Summary: Drusilla's foresight of the future prompts a dramatic change in the lives of she and Spike. Her new mission, and consequently his, is to ensure that this slayer reaches her full potential. The part that Spike doesn't know is just how much his future happiness is dependent on this teenybopper of a Slayer. But Dru is determined to see her Sunshine and her Golden Boy find the joy they deserve.
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Categories: Pre-Series, Season 1, Season 2, Episode Rewrite, Challenge Response
Characters: Buffy, Drusilla, Ensemble, Spike
Genres: Action/Adventure, Dramedy, Fluffy/Comedy, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language
Challenges: I see London I see France I see the Future!
Event: 2020 Challenge Month
Completed: No Chapters: 1
Word count: 1,541 Hit Count: 627 ePub Downloads: 14
Published: April 22, 2020 Updated: April 22, 2020


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Story Notes: Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
 

1. Chapter 1 by CheekyLilBint - Likes: 29 Comments: 18 Word Count: 1,541 Hit Count: 627 Published: April 22, 2020

I actually had most of this chapter already written, but I had no idea where to take it. Then I came across a challenge that sparked new life for what was a deserted island of a chapter. Hoping the muse sticks around!

You'll notice that I changed aspects of the pre-series canon as relates to the movie. This is partly for expedience as I did not want to rewrite the entire movie as part of the fic, but also because I don't honestly remember all of the details of it. Key fact is that Buffy has been called as the Slayer within the past 6 months. I envisioned her being called sometime in the early days of her Sophomore year (age 15) with this fic starting after January and therefore after her 16th birthday. Keeping with the "highlights" of movie canon, this would prompt her move to Sunnydale during the Spring semester of her Sophomore year as is canon.