Past Featured Story
Summary: Buffy is wondering if Riley is really the one. Willow decides to help out and... well, doesn't. Instead she accidentally puts Buffy under a sleeping curse that can only be broken by a kiss from her soulmate. 
 
This is my (sort of) response to the Sleeping Beauty challenge by knightowl, contributed for the first EF Challenge Month, written in an experimental style.
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Categories: Season 5, Challenge Response
Characters: Anya, Buffy, Dawn, Giles, Riley Finn, Spike, Tara, Willow, Xander
Genres: Fluffy/Comedy, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: Sleeping beauty.
Event: 2015 Challenge Month
Completed: Yes Chapters: 4
Word count: 4,683 Hit Count: 16,767 ePub Downloads: 240
Published: October 28, 2015 Updated: January 28, 2016


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

View All Chapters

Story Notes: Challenge: Sleeping beauty. by knightowl
Story Title: Agony Part II from Into The Woods 
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Act One, Scene One: In Which Willow Attempts To Help Buffy With Her Relationship Problems And... Kinda Succeeds? by SoaringClaws - Likes: 44 Comments: 28 Word Count: 1,255 Hit Count: 7,446 Published: October 28, 2015

Soo.... I kind of went crazy with this piece. I've been stressed with school and have not written on any of my other stories because I felt like I should be doing homework or studying every spare minute. Which naturally leads to me reading really short fics and aimlessly internet surfing *eye roll*. But this is my long neglected theater kid insides breaking out to try something new and simultaneously fill my desire to participate in Challenge Month. I kind of stuck to the prompt, but it was used more for inspiration than a rigid guideline. I just can't character bash, I love them all too much (yes, even stupid Riley and stupid Angel. They're part of my beloved BTVS and so they will be loved dammit! Not Warren though, he can burn in a thousand fires). So I twisted a few things around and spat out a play. Umm.. Sorry, not sorry. The bonus is that it's super fast to write.

The title is from Agony Part II from Into The Woods, which is a staple in my house and hilarious. I couldn't get the song out of my head as I was writing a sleeping beauty story. "High in a tower, like yours was but higher, a beauty asleep. All 'round the tower, a thicket of briar, a hundred feet deep!"

2. Act One, Scene Two: In Which The Scoobies Panic and A Lurker Listens In by SoaringClaws - Likes: 46 Comments: 25 Word Count: 1,123 Hit Count: 3,175 Published: October 29, 2015

Well, here's a new chapter already. I've been kind of flying through it. Hope everyone is enjoying! I'll probably distract myself from writing for a bit to make a banner and, you know, do homework and stuff. But I'll try to keep my update speed going.

Thank you for the great reviews! I'm glad there are a lot of fellow theater nerds out there. =D And yes, I am Anya. Like, 100%.

3. Act Two, Scene One: In Which Buffy's Soulmate Proves Elusive by SoaringClaws - Likes: 42 Comments: 24 Word Count: 1,000 Hit Count: 3,061 Published: November 11, 2015

I'm so glad to have a little time to finish this scene! Thanks for all of the encouragement via likes and reviews. It's been awesome to have so much support for this fic. We're getting close to the end. I'm predicting one more long scene, but we shall see.

4. Act Two, Scene Two: In Which The Playing Field Changes and a New Competitor Wins It All by SoaringClaws - Likes: 73 Comments: 44 Word Count: 1,305 Hit Count: 3,085 Published: January 28, 2016

Wooh! Another story done! I've been aching to finish this but putting it off in favor of other projects, so I was so glad to get the chance to work on it while visiting a friend out of town. Thank you all for your support on this story. It was a definite experiment and although it's nothing fancy, I'm pretty pleased with how it came out. 

Enjoy the final chapter! Thanks for sticking with me.

P.S. The new text box makes my life infinitely easier. Thanks, Susan!