Summary: Time Travel fic begins twenty years after NFA then returns to BtVS S4. Dawn meets someone from her distant past that may hold the answer to how she could be the ‘key’ to setting events on a better and happier course for those she loves the most. Can she make enough changes to keep tragedy from taking so many loved ones away before their time and those who survive live less than full lives?
No comic events involved in this story. Prompted by this story request during the Spikeslovebite/Kain auction: “I’d like to see another time-travel Spuffy story!  However, unlike most time-travel stories where it’s Spike or Buffy themselves that go back to fix things, I’d like to see Dawn be the one.  In a post-Chosen, post-NFA future that is not comic compliant and in which both Spike and Buffy are dead (the circumstances are entirely up to you, but they were not together and not happy), Dawn explores her latent powers and discovers that she can not only travel between dimensions but also in time.  She decides to go back (how far back is up to you) and sort out Spike & Buffy so they won’t die miserable and apart.  Maybe she also helps her younger self come to terms with being The Key and what that means, if applicable?  I don’t mind who writes it, but would prefer for it to be long-ish so the Spuffy can develop slowly rather than fall-into-each-others-arms-at-the-drop-of-a-hat scenario.  The only thing I’m adamant about really is that the chip either never gets put in or it comes out asap, allowing for Spike to *choose* to change rather than be forced to.”
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: scarlett2u
Artists: None
Categories: Season 4, Post-Series, Time Travel
Characters: None
Genres: Drama
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Completed: No Chapters: 3
Word count: 7,576 Hit Count: 2,252 ePub Downloads: 50
Published: March 23, 2016 Updated: March 23, 2016


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

View All Chapters

Story Notes: Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.
Occasional bits of dialogue from the televised series will be used from a variety of episodes of BtVS and all said dialog is the property of the original various authors, Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy et al.
A/N The word in the subtitle, Napravení, is Czech for rectification or reclamation

1. Chapter 1 by pfeifferpack - Likes: 8 Comments: 4 Word Count: 2,918 Hit Count: 1,004 Published: March 23, 2016

2. Chapter 2 by pfeifferpack - Likes: 5 Comments: 3 Word Count: 2,780 Hit Count: 622 Published: March 23, 2016

3. Chapter 3 by pfeifferpack - Likes: 17 Comments: 12 Word Count: 1,878 Hit Count: 626 Published: March 23, 2016