Summary: A sequel of sorts to Things That Go Bump in the Night, Buffy and Spike have adjusted to his new status and are adding to their family soon.  What could possibly go wrong?
 
 
Part of what turned out to be a very long series that includes the original story, this one, Misc Bumpverse Schmoop, and Always Knew I'd Go Down Fighting.
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Series: The Bumpverse Series
Categories: Post-Series, Baby/Kid Fic, Holiday Fic
Characters: Buffy, Dawn, Ensemble, Faith Lehane, Spike, Willow, Xander
Genres: Established Relationship
Warnings: Violence
Completed: Yes Chapters: 1
Word count: 14,302 Hit Count: 2,697 ePub Downloads: 117
Published: April 07, 2016 Updated: April 07, 2016


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Story Notes: Written for Noel of Spike  12/22/08
Set in the future of my fic “Things That Go Bump in the Night”. It’s not really necessary that you read that fic. However, it begins with a fairly detailed summary, so if you haven’t read the prequel, and don’t want to be spoiled, I suggest you skip the summary.
 
 Summary of TTGB: Suffice it to say that Spike died in battle at the end of NFA, but as a punishment for going against W & H, his ghost was forced to haunt a house he had owned since before he became a vampire. The PTB had stepped in to insist that the punishment not involve physical torture, and that there be a loophole that could, conceivably, allow Spike to be free to move on to the next plane of his existence someday.  The ghost has no memories of anything before his arrival in the house. Long story short, Buffy finds him, realizes who the ghost is, they become a couple, he gets his memories back, they have a few months of being even more of a couple and then he vanishes – having moved on to the next plane of existence. He’s not happy there. There’s no Buffy and it’s boring. After several months, the PTB send him back as a human, but with slayer powers so that he can be useful in the fight against evil. This story is set eight months after his surprise return from the dead and gone.
 

1. Chapters One through Five by slaymesoftly - Likes: 26 Comments: 9 Word Count: 14,302 Hit Count: 2,697 Published: April 07, 2016