Summary: Buffy Summers is a detective with the Sunnydale PD. For months she has been tracking a world class theif, known only as ‘Spike’. When she meets a dangerous stranger at a charity event where she’d undercover, she’s immediately drawn to him. But as the case unfolds and the evidence threatens their relationship, Buffy must decide whether the stranger she has grown to love is more man— or beast. 
This story is inspired by not only the Challenge prompt, but by the CW show Beauty and the Beast.

 
Written for the 12 Years 12 Seasons Challenge, responding to prompt 3. Beautiful banner by Sandy_s!! 

 
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Categories: Alternate Reality
Characters: Angelus, Buffy, Dalton, Dawn, Faith Lehane, Giles, Maggie Walsh, Riley Finn, Spike
Genres: None
Warnings: Blood Play, Rape (Implied), Torture (Physical)
Event: 12 Years 12 Seasons Challenge
Completed: No Chapters: 6
Word count: 14,957 Hit Count: 3,922 ePub Downloads: 50
Published: October 08, 2018 Updated: December 13, 2018


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

View All Chapters

Story Notes: Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
 
In my universe, Angelus was never cursed with a soul. He never became Angel, and he has ALWAYS been awful. So, there is no Angel bashing here, because as far as my characters are concerned, there never was an Angel. Ever. 

1. Chapter One by Synefred - Likes: 20 Comments: 12 Word Count: 1,487 Hit Count: 964 Published: October 08, 2018

Thank you to my MANY betas! All4Spike, Holi117, badwolfjedi, and Gwennie

 

2. Chapter Two by Synefred - Likes: 17 Comments: 9 Word Count: 2,045 Hit Count: 610 Published: October 13, 2018

Thank you yo my AMAZING betas, Holi117, badwolfjedi, and Gwennie! You’re the best!

I did post-beta fiddling. Any mistakes are mine!

 

ALSO: I was babysitting while writing this... All Power Rangers references can be blamed on that...

3. Chapter Three by Synefred - Likes: 17 Comments: 7 Word Count: 1,966 Hit Count: 624 Published: October 20, 2018

Thank you to my wonderful betas! Holi117, badwolfjedi, and Gwennie!

 

4. Chapter Four by Synefred - Likes: 11 Comments: 6 Word Count: 3,119 Hit Count: 595 Published: November 03, 2018

Thank you so much to my lovely betas Gwennie, Holi117, and badwolfjedi. You ladies are fantastic, and thank you so much for all of your support and feed back! (I also put in a lovely little reference to season 2, Prophecy Girl. Lets see who can spot it!)

 

So, I fiddled a lot with this chapter! I even rewrote half of it and had to send it back to my betas! They are so patient with me! But, I still fiddled again after getting their notes, so ANY errors are entirely on me!

5. Chapter Five by Synefred - Likes: 17 Comments: 7 Word Count: 3,495 Hit Count: 585 Published: November 11, 2018

Thank you so much to Badwolfjedi, Gwennie, and Holi117! You three are the best! 

 

I have changed the rating to R due to this chapter. There is nothing in too much detail, but there are references to rape, torture, and blood play. 

Also, just a note: Angelus was never cursed with a soul in my story. Spike didn’t spend much time with the Scourge, which will be touched on later in the story, and Angelus has always been seriously evil, NO search for redemption. Ok? This is not Angel bashing because in my story, ANGEL NEVER EXISTED. Ok? Good, let’s go.

 

Of course, being me, I fiddled a bit post-beta. Any mistakes are mine.

 

Also, I’ve been watching a lot of Supernatural and that may come across a bit... 

6. Chapter Six by Synefred - Likes: 16 Comments: 8 Word Count: 2,845 Hit Count: 544 Published: December 13, 2018

So sorry it took me so long to update! I have been going through multiple crises IRL, and have been crazy blocked as a result. I’m finally over it, and have got a few new chapters written, YAY! I hope you all enjoy this!

 

Thank you to my wonderful betas, Holi117 and badwolfjedi