Past Featured Story
Summary: "Did I request thee, Maker, from my clay to mold me man? Did I solicit thee from darkness to promote me?" - Paradise Lost
No one is born evil. Monsters are created from lived experience. In this S4 rewrite, Buffy comes face to face with two would be monsters: Spike and Adam. But is it possible that they are not as evil as they first appeared? Can a monster ever change into a man?
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Categories: Season 4, Alternate Reality, Episode Rewrite, Challenge Response
Characters: Anya, Buffy, Ensemble, Giles, Joyce, Riley Finn, Spike, Tara, William, Willow, Xander
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Fighting
Warnings: Adult Language, Rape (Implied), Torture (Physical), Violence
Challenges: Sympathetic Adam (Author's Choice of Name) , Humans and Evil (Author's Choice of Name)
Event: 2015 Challenge Month
Completed: No Chapters: 60
Word count: 185,081 Hit Count: 76,598 ePub Downloads: 412
Published: October 21, 2015 Updated: March 11, 2018


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

View All Chapters

Story Notes: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Prologue by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 28 Comments: 23 Word Count: 2,496 Hit Count: 6,310 Published: October 21, 2015

Thanks to Wonder And Ashes for the beautiful banner, and for being an amazing beta (seriously, her suggestions are the best!) I don't know what I'd do without her-- she definitely gives me the push I need.

 

2. The Nature of Evil by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 18 Comments: 13 Word Count: 3,408 Hit Count: 2,016 Published: October 24, 2015

Thanks to Wonder And Ashes for the beautiful banner, and for being an amazing beta (seriously, her suggestions are the best!) I don't know what I'd do without her-- she definitely gives me the push I need.

This chapter skips back in time from the Prologue (which is set around The I in Team) to Doomed-- the story basically starts here and works back up to The I in Team. Sadly, this means it'll be awhile before we see Adam again. He will return, but there are some other things that need to happen before he shows up.

This chapter is also a challenge response within a challenge response-- it's responding to the challenge, "Humans and Evil", which I've listed as one of the challenges for this story, so you can read the details of it if you want to.

I hope you enjoy!

 

3. Doomed by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 21 Comments: 13 Word Count: 3,129 Hit Count: 1,849 Published: October 27, 2015

Thanks to Wonder And Ashes for the banner, and for being my beta. Her suggestions are the best! I don't know what I'd do without her; she gives me the push I need.

This chapter is set during the time frame of Doomed, as you could probably tell from the title. It picks up directly from the end of the last chapter. It's the last of the introductory chapters, concerned with setting up the first major plot point. Also, a certain snarky vampire makes his debut in this fic here.

Happy reading!

 

4. Memory Walk, Part 1 by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 20 Comments: 10 Word Count: 2,838 Hit Count: 1,884 Published: October 30, 2015

A million thanks to Wonder and Ashes for the banner and for being my beta. I'm lost without her.

This chapter is the first chapter of the memory walk; there are four chapters devoted to it in total. It borrows some lines from Issue 14 of the Season Ten comics when describing the spell-- no copyright infringement intended. I heavily reference canon as well, but try to rephrase things in my own words-- there is no copyright infringement intended there, either. There are no warnings for this chapter, but later chapters concerned with the memory walk deal with more disturbing ideas and scenes, and will have warnings in effect.

I really enjoyed writing this sequence (of which this is only the first part) so I hope you like reading it.

5. Memory Walk, Part 2 by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 23 Comments: 12 Word Count: 2,815 Hit Count: 1,774 Published: November 03, 2015

Unending gratitude to Wonder and Ashes for gracing me with my banner and her skills as my beta. I'm lost without her; she's amazing.

I'm posting a few hours early because I'm impatient. This chapter continues the memory walk. It's darker than the last one but it's definitely not the worst of the walk. I'll give a few warnings anyway: Live Burial, Incest mentioned briefly. These warnings might seem a little over the top but I just want to be careful. I don't want to blindside anyone.

I've adapted most of the scenes here from canon. No copyright infrigement intended.

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoy this installment!

6. Memory Walk, Part 3 by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 18 Comments: 15 Word Count: 3,044 Hit Count: 1,759 Published: November 06, 2015

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for the banner and for being my beta!

