In a dystopian future, the Senior Partners sent a horde of demons to overrun Angel and his crew, and the Senior Partners won. Buffy and her friends are on the hunt for something to save the world, and on one mission, Buffy finds something belonging to someone she never thought she’d see again. After all, he lit up in the Sunnydale hellmouth, saving the world from a different source of evil.
Written for the Elysian Fields Challenge Month and Dusty’s beautiful “Glow” banner. She wanted Spike gushing about how Buffy glows…well, there will be gushing in various forms. It just might take a little time to get there. I have lots of plans for glowing.
Disclaimer: I own nothing. Joss owns all.
, Alternate Reality
, Challenge Response
Characters: Andrew Wells
, Charles Gunn
, Faith Lehane
, Mr. Gordo
, Original Characters
, Hurt/ComfortWarnings: Adult Language
, Mental Health Issues
, Sexual Situations
16,336 Hit Count:
1,659 ePub Downloads:
April 27, 2021 Updated:
June 13, 2021
Print or Download Story:
View All Chapters
1. Chapter One by sandy_s - Likes: 20 Comments: 12 Word Count: 3,195 Hit Count: 690 Published: April 27, 2021
I've been really wanting to write another dystopian fic, and in the last one I wrote (also ironically for a reverse banner challenge), the Senior Partners won and everything was dark, but I wanted it to feel more real...not that the other one doesn't. I still like it, but I dunno. I wanted to do it better and with much more Spike (last one was all Buffy POV).
I'll be honest...a lot of what we're going through right now with the pandemic is inspiring some of this, too.
Title comes from the song "Glow" sun by Ella Henderson.
Dusty's banner was very inspiring and I was so incredibly excited to nab hers. :o)
Ahhh...I'm always so nervous to start something new! Hope you enjoy it. I have four chapters written so far.
2. Chapter Two by sandy_s - Likes: 15 Comments: 9 Word Count: 3,434 Hit Count: 285 Published: May 08, 2021
Apologies if Dawn's translation in this chapter is inaccurate. I blame Google. ;o) Thank you for all the love of the new story so far! *hugs*
3. Chapter Three by sandy_s - Likes: 14 Comments: 8 Word Count: 2,963 Hit Count: 238 Published: May 18, 2021
4. Chapter Four by sandy_s - Likes: 18 Comments: 9 Word Count: 3,877 Hit Count: 259 Published: May 30, 2021
5. Chapter Five by sandy_s - Likes: 13 Comments: 6 Word Count: 2,867 Hit Count: 184 Published: June 13, 2021