A spell gone awry transports Buffy to the old west, where she meets a cowboy who turns her world upside down. Set during S5 episode "Crush". Fantastic banner by pfeifferpack!
Categories: Season 5
, All Human
, RomanceWarnings: Adult Language
, Sexual Situations
65,985 Hit Count:
32,364 ePub Downloads:
May 13, 2016 Updated:
December 11, 2016
Print or Download Story:
View All Chapters
This is more Buffalo Bill's Wild West than actual old west, but I hope you find it's all in good fun. The majority of this story is all human and inspired by pretty much every Western movie I've ever watched.
Thanks to Sunalso
for the excellent beta work.
ETA: Huge thanks to pfeifferpack
for the wonderful banner!
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
1. This Spells Disaster by Gort - Likes: 45 Comments: 30 Word Count: 4,562 Hit Count: 4,900 Published: May 13, 2016
Here we go! Thanks to Sunalso for being willing to wrangle this thing.
2. A Man Walks Into a Bar by Gort - Likes: 44 Comments: 23 Word Count: 3,656 Hit Count: 1,882 Published: May 15, 2016
Beta'd by the fabulous Sunalso!
3. Stuck in the Clink by Gort - Likes: 40 Comments: 16 Word Count: 3,496 Hit Count: 1,710 Published: May 20, 2016
Thanks as always to my beta Sunalso!
4. Trouble Always Finds You by Gort - Likes: 31 Comments: 16 Word Count: 3,497 Hit Count: 1,708 Published: May 23, 2016
Beta'd by the amazing Sunalso
5. A Hard Man is Good to Find by Gort - Likes: 43 Comments: 21 Word Count: 3,914 Hit Count: 1,746 Published: May 29, 2016
Beta'd by the ever-supportive Sunalso. Thanks for the cheerleading!
Chapter title is a quote attributed to Mae West.
Poem is "Come into the Garden, Maud" by Alfred Tennyson.
6. Know When to Hold 'Em by Gort - Likes: 37 Comments: 15 Word Count: 3,845 Hit Count: 1,746 Published: June 04, 2016
Beta'd by the awesome Sunalso!
Poetry line from Elizabeth Barrett Browning's Songs from the Portuguese.
7. Know When to Fold 'Em by Gort - Likes: 38 Comments: 16 Word Count: 4,187 Hit Count: 1,611 Published: June 10, 2016
Extra beta thanks to Sunalso for keeping the vegetables from talking.
8. Something Up His Sleeve by Gort - Likes: 33 Comments: 16 Word Count: 4,488 Hit Count: 1,616 Published: June 15, 2016
Beta'd by Sunalso, who'd be great in a bar (trivia) fight.
9. In Stitches by Gort - Likes: 37 Comments: 18 Word Count: 5,022 Hit Count: 1,706 Published: June 22, 2016
Sunalso gets credit not just for beta work this time, but the title as well. Thanks for all your hard work!
10. The Last Straw by Gort - Likes: 36 Comments: 20 Word Count: 4,047 Hit Count: 1,555 Published: October 31, 2016
Thanks times a million to my patient and endlessly optimistic beta Sunalso for believing in this sucker. I once sent her a chapter where everyone died in a meteor strike and she just sent it right back with a big "NO" across it. See what she has to put up with?
Spike's poetry: Walt Whitman
11. Saddle Up by Gort - Likes: 33 Comments: 19 Word Count: 3,688 Hit Count: 1,548 Published: November 06, 2016
All credit for making sure this gets done goes to my beta Sunalso, who is a great (read: terrifying) motivator.
12. Meanwhile, Back at the Ranch by Gort - Likes: 33 Comments: 21 Word Count: 3,806 Hit Count: 1,674 Published: November 13, 2016
Sunalso is the best beta ever. For realisies.
Spike's poetry: Lord Byron
13. Storm's a Comin' by Gort - Likes: 33 Comments: 20 Word Count: 3,244 Hit Count: 1,696 Published: November 20, 2016
Sunalso: Beta extraordinaire.
14. Circle the Wagons by Gort - Likes: 34 Comments: 22 Word Count: 3,272 Hit Count: 1,796 Published: November 27, 2016
Sunalso was here (beta-ing)!
15. A Lick of Sense by Gort - Likes: 36 Comments: 20 Word Count: 3,357 Hit Count: 1,756 Published: December 04, 2016
Beta'd by Sunalso: Western Spuffy's greatest cheerleader.
16. Double Down by Gort - Likes: 38 Comments: 18 Word Count: 3,797 Hit Count: 1,708 Published: December 10, 2016
Once again, Sunalso rounded this up and whipped it into shape.
17. Shoot the Moon by Gort - Likes: 72 Comments: 51 Word Count: 4,107 Hit Count: 2,006 Published: December 11, 2016
This is it, folks! Thanks again to my amazing beta Sunalso for keeping this story from disappearing or going entirely off the rails. I never could have done it without her!