Remember when I said the worst was still to come? Well, it's here. In the words of the immortal Buffy Summers: "It’s not gonna be pretty. We’re talking violence, strong language, adult content." ALL warnings are in effect for this one, including the Implied Rape. Fasten your seatbelts. This is the Angelus chapter.

7. Memory Walk, Part 4 by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 21 Comments: 14 Word Count: 3,624 Hit Count: 1,728 Published: November 10, 2015

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for betaing and making my banner! She's invaluable.

This is the last chapter of the memory walk. Buffy finds what she was looking for, and a few more things she wasn't. The worst is behind us, but the warnings for Violence and Torture are still in effect for this chapter. They apply primarily to the latter half of the chapter. I'm sure you can guess why, you guys are smart Wink

I adapt some dialogue from canon again, with no intention of copyright infringement. This chapter is not quite as heavy the last one, so I say this earnestly: I hope you enjoy!

8. Awakening by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 17 Comments: 10 Word Count: 2,680 Hit Count: 1,776 Published: November 13, 2015

Thanks thanks THANKS to Wonder and Ashes for her betaing and banner making! She's awesome, and a real resource to me. I couldn't do this without her.

This chapter is the last one covering the episode "Doomed." It deals with the immediate fallout of the memory walk, and wraps up the apocalypse.

I hope you enjoy!

9. Nature, or Nurture? by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 25 Comments: 15 Word Count: 3,354 Hit Count: 1,816 Published: November 17, 2015

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for her amazing beta skills (and banner making skills)! She deserves all the credit I can give her and more; I couldn't do this without her.

This chapter includes another Psych lecture for Buffy. I wonder what it could be about? The title of this chapter is so mysterious! Thinking

It's not as lengthy as the other lecture-- there are a few other things that happen in this chapter besides the lecture. It's mostly all fallout from the walk. There are a few loose ends to tie up. After this chapter, the walk/apocalypse is fully wrapped up. The walk will resurface frequently in conversation but there are no vivid flashbacks to it.

I know it's a bit belated but I just wanted to congratulate you all on making it through the walk-- I know some of you felt it was an accomplishment, and rightly so! And I wanted to thank you for sticking with me thus far! It means a lot to me.

So without further ado, here is part 9!

 

10. Invitation by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 21 Comments: 11 Word Count: 2,559 Hit Count: 1,656 Published: November 21, 2015

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for being my beta and making my banner! She's amazing.

This chapter picks up pretty much right from the end of the last one. We're still in our happy place, between plot points, with Buffy processing and making sense of things; no undue angst! Also, Joyce makes her debut in this fic here.

I hope you like it! It's pretty light and easy compared to some of the earlier stuff.

11. Christmas by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 25 Comments: 16 Word Count: 2,903 Hit Count: 1,623 Published: November 24, 2015

Much gratitude to Wonder and Ashes for being my beta and making my banner. She has improved the quality of this story so much! It wouldn't be half as good without her.

This chapter is about as fluffy as I get. I hope you enjoy reading it. I enjoyed writing it. After this we get back on track and become more plot based again. I hope you enjoyed the reprieve of the last few chapters because the next chapter starts things moving again. This chapter officially marks the end of the rest period, so enjoy it while you can!

12. A Slayer's Birthday by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 17 Comments: 9 Word Count: 2,820 Hit Count: 1,658 Published: November 27, 2015

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for all her help on this fic! I couldn't have asked for a better beta.

This chapter is the first of several to cover the events of "A New Man." We're back on the plotty track-- our fluffy sojourn has ended. Enjoy!

13. A New Man, Part 1 by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 20 Comments: 14 Word Count: 2,556 Hit Count: 1,548 Published: December 01, 2015

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for all her support and help on this fic as my beta! I know I say this every time, but it's true every time, and can't be said enough. Big Grin

This chapter continues covering events from "A New Man." It picks up directly where the last one left off. Happy reading!

14. A New Man, Part 2 by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 22 Comments: 13 Word Count: 2,554 Hit Count: 1,527 Published: December 04, 2015

Shoutout to Wonder and Ashes for being just plain awesome Big Grin She's an indescribable asset, without whom I would be lost. A million thanks to her!

