Past Featured Story
Summary: William Pratt is the newest professor of British Romantic Poetry at Oxford. He is quite content with his quiet academic life until he meets Buffy Summers, a captivating, enigmatic and beautiful American. His idyllic scholarly existence may not be as it seems and somehow he knows it has to do with her.

*Post Season 8 -- with liberal changes*
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Categories: Season 8 (Comic), Post-Series, Alternate Reality
Characters: Andrew Wells, Angel, Buffy, Dawn, Drusilla, Faith Lehane, Original Characters, Spike, William, Xander
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluffy/Comedy, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Character Death, Sexual Situations, Violence
Completed: No Chapters: 11
Word count: 59,882 Hit Count: 20,079 ePub Downloads: 127
Published: January 07, 2013 Updated: June 26, 2013


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

View All Chapters

1. Love by abstracted - Likes: 14 Comments: 20 Word Count: 2,851 Hit Count: 3,330 Published: January 06, 2013

Hi! This is a result of all my attempt to get past the writer's block on my other stories, which still are suffering from it. It's very releasing to be able to force myself to write something other than those...other ones. Blegh. Anyways, please enjoy!

2. Delusions by abstracted - Likes: 13 Comments: 12 Word Count: 5,958 Hit Count: 1,724 Published: January 08, 2013
Thanks everyone for your lovely words and for reading! Here is the second installment, a little darkness before the good (so, yes, a little bit angsty here).

Thanks for reading!

3. Illusions by abstracted - Likes: 11 Comments: 11 Word Count: 6,735 Hit Count: 1,776 Published: February 01, 2013
Sorry for the long wait. I keep having computer issues, and I just ended getting a new laptop. So I predict no more computer issues from here on out!

But thank you everyone for reading! I really appreciate your time, as well as the sweet words some of you have left me! I really enjoy reading the comments! This chapter is sort of long and kind of slow and still a little angsty, but hopefully it's the start of something less moping and more happy Spuffy stuff.

*Season 8 Notes*
For those who haven't read season 8 comics, the Slayer and the Vampire world has been sort of revealed to the general public. Our lovely Harmony has a reality TV show called Harmony Bites, which made vampires look sympathetic and gave Slayers a bad image. Meanwhile, Twangel's plots and Simone's (a Slayer) craziness made Slayers very unpopular and the general public seemed to think they are a terrorist organization (and Buffy is the leader!). The destruction at the end of Season 8 sort of didn't help the matter either.

Anyways, I kept that story line going as well.

4. Soul by abstracted - Likes: 16 Comments: 13 Word Count: 4,845 Hit Count: 1,729 Published: February 09, 2013
Thank you so much for everyone who stopped by and took time to read, and for commenting as well! It encourages me to write, gets me pumped up not only for this story but the others I'm sort of stuck on as well!

This chapter is more a transition chapter than anything else. I apologize for the multiple phone conversations happening. Next chapter we have a bit more Spuffy fluffiness, as well as some poetry, music,some plot-worthy stuff and whooole lot of less angst.

Anyways, thanks for continuing to read again!

*Season 8 Notes*
Not much here. Twilight-possessed Angel (I think) snaps Giles's neck in the same way Angelus snapped Jenny Calendar's (yay for parallels!) because Giles was trying to stop Angel from destroying the world because he realized Buffy didn't have the heart to kill Angel(more parallels!). In my version though, Spike is also dusted by Angel, and the exact details will be revealed slowly and later.

5. Nightmare by abstracted - Likes: 6 Comments: 8 Word Count: 4,269 Hit Count: 1,828 Published: February 24, 2013

Super glad the EF is up again! I missed it!
This chapter got a little longer than usual so I split it. The next chapter will be up in a few days/end of the week.

Anyways, thanks so much for all of your support! And thanks for my first featuring (that's what the little red ribbon thing means right?)! That was kind of cool too see! I'm honestly surprised that people like this story as much as they do, but not complaining here!

This is a fluffy transition chapter more or less with *some* angst.

6. Stay by abstracted - Likes: 8 Comments: 10 Word Count: 4,732 Hit Count: 1,778 Published: March 19, 2013

Sorry for the long wait. Had a particularly trying few weeks! 

Thank you everyone for your support and kind words. This chapter is more or less fluffy, and I've discovered I am really not good at writing happy, fluffy romance-y stuff. But, practice makes perfect, right? Also, changed some stuff up here and there so...yeah, onto the story!

