Summary: Joyce is stuck in the hospital with a hole in her skull – stupid brain tumor – and it’s nearly Christmas. What’s a mother to do other than turn to one peroxided vampire for help making the season shiny and bright for her daughters? A fun, snarky, fast-moving (as far as Buffy's attitude toward Spike goes) feel-good short story for the holidays.
 
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Categories: Season 5, Holiday Fic
Characters: Buffy, Dawn, Joyce, Spike
Genres: Fluffy/Comedy, HEA/HFN, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Lighthearted, Romance, Slow-Burn
Warnings: Adult Language
Completed: Yes Chapters: 10
Word count: 22,295 Hit Count: 5,574 ePub Downloads: 95
Published: December 08, 2020 Updated: December 24, 2020


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

View All Chapters

Story Notes: Begins in Season 5 after Into the Woods but before Joyce is released from the hospital. Story is complete and will be fully posted before Christmas. 
Thanks so much to Holi117 and PaganBaby for their beta assistance, suggestions, and ever-needed positive feedback! Any mistakes are mine because of all the last-minute fiddling. Thanks also to sandy_s for suggesting I take this drabble (it's under 15k words) that was originally posted as a single chapter in the the Exquisite Corpse Challenge for 2020 and turn it into it's own story.
Beautiful banner by the magnificent PaganBaby
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Not-enough-ness by Passion4Spike - Likes: 28 Comments: 12 Word Count: 1,487 Hit Count: 1,433 Published: December 08, 2020

Happy Holidays, everyone! Hope you enjoy this light-hearted little fic! If you've read 2020's Exquisite Corpse Challenge story, this story was one chapter of it. I'm breaking it down into small, bite-sized chapters for posting here. It is complete and will be finished posting well before Christmas. Thank you for reading!!

2. Slayer-Colored Glasses by Passion4Spike - Likes: 26 Comments: 8 Word Count: 1,329 Hit Count: 475 Published: December 10, 2020

Thank you for reading! I hope you're enjoying this little story (perhaps again, if you read it as a single chapter in the 2020 EC challenge). Still looking for a Christmas Miracle to hit Buffy over the head ...

Thanks always to Holi117 and Paganbaby -- two wonderful friends and awesome writers -- who beta'd this for me -- before I fiddled. All mistakes are mine. 

3. Size Matters by Passion4Spike - Likes: 28 Comments: 13 Word Count: 2,426 Hit Count: 457 Published: December 12, 2020

Thank you for reading! I hope you're enjoying this little story (perhaps again, if you read it as a single chapter in the 2020 EC challenge). That Christmas Miracle might be creeping closer, sneaking up on Buffy.

Thanks always to Holi117 and Paganbaby -- two wonderful friends and awesome writers -- who beta'd this for me -- before I fiddled. All mistakes are mine. 

4. Superheroes by Passion4Spike - Likes: 22 Comments: 10 Word Count: 2,116 Hit Count: 452 Published: December 14, 2020

Thank you for reading! I hope you're enjoying this little story (perhaps again, if you read it as a single chapter in the 2020 EC challenge). That Christmas Miracle keeps creeping closer, trying to sneak up on Buffy.

Thanks always to Holi117 and Paganbaby -- two wonderful friends and awesome writers -- who beta'd this for me -- before I fiddled. All mistakes are mine. 

 

5. Star by Passion4Spike - Likes: 22 Comments: 10 Word Count: 1,924 Hit Count: 471 Published: December 16, 2020

Thank you so much for reading! I appreciate every one of you! Knowing the story is being enjoyed is like Hersey's Kisses for my muse.

 

6. So Screwed by Passion4Spike - Likes: 24 Comments: 9 Word Count: 2,331 Hit Count: 451 Published: December 18, 2020

Thank you so much for reading! I appreciate every one of you! Knowing the story is being enjoyed is like Christmas Cookies for my muse.

Thanks to PaganBaby and  Holi117 for their beta assistance, though I've fiddled so much it's hardly the same chapter they originally looked at, so, of course, all errors are mine. LMK if you spot one and I'll fix it!

7. Superheroes With Brandy by Passion4Spike - Likes: 22 Comments: 9 Word Count: 2,890 Hit Count: 425 Published: December 20, 2020

Thank you so much for reading! I appreciate every one of you! Knowing the story is being enjoyed is like egg nog for my muse, with brandy, of course!

Thanks to PaganBaby and  Holi117 for their beta assistance, though I've fiddled so much it's hardly the same chapter they originally looked at, so, of course, all errors are mine. LMK if you spot one and I'll fix it

8. Pumpkin by Passion4Spike - Likes: 22 Comments: 7 Word Count: 3,301 Hit Count: 440 Published: December 22, 2020

Happy Holidays, everyone! I have a special gift for you all this wonderful day -- a Cameo message from James Marsters to all of the wonderful people here at Elysian Fields. Click here to view it!   (Seriously, do it! You will not regret it!)

9. Santa Baby by Passion4Spike - Likes: 21 Comments: 5 Word Count: 2,021 Hit Count: 469 Published: December 23, 2020

Thank you so much for reading! I appreciate every one of you! Knowing the story is being enjoyed is like hot chocolate for my muse ... with lots of those little marshmallows! We're down to the last couple of chapters now.

Thanks to PaganBaby and  Holi117 for their beta assistance, though I've fiddled so much it's hardly the same chapter they originally looked at, so, of course, all errors are mine. LMK if you spot one and I'll fix it!

10. Mythical Creatures by Passion4Spike - Likes: 36 Comments: 14 Word Count: 2,470 Hit Count: 500 Published: December 24, 2020

This is it, everyone! I hope you've enjoyed this little romp, I know I have. I wish you all a Happy Holiday -- whatever yours is -- and hope that the New Year will bring us something better than 2020 provided!

Thank you all for reading, thanks to everyone who has stopped in and left a comment, and to all the lurkers who have quietly traveled along with me. I appreciate you all more than you can possibly know. 

Thanks also to PaganBaby and Holi117 for their beta assistance, though I've fiddled so much it's hardly the same chapter they originally looked at, so, of course, all errors are mine. And hugs and smooches to Paganbaby for the lovely banner.