This is the last chapter that covers "A New Man." Things really pick up after this one plotwise and get VERY interesting in the next few chapters. This chapter is a crucial launching point for what's to come-- it all flows directly out of this one. We're not quite at Adam yet but we're within a handful of chapters from him (like 4-6 chapters away). He's getting closer, I promise, even if there's still a little further to go.

Can't wait for you guys to read the next few installments! I'm excited to hear what you think of them (and this one too, of course)!

I present to you Chapter the 14th. Happy reading!

15. The Deal by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 21 Comments: 15 Word Count: 3,067 Hit Count: 1,523 Published: December 08, 2015

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for all her help and support on this fic! Without her, I would be lost in the endless sea of my own contradictory ideas.

I'm posting a few hours early because I'm impatient.

This chapter flows directly out of the events of the last one, like I promised; we get all the fallout of the action. Actions have consequences my dear readers (as you know because you're all very intelligent Big Grin), and we find out what those consequences are here. The chain of events launched by the last chapter continues here and creates further fallout for later chapters.

This chapter is a personal favourite of mine, and one of the ones I was thinking of specifically when I mentioned last time that I was excited for you guys to read the upcoming posts. I'm so excited to hear what you think of this!

Without further delay, here is Chapter 15!

 

16. Complications by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 18 Comments: 13 Word Count: 2,815 Hit Count: 1,488 Published: December 11, 2015

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for all her help! I can't thank her enough, and will continue to do it ad nauseum. Thanks thanks thanks!

This chapter picks up directly from the end of the last one, and by "directly from the end of the last one" I mean "resolves the cliffhanger that's been tormenting you for 3 days." It's also the first of several to cover some of the events of "The I in Team." I hope you enjoy this installment!

17. The I in Team, Part 1 by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 17 Comments: 14 Word Count: 2,522 Hit Count: 1,408 Published: December 15, 2015

Much gratitude to Wonder and Ashes for all her help and support! Writing can be a daunting endeavour at times but it's all a lot easier knowing she's there to help me, so I can't thank her enough. She rocks!

This chapter continues covering the events of The I in Team. Happy reading!

18. The I in Team, Part 2 by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 20 Comments: 10 Word Count: 2,674 Hit Count: 1,406 Published: December 18, 2015

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for all her help! She's truly amazing.

This chapter continues covering the events of the I in Team. Also, this chapter and the following two are simultaneous with the Prologue; it took us 17 chapters to cover two months, but we finally reached the beginning. Thanks for sticking with me thus far; I know it took us a long time to get back here! Your patience will be rewarded, however. The journey only becomes more interesting and complicated as we go forward.

I'm sure you'll all be familiar with the scene at the end of this chapter (the Prologue has the most hits of all the chapters in this fic so I'm pretty sure you guys reread that one the most and therefore know it the best Big Grin) but it will be a little different than you remember; from a slightly different angle.

Enough with the cryptic comments! Onward, into chapter 18!

19. Aftermath by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 18 Comments: 10 Word Count: 2,227 Hit Count: 1,412 Published: December 22, 2015

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for steering me through the rough patches! Her help is invaluable.

We're still in the time frame of the prologue-- while the events of this chapter are unfolding, Adam is wandering Sunnydale for the first time/crying in the alley, if you're wondering about the context or what he's doing. One more chapter in the period of the prologue (the next) and then we're into totally uncharted territory.

Without further ado, here is chapter 19.

20. Change of Plans by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 20 Comments: 11 Word Count: 2,891 Hit Count: 1,438 Published: December 27, 2015

I am so so thankful for my wonderful beta, Wonder And Ashes. She is a huge asset to me and just a real cool person. I am eternally grateful for her help.

Real life got in the way, but we now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

This is the last chapter to cover the time frame of the Prologue-- it picks up at the end of the last chapter, during the day, and goes into the night covered in the Prologue, where Adam witnesses Buffy on patrol; only here, it's from her perspective & not his. You can always go back and compare notes if you miss Adam's thoughts here Big Grin

After this we're into new stuff that you haven't seen before-- this is the final catch-up chapter. And we are VERY VERY close to meeting Adam once this chapter's done.

