Summary:  
This fic is set in the verse (series) I (unintentionally) started with Things That Go Bump in the Night. By now, in addition to the original long fic, there are lots of ficlets documenting Spike and Buffy’s early years together (thanks to Schmoop Bingo). All you really need to know about that verse, is that quite a few years after Chosen and NFA, and after the aforementioned long fic, Spike is now fully human but has the same slayer powers as Buffy. This ficlet is set many, many years in the future, when their family has grown and now includes grandchildren. The title is one of Spike’s lines from the show – probably Season Five.
 *added warning - while there are no warnings selected, this ending is ambiguous, but implies that Spike and Buffy are going to die.  They're quite old, have had long interesting lives, and will probably take a substantial number of evil beings with them if/when they go. So, I don't see that as an unhappy ending to a life well-lived, and I don't show them actually losing the fight, so....
 
Summary: Spike and Buffy wonder if they’ve become too old to be effective slayers. Turns out they get a chance to find out... 
Disclaimer: Not my characters and no money is being made off them.
Thanks: to gillo who offered to look this over for me before it went up, and as always, improved it greatly. Any mistakes left are due to my tinkering and/or ignoring her good advice. J
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Series: The Bumpverse Series
Categories: Post-Series, Alternate Reality, Seasonal Spuffy Entries
Characters: Buffy, Dawn, Original Characters, Spike
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst
Warnings: None
Completed: Yes Chapters: 1
Word count: 2,807 Hit Count: 1,351 ePub Downloads: 88
Published: April 08, 2016 Updated: April 08, 2016


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

1. Always Knew I'd Go Down Fightin' by slaymesoftly - Likes: 24 Comments: 13 Word Count: 2,807 Hit Count: 1,351 Published: April 08, 2016

Warning: Implied character death, but we don't know that for absolute sure and we don't see it, so.... If you don't want to even think about it, don't read this.  If you can handle that death is a part of life, then enjoy the story.