Summary: It's been two years since the Battle of L.A. and Buffy's okay-er than ever. She's settled into New York life and a totally healthy pattern of non-stop fighting and drinking to keep the memories at bay. Nightmares greet her in sleep, and pain greets her in sobriety and peace. What's left when you have no friends, no family, and you're a broken shell sick of betrayal? One hell of a Death Wish.
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Categories: Season 8 (Comic), Comic (Season Not Specified), Post-Series, Crossover (AtS)
Characters: Buffy, Lorne, Original Characters, Spike
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Dark, Drama, Fighting, Hurt/Comfort
Warnings: Adult Language, Attempted Suicide, Violence
Completed: No Chapters: 2
Word count: 12,220 Hit Count: 1,625 ePub Downloads: 10
Published: December 02, 2019 Updated: December 08, 2019


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

View All Chapters

Story Notes: While my other fic is reaching 20,000 words this blurb popped into my head and would not leave me alone. I've seen depressed Buffy post-series, I've seen (and written) actively suicidal Buffy post-series, but I've never truly read a passively suicidal Buffy fic. Depression varies, and I wanted to put a unique spin on it here.

1. Chapter One: This Pain and Misery (Come Undone) by RUNNFROMTHEAK - Likes: 17 Comments: 16 Word Count: 6,028 Hit Count: 798 Published: December 02, 2019

It says comic compliant, by which I mean I draw elements I like from Season 8 (the few I do) and ignore everything else. If you hate the comics as much as I do, don't worry. All you need to know is L.A. almost went to Hell after Not Fade Away and Giles re-established the Council in London (not Scotland). Pretty much everything else is mentioned, and other than what I say this is not comic compliant. That being said, passive suicidal tendencies and depression are common in this fic, even if it isn't always explicit. Don't read if this is a trigger. Other than that, I hope you enjoy the angst!!!

2. Chapter Two: Ruined Recollections by RUNNFROMTHEAK - Likes: 17 Comments: 13 Word Count: 6,192 Hit Count: 827 Published: December 08, 2019

Hello!

I want to give a quick shout-out to magnus374, Firebeca, and rana!

Their comments really helped me get the headspace to write the next chapter and figure out what I want to do for the next couple! 

Lots of love to everyone else who liked, commented, or favorited!!!!!

I love you guys!!! Next chapter update will probably be next weekend!

 

p.s. I put in an original composition poem of mine that is probably awful but meh. If you comment on it, feel free to call it bloody awful ;)