Past Featured Story
Summary: Post-Series. After a disastrous date, Buffy goes patrolling as a means of distracting herself when her Slayer senses pick up on a vampire that seems to be watching her. 
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: simmony
Series: Canon-compliant
Categories: Post-Series, Canon-Compliant
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Original Characters
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fighting, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Completed: Yes Chapters: 3
Word count: 18,530 Hit Count: 5,608 ePub Downloads: 112
Published: July 29, 2020 Updated: September 17, 2020


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

View All Chapters

Story Notes: NOTE: Edited on 01/14/2024 to iron out some kinds and for better legibility according to English language fiction punctuation.
This was my very first work of fan fiction. I tried to stay true to that as I went through my edits. I think growth as a writer is beautiful and did not wish to erase that via my edits. That being said, I hope they make this story easier to read. (They certainly make it less of a wagging index finger in the back of my writerly mind, reminding me I was going to fix some mistakes, lol.)
Unbeta'ed.
Banner by me.
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. whose name was writ in water by simmony - Likes: 49 Comments: 19 Word Count: 5,366 Hit Count: 2,659 Published: July 29, 2020

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Post Chosen/NFA – October 7th 2005, Buffy is 24 years old.

This story assumes that both Angel and Spike survived the LA apocalypse and parted ways sometime afterwards. Andrew kept his mouth shut so Buffy doesn't know that Spike is alive. I'm playing with the comic canon that the “Buffy” in The Girl in Question was a decoy but go AU after that with Buffy eventually moving to Rome, which is where she lives when this story takes place. I've only read the first comic and found it mostly strange, so this is otherwise not comic-compliant.

This is my first foray into fan fiction (I usually write my own stuff) and phew, Spike's voice is hard to capture. Kudos to those who had to write his lines for the show. 

Feedback is always appreciated.

2. not in lone splendour hung aloft the night by simmony - Likes: 32 Comments: 12 Word Count: 6,612 Hit Count: 1,579 Published: September 03, 2020

3. by such dreaming high is nearest unto heaven by simmony - Likes: 50 Comments: 25 Word Count: 6,552 Hit Count: 1,370 Published: September 17, 2020