Summary: A follow up to Class Protector that's set roughly two years later beginning Easter Weekend 2021. A glimpse into family life for Spike and Buffy, plus reconnecting with old (ahem) friends?
 
The story potentially references anything through the end of NFA.
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Series: The Slayer's Legacy
Categories: Post-Series
Characters: Angel, Buffy, Connor, Dawn, Drusilla, Original Characters, Spike
Genres: Angst, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Completed: Yes Chapters: 8
Word count: 24,736 Hit Count: 10,220 ePub Downloads: 204
Published: July 27, 2019 Updated: November 10, 2019


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

View All Chapters

Story Notes: So, here's the thing, I thought that Class Protector was a one-off. I was mistaken, apparently, because in spite of the other WIPs I'm working on, I haven't been able to shake off this older, bolder Buffy and not-older-but-wiser Spike. So, when I have more time, this is all going to get wrapped into a series that will have a few more installments. Many thanks to Cosmic Tuesdays who gently guided my brain in this direction even if she didn't know she was doing that.
 
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. In short, I do not own anything Joss would want and he owns a lot of stuff I do. I'm doing this solely to amuse myself and, maybe on a good day, entertain others. I leave that to them to decide.

1. Chapter 1: The Bits by Ginger - Likes: 28 Comments: 15 Word Count: 4,313 Hit Count: 2,271 Published: July 27, 2019

This chapter directly references Buffy's spot on advice to Dawn in The Gift that Dawn handed back to her in OMWF.

Right now I think this is an R for language and references to what Spuffy does best but no direct, um, action. That could always change later because I have a hot bleach blond devil on my shoulder while I'm writing. ;-)

Not beta'd so I am solely responsible for any errors.

2. Chapter 2: Belle de jour by Ginger - Likes: 25 Comments: 10 Word Count: 3,927 Hit Count: 1,182 Published: August 02, 2019

While Spike is out with Danny trying to mend fences, the Summers Sisters engage in some good old-fashioned girl talk. ;-)

 

Not beta'd so any mistakes are mine.

3. Chapter 3: Paterfamilias by Ginger - Likes: 19 Comments: 9 Word Count: 2,763 Hit Count: 1,197 Published: August 05, 2019

With Spike still reeling from the news that he has a Liverpool supporter in his life, the family hosts a dinner party. Afterwards, Buffy asks a question we all know she'd ask Spike sooner or later. ;-)

Cute babies abound, probably because I have babies on the brain this week. We've recently added a great nephew on the man's side and my great niece is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday. I know I sound positively ancient but I'm the baby of my family so I became an aunt young!

Hugs and kisses to all who've read, liked and commented. The rest of my life has been so intense lately that becoming a member of this warm and welcoming community has been just what the doctor ordered.

Not beta'd so any errors are all mine.

4. Chapter 4: Hello, Cleveland! by Ginger - Likes: 23 Comments: 9 Word Count: 2,340 Hit Count: 1,087 Published: August 09, 2019

Again, hugs and thanks to those willing to peep into domestic life of a more mature slayer and her vampire. <3

 

Over Easter dinner Spike entertains his family with a notorious tale from the city with an extant hellmouth, Buffy learns something is afoot with someone from their past and Faith is chummy with a celebrity chef?

 

Not beta'd so you know the drill.

5. Chapter 5: California dreamin’ by Ginger - Likes: 20 Comments: 13 Word Count: 1,999 Hit Count: 1,014 Published: August 28, 2019

RL has been fairly epic lately, and not in a good way, so Ginger's had little time to write. But Spike and Buffy make her smile so here's a short, sweet chapter conveying them from Cleveland to points west. Just Buffy and Spike on a plane, dealing with shit. That's life, amirite?

 

Not beta'd so all mistakes are mine.

6. Chapter 6: Hello again by Ginger - Likes: 21 Comments: 12 Word Count: 2,171 Hit Count: 1,044 Published: September 18, 2019

Thanks again to everyone who's taken the time to read, like, and/or comment.

Not beta'd so all errors are my own.

Now, on with the show...

7. Chapter 7: Conversations with (un)dead people by Ginger - Likes: 19 Comments: 9 Word Count: 3,569 Hit Count: 1,004 Published: October 24, 2019

Since this penultimate chapter is done, and the final chapter of this second story in the series is two-thirds complete, I figured I'd go ahead and post this since I'll just keep torturing myself over and fiddling with it otherwise.

Title is, obviously, a play on the S7 episode title. You'll recognize dialogue from "Becoming" Pt. 2.

Not beta'd so it's all on me.

8. Chapter 8: Don't look too far, right where you are, that's where I am by Ginger - Likes: 33 Comments: 20 Word Count: 3,654 Hit Count: 1,421 Published: November 10, 2019

For something that I didn't originally intend to write, this took an inordinate amount of time to finish. RL contained much suckage (mostly in the form of work) in late summer/early fall. But it's done now. Yay!

Many thanks to everyone who took the time to read, like and comment on my version of what an established relationship between Buffy and Spike might look like. Joining this amazing community of humans has truly been one of the best things to happen to me in 2019. :-)

Something happened at the end of what turned out to be a resoundingly meh month of August for me: Lana Del Rey released Norman Fucking Rockwell and I promptly became obsessed. The title of this chapter is lifted from the second track, Mariners Apartment Complex, while the chapter contains lyrics from the tracks Fuck It, I Love You and Love Song as well as the closing track, Hope Is a Dangerous Thing for a Woman Like Me to Have - but I Have It. While on that topic, I must give a nod to Touchstoneaf who fell down the Lana Del Rey rabbit hole with me while also engaging in a few private message therapy sessions about the lumps we take for loving Spike. ;-)

Not beta'd so any errors, either in judgment or grammar, are all mine.