I hope you like this one.

21. Goodbye Iowa by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 19 Comments: 13 Word Count: 2,411 Hit Count: 1,451 Published: December 29, 2015

Much gratitude & love to Wonder and Ashes for all her amazing help and advice. A better beta could not be found.

This picks up the morning after the last chapter, and covers the events of "Goodbye Iowa." It samples a bit of the dialogue from that episode too, though I change it where I can-- there is no intention of copyright fringement here. Innocent

This is the one we've been waiting for: Adam makes first contact. This is zero hour! I hope this lives up to all your expectations and hopes, and brings you enjoyment. And this is only the beginning; now that we're all caught up we can really get into the heart of this fic. Now that Adam's here, this fic will never be the same. His significance is indeliblle.

See you on the other side of chapter 21!

22. Right or Wrong by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 23 Comments: 11 Word Count: 2,769 Hit Count: 1,342 Published: January 01, 2016

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for all her help! She's great.

This chapter retreads the events of Chapter 21, but from Adam's perspective. If you were wondering what was going on in his head, here's your chance to find out! I hope you enjoy.

23. Decision by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 22 Comments: 9 Word Count: 3,517 Hit Count: 1,303 Published: January 05, 2016

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for all her help, she is truly amazing Big Grin

In this chapter, Buffy makes a decision. It's another split POV chapter, this time between Buffy and Adam. Buffy goes first, Adam goes second. I split the POV this way to show each of their respective thought processes and reactions to each other. I hope it will be somewhat illuminating.

Onward, into chapter 23!

24. Affirmation by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 17 Comments: 7 Word Count: 2,758 Hit Count: 1,370 Published: January 09, 2016

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for all her help! I couldn't do this without her.

Here's chapter 24. It picks up directly after the last one-- The other Scoobies start arriving on the scene and react to Adam's presence. I hope you guys enjoy this!

25. Doubt by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 20 Comments: 10 Word Count: 2,508 Hit Count: 1,351 Published: January 12, 2016

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for all her amazing help and support! This fic wouldn't be nearly so shiny and pretty if it weren't for her Big Grin

Here's the next installment! It flows directly from the end of the last chapter-- we saw everyone's reaction to Adam but Xander's, and now we get to find out how he feels about Adam. This is another split POV chapter between Buffy and Adam, but it's a bit different-- this time, Adam's section doesn't retread the same ground as Buffy's but goes on and covers something new-- this chapter is chronological in a linear way, which i think is different from other split POV chapters. It's a nice change. 

Happy reading!

26. First Date by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 22 Comments: 11 Word Count: 2,570 Hit Count: 1,298 Published: January 16, 2016

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for all her help Big Grin

This chapter is pretty much exactly what it says on the label. So, a fluff warning is in order. I hope you guys like it!

27. A-D-A-M by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 20 Comments: 8 Word Count: 2,643 Hit Count: 1,183 Published: January 19, 2016

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for her mad beta skills!

This is the first chapter since the Prologue that is entirely from Adam's POV. My, how far we've come. *tears up nostalgically*

It's kind of a unique idea so it might be interesting to read. I hope you like it inspite of-- or because of-- the weirdness. It was a fun little exercise, writing this chapter. 

Enjoy!

28. Named by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 19 Comments: 11 Word Count: 3,275 Hit Count: 1,261 Published: January 23, 2016

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for her help!

Here's the next installment. And I know it's in italics, I'm sorry about that. I tried everything I could to fix it but it just keeps posting this way, so I'm giving up and leaving it for now-- it's not a problem on my end, I think it's a site issue. But I'm sorry anyway.

I hope you enjoy reading it anyway!

29. Boyfriend and Girlfriend by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 17 Comments: 11 Word Count: 2,657 Hit Count: 1,206 Published: January 27, 2016

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for all her help heart

Here's the next installment. It's a bit on the fluffy side again but we do get a bit of an alternating POV between Buffy & Spike. I'm sure none of you guys will complain biggrin  You seem to like how I write them together; this is just a little more of the same.

I hope you enjoy this one!

