

Updated to add that user mcgnagallsarmy has made a wonderful fan mix for my currently completed fics World Enough, and Time and Circles - the first nine tracks relate to this fic, three a chapter. You can check it out here, it's fantastic!

2. Chapter 2 by toooldforthis - Likes: 37 Comments: 14 Word Count: 6,231 Hit Count: 1,082 Published: March 02, 2021

Thank you so much for your kind comments on Chapter 1 - as I've said before, this is the first thing I have ever written, so your comments are incredibly meaningful! I'm already noodling on a follow-up.

Our story will end with the final chapter in 3 days' time.

Again, with all the love to NellinHell, who is a truly incredible editor and supporter.

3. Chapter 3 by toooldforthis - Likes: 56 Comments: 45 Word Count: 12,518 Hit Count: 1,083 Published: March 06, 2021

So that's where all the words went!

This is the final part of their story - I hope you enjoy it. Thank you for your kind comments so far, they've meant so much to me.

Again, with love to NellinHell, without whose kindness, support and encouragement this would still be a half-page of ideas jotted down during a boring meeting. A truly excellent editor.