Also, William is proving difficult to write, especially since I have to change him into a 21st century William. Like Buffy, I miss Spike. I hope to see him soon. 

7. Thief by abstracted - Likes: 4 Comments: 6 Word Count: 9,390 Hit Count: 1,814 Published: April 04, 2013

Please excuse my attempt at poetry. I haven't written anything since I was in high school. I figured William wasn't that great of a poet anyways so it sort of works.

Fun (maybe) fact: I've written enough poems as 'William Pratt' that I can actually have him publish a 'The Collected Poems of William Pratt, Vol 1'

Yay, longer chapter! This was in danger of being split too, but I thought it would read better not. 

Thank you everyone for your continued support!

______________________________

*Season 8/9 Notes*

The Seed of Wonder was the source of all magic in the world. According to Spike, it is the like the "soul" of that universe/world/etc. The newly created dimension Twilight needed that magic, that soul, so it tries to steal it. In the process, lots of demons started to spill onto earth from other dimensions. In order to stop Twilight, Buffy was forced to destroy the seed, thus ridding the world of magic and, frighteningly, destroying the soul of the world. (Think that's about right. I read through it quickly and haven't touched it again since.)

I am taking my own liberties and story line with the Seed, but I do borrow as I need from the comics. *shrug* Creative license and all, right?

Also, for those who follow season 9: Anaheed is a Slayer! She would have been perfect in Mads's role and I wouldn't have had to build a new character! :T 

8. Try by abstracted - Likes: 8 Comments: 8 Word Count: 5,570 Hit Count: 1,632 Published: April 13, 2013

Hi guys, thanks for reading! This story originally had 21 chapters planned, but it looks like it's going to be more 30 now! Wow, in its first incarnation, it was less than 10 chapters planned.

__________________________________

*Season 8 Notes* (SPOILERS)

So Severin has the ability to suck out magical powers and essence from others. He will suck vampire demons out and leave only the dead body. He can suck, as you saw in the last chapter, Slayer essences as well. Demons don't like this guy. In the comics, he even bested Illyria! 

Also, if something season 8 comes up and I don't explain, please feel free to ask. Sometimes I forget to explain it.

I am really veering off from the comics at this point, even if I still borrow a lot of elements. That's the wonder of fanfiction, no? :D


9. The Party, Part 1 by abstracted - Likes: 9 Comments: 16 Word Count: 5,808 Hit Count: 1,492 Published: April 23, 2013

Hello! Thanks everyone who is reading and enjoying! The best that a fanfic writer could hope for!
I based the title of this story off of a Bat for Lashes song; I listen to her mainly when I write. I saw her live at Coachella this past weekend and I found myself thinking about Spuffy and this story a lot! Hah. The power of associations.

Anyways, I hope everyone enjoys this chapter! It goes by quickly and introduces a whole lot of new characters so please be patient. Hopefully, the payoff will be good.

No Season 8 notes needed. 

10. The Party, Part 2 by abstracted - Likes: 11 Comments: 13 Word Count: 5,536 Hit Count: 1,515 Published: April 29, 2013

Hey, thanks everyone for reading/commenting! I will reply to everyone's review once I get a bit more free time. 

Here is the next chapter!

____________________________________

*Season 8 Notes*

I don't think Simone met Spike before season 9, but let's just pretend she has seen/interacted/heard of him in season 8. Besides, the Slayers know of Spike, so it wouldn't be too much of a  stretch that Simone would too.

For those who don't know, Simone is a Slayer who thinks all Slayers should pretty much seize power and that Slayers are better than non-Slayers (think season 3 Faith). She wants to use guns and hates that the Slayers rejects them. She especially hates Buffy Summers. 

11. Instincts by abstracted - Likes: 12 Comments: 14 Word Count: 4,188 Hit Count: 1,460 Published: June 26, 2013

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry for really long delay. I had my desire to write dry up. That has never happened before. When I get "writer's block" it's a burning anger at my own perceived incompetence to create something I didn't hate. This time I just didn't want to write. I looked at Buffy and Spike and didn't feel any desire to engage their characters. It was very sad.

But here is the first attempt after that awful dry spell. I'm sorry this is all William and Mads. The next chapter is Buffy and William heavy with some real Spuffy interaction.