Summary: Vampires are supposed to dust, not leave an unnaturally still, empty shell behind after stepping in front of their mortal enemy to save their lives during an attack. A confusing funeral later and Buffy has to come to terms with having lost a lover she would never have called a lover or told her friends about, and the one person who made living bearable after being ripped out of heaven. Life crushes her even harder and she struggles to exist at all. Her only moments of escape are dreams that make it impossible to believe that Spike is truly gone.
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Categories: Season 6
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Anya, Dawn, Tara, Willow, Xander
Genres: Angst, Dark, Drama, Horror, Hurt/Comfort, Mystery, Resurrection, Romance, Tragedy
Warnings: Adult Language, Character Death, Mental Health Issues, Sexual Situations, Violence
Completed: No Chapters: 4
Word count: 6,624 Hit Count: 3,392 ePub Downloads: 16
Published: March 07, 2021 Updated: January 24, 2023


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

View All Chapters

1. Chapter 1 by TwilightChild - Likes: 25 Comments: 13 Word Count: 2,009 Hit Count: 1,252 Published: March 07, 2021

I've noticed that I might not actually be the type of person to focus on one story at a time. In the past working on multiple stories helped me make progress on all of them, so I'm hoping if I indulge my need to start a new one it will spur some of my works in progress forward as well.

Wish me luck.

This is a darker/angsty fic. It takes place during season 6 shortly after Riley leaves town and Buffy ends her relationship with Spike.

As always I want to thank my wonderful friend and Beta reader, Pfeifferpack.

2. Chapter 2 by TwilightChild - Likes: 15 Comments: 8 Word Count: 1,397 Hit Count: 847 Published: June 29, 2021

A thousand thank yous to my awesome beta reader and friend Pfeifferpack.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

***

3. Chapter 3 by TwilightChild - Likes: 15 Comments: 7 Word Count: 1,912 Hit Count: 708 Published: December 08, 2022

Thank you for your patience.

Disclaimer: Buffy the Vampire Slayer and its characters are not my creation and do not belong to me. I make no money from coming up with fan-fictional stories.

 

Content warnings: Violence, lots of cussing, and angst.

4. Chapter 4 by TwilightChild - Likes: 16 Comments: 7 Word Count: 1,306 Hit Count: 585 Published: January 24, 2023

Thank you so much to my new beta, KittyFantastico! Also a big thanks to Axell for the beautiful new banner. ^_^ 

 

Disclaimer: BTVS and all its related characters are not my creation. I make no money for messing with their lives.