 

30. Mothers by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 15 Comments: 12 Word Count: 3,312 Hit Count: 1,222 Published: January 29, 2016

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for all her help!

This chapter is not fluffy, but it's not a complete horror either. It's kind of in a median place; not fluff, but not all out angst. We get some more split POV... and a certain revelation. I won't say anymore. Here's chapter 30 for your reading pleasure.

31. The Tragedy of Prejudice by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 20 Comments: 13 Word Count: 3,312 Hit Count: 1,099 Published: February 02, 2016

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for being an incredible beta biggrin

Xander makes a reappearance and some serious discussion takes place. I hope you find it interesting!

32. This Year's Girl by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 12 Comments: 8 Word Count: 2,744 Hit Count: 1,096 Published: February 06, 2016

Shout out to Wonder and Ashes for all her amazing help!

This chapter probably comes as a bit of a surprise. I  jumped into it without really warning you it was coming. As I'm sure you guys can deduce from the title, someone is about to wake up and when they do, it's really going to throw a wrench in the works. Personally, I think that just makes everything a lot more fun.

Without further ado, I give to you chapter 32!

 

33. Bad Blood by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 16 Comments: 9 Word Count: 2,819 Hit Count: 1,069 Published: February 09, 2016

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for being such a lovely beta! I don't know what this story would look like without her input.

We see the scene Faith witnessed last chapter from Buffy's perspective, which means a slight retreading of the end of said chapter. That doesn't last long, though, because then the chapter moves into a broader discussion. We also get a three way split in the POV: Buffy, then Adam, then Spike.

I present to you chapter 33! I hope you like it!

Oh, and anyone accusing me of listening to a certain Taylor Swift song in association with this chapter would not be entirely wrong wink

 

34. Kiss and Tell by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 10 Comments: 6 Word Count: 2,997 Hit Count: 1,084 Published: February 12, 2016

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for all her help!

Split POV between Faith and Spike. Picks up right from the end of the last chapter-- we see how Faith spends her evening, and we follow Buffy and Spike through the rest of their evening too.

Enjoy!

35. Five By Five by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 15 Comments: 9 Word Count: 3,207 Hit Count: 1,050 Published: February 16, 2016

Thanks, thanks, thanks to Wonder and Ashes for sharing her mad beta skills with me. This story wouldn't be half the story it is without her smile

Another long chapter for you-- the Faith intrigue only increases, and the plot only thickens. Starts the morning after the last chapter and follows our cast of characters from there. Without further adieu, here is Chapter 35!

(And part of me wishes this chapter could have happened 10 chapters earlier in the fic. If Chapter 25 had been named Five by Five that would have been the coolest thing ever wink Alas, these things unfold in their own time. I must continue to live a life free of clever, accidental math puns. biggrin)

36. Breakdown by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 15 Comments: 11 Word Count: 2,887 Hit Count: 1,064 Published: February 19, 2016

A million thanks to my beta, Wonder and Ashes. She is amazing.

This picks up right from the end of the last chapter. The title is a bit obvious, but hopefully even if you guess where it's going, you'll enjoy seeing it unfold. I drew my inspiration for this chapter from the Faith two-parter in ATS S1 but obviously I modified it and took it in a bit of a different direction. I hope you like how it turned out!

Presenting: Chapter 36.

37. Unconventional by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 12 Comments: 7 Word Count: 2,969 Hit Count: 1,009 Published: February 27, 2016

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for her unwavering support & help on this fic!

I hope that at least a few of your questions will be answered in this chapter/that it will set you somewhat at ease! And as always, I hope you enjoy!

38. Who Are You by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 13 Comments: 8 Word Count: 2,723 Hit Count: 1,013 Published: March 06, 2016

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for her valuable help!

Sorry for the late post! Hopefully this was worth the wait biggrin

39. Stay by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 12 Comments: 5 Word Count: 2,364 Hit Count: 1,070 Published: March 12, 2016

Thanks so much to Wonder and Ashes for her amazing help!

This picks up from where we last left Buffy and Spike. It's a happy, fluffy chapter! It's been awhile, I figured you guys were due biggrin I hope you enjoy.

40. Trust by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 10 Comments: 6 Word Count: 2,537 Hit Count: 916 Published: March 19, 2016

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for all her help betaing this fic!

We're back on track with the Faith drama in this chapter. Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bit of a bumpy one. biggrin I hope you enjoy!

41. The Problem of Faith by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 12 Comments: 10 Word Count: 3,378 Hit Count: 925 Published: March 26, 2016

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for all her help and for all her suggestions! I don't know where I'd be without her, she definitely gives me the motivation I need to carry on.

Another very eventful chapter! I'm so excited to hear what you guys think of this and the next one!

42. Voices of the Past by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 10 Comments: 8 Word Count: 3,161 Hit Count: 919 Published: April 02, 2016

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for being my beta. I'm lucky to have her. 

The long awaited resolution to the cliffhanger is here! I hope it's everything you hoped it would be.

43. Graveyard Confessions by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 10 Comments: 6 Word Count: 3,501 Hit Count: 962 Published: April 09, 2016

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for being so helpful and so supportive; I couldn't do this without her.

This chapter is in the tradition of some of the earlier fluffy graveyard patrols but our couple talks about some serious stuff this time. Picks right up from the end of the last chapter. If you were wondering what Spike was thinking through the last half of the last chapter, or if you were wondering what the fallout from Riley/Angel visit would be for Spike and Buffy and their relationship, here's your chance to find out!

Onwards!

44. Sanctuary by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 9 Comments: 6 Word Count: 3,208 Hit Count: 883 Published: April 15, 2016

Thank you, Wonder and Ashes, for helping so much on this fic! Best. Beta. Ever!

Here's another installment for you guys! Lots more Adam & Faith conversation-y goodness and Tara gets thrown into the mix as well. I hope you guys enjoy!

 

45. Showdown by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 10 Comments: 8 Word Count: 3,596 Hit Count: 962 Published: April 22, 2016

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for all her help! She's invaluable!

You read the chapter title right-- this is a fairly momentous chapter! I hope it's a fun read for you and I can't wait to hear your thoughts!

Onward!

46. Terms by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 11 Comments: 7 Word Count: 3,275 Hit Count: 880 Published: April 30, 2016

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for all her help! Working with her is a real pleasure!

This chapter is the follow-up to the previous one, and draws inspiration from the S5 episode Checkpoint, so if you read a line that feels familiar, the credit belongs to the writers of that episode. 

On a side note, today marks one year since I became a member of Elysian Fields! I can't believe how far I've come-- when I joined, I would never have imagined that a year later I'd be this far along in a story. It's been a delight to be a part of this community and to have you guys follow me through this story! Thanks!

Now, enough of that and on with Chapter 46! I hope you enjoy!

47. Introductions and Re-Introductions by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 11 Comments: 9 Word Count: 3,721 Hit Count: 953 Published: May 07, 2016

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for all the work she does and all the help she gives me! I'm so lucky to have her working with me, I can't say it enough.

This chapter continues on from the last one. I think the title gives you a pretty good idea about what happens in it biggrin I hope you enjoy!

48. Forgiveness, Part 1 by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 12 Comments: 9 Word Count: 3,757 Hit Count: 883 Published: May 14, 2016

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for all her help as my beta! She makes this story so much better, and she's just a super cool person biggrin

I present to you a chapter in three parts, with three different POVs-- we go from Buffy's head to Spike's, and then finally to Faith's. A lot of important conversations happen, and some valuable information comes to light.

I suppose I should also warn you that this chapter gets pretty dark. It goes into some detail about Faith's backstory and needless to say that's no parade. So just be warned, in Faith's section, there are some distressing topics (alcoholism, addiction, abuse) and uncomfortable details. There may be a fluff interlude before hand, however wink

Okay, onwards! I hope you find this chapter worthwhile!

49. Forgiveness, Part 2 by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 9 Comments: 6 Word Count: 3,273 Hit Count: 805 Published: May 21, 2016

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for all her help! She rocks smile

This chapter isn't as heavy as the last one but it does provide some important conclusions to what went on last time. And this time, it's all Buffy's POV.

I hope you enjoy!

50. Watcher and Slayer by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 10 Comments: 8 Word Count: 3,384 Hit Count: 824 Published: May 28, 2016

Thanks to my wonderful beta, Wonder & Ashes! She's been such a great help to me.

This chapter focuses on Lydia and Faith adjusting to each other. Let me know what you guys think! I hope you like it.

51. Listen by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 13 Comments: 11 Word Count: 3,385 Hit Count: 925 Published: June 10, 2016

Thanks Wonder and Ashes for all your help & support!

I'm very very excited to hear what you guys think of this chapter! Starts with Adam's POV, then moves to Faith's. 

Just try not too hate me too much when you read the ending. smile

Happy reading!

52. Rage by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 11 Comments: 8 Word Count: 2,210 Hit Count: 876 Published: June 25, 2016

Thanks to my wonderful beta, Wonder and Ashes for all her help!

This chapter is a little on the shorter side, but it does provide immediate resolution to the cliffhanger. We're still going to be dealing with fallout from the last chapter for at least one or two more after this, but this provides the necessary transition. I hope you guys are satisfied!

Happy reading!

53. Lydia's Crisis by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 14 Comments: 9 Word Count: 3,102 Hit Count: 764 Published: July 02, 2016

Thanks to Wonder and Ashes for beta-ing and just being awesome in general! 

As you can probably tell from the title, this chapter is Lydia centric, all coming from her POV. The chapter also continues to show the fallout of the attack from two chapters ago.

Happy reading!

54. Begin Again by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 11 Comments: 8 Word Count: 2,496 Hit Count: 754 Published: July 22, 2016

Thank you, Wonder and Ashes for all your helpful suggestions and encouragement!

This continues with the fallout from Faith's attack & surgery. Lydia, Adam and Faith are the key players in this one. I hope you enjoy Chapter 54!

55. Welcome Back by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 10 Comments: 10 Word Count: 2,711 Hit Count: 801 Published: July 29, 2016

Thanks to Wonder & Ashes for her superb work as my beta! Really incredible stuff, don't know what I'd do without her!

Faith gets a welcoming committee as promised and it's (mostly) the pleasant kind, then a bit of a Lydia confrontation and... a surprise and cliffhanger for you at the end. It's been a few chapters since the last one and that must be remedied biggrin Hope you enjoy!

56. Discussions, Part 1 by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 7 Comments: 10 Word Count: 3,145 Hit Count: 531 Published: December 27, 2017

So... Hi. It's been forever and ever! Eep. Can't believe the last update was in July 2016 - my bad. Well, anyway. Long story short: I'm back now :D After my extended hiatus, I am back, reinvigorated and excited to be doing this again and I'm going all the way to the finish line, this time. Yes, dear readers -- never fear, for this fic will have an ending some day. Of course, there's a lot more that needs to happen between here and there, but I am going to keep trucking towards it. I won't take a hiatus like that again. Though, I may not be posting quite as frequently as I used to. Probably a chapter, maybe two a month, but progress chapter by chapter is a win.

So here at long last is Chapter 56. It might require a reread to remember what's going on... I have no shame in admitting that I had to reread the entire thing before I started writing again to remember where I left off. 

Anyway, 10 million thanks to my wonderful beta, Wonder and Ashes. Working with her again is such a pleasure and her suggestions are so helpful.

Hope you enjoy the new chapter!

 

57. Discussions, Part 2 by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 15 Comments: 8 Word Count: 4,244 Hit Count: 491 Published: January 05, 2018

Hi all! Here's the next chapter read 

Huge thanks to Wonder and Ashes for all her help. I'm so grateful to be able to work with her.

This chapter is pretty much along the same lines of the last one, but the cast of characters shifts slightly - here, Faith, Adam and Giles all get the news re: Spike. I won't say more than that.

Hope you enjoy!

58. Discussions, Part 3 by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 15 Comments: 8 Word Count: 5,523 Hit Count: 450 Published: January 16, 2018

Hi all! I have a longer than usual update for you today! So many people have so many important things to say to each other XD. In this chapter: Faith and Adam enjoy each other's company on a late night patrol, Buffy and Spike debrief, Xander and Buffy hash it out, and Spike and Anya commiserate. 

Shout out as ALWAYS to my wonderful, amazing