Past Featured Story
Summary: They're so near and yet so far away.
 
A post-series reunion oneshot.
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Categories: Post-Series, Crossover (AtS), Canon-Compliant, Vignettes
Characters: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, HEA/HFN, Romance
Warnings: None
Completed: Yes Chapters: 1
Word count: 5,584 Hit Count: 1,494 ePub Downloads: 35
Published: June 05, 2021 Updated: June 05, 2021


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Story Notes: With love, as always, to my editor NellInHell, whose friendship has been the greatest and most surprising gift of fandom. I did not have to send her to horny jail even once in this one.
 
And shout-out to the EF Facebook sprinters, especially lex_hex and The Danish Bird.

 
All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. circles by toooldforthis - Likes: 55 Comments: 27 Word Count: 5,584 Hit Count: 1,494 Published: June 05, 2021

I never meant to write this at all! I'm eight (long) chapters in to a very different kind of fic right now that I can't wait to show you once it's finished. But I found I kept thinking about the central idea of this little fic, and about reunions, and that there were a few ideas from World Enough, and Time that I wasn't finished with yet. You can almost read this as a 'next time' to World Enough, if you want, although it's completely standalone. That's just how it is in my head.

Updated to add that user mcgnagallsarmy has made a wonderful fan mix for my currently completed fics World Enough, and Time and Circles - the final track relates to this fic. You can check it out here, it's fantastic!

The illustration that accompanies this fic is my original work. You can find more of my Spuffy drawings on my tumblr. I do not allow my drawings to be replicated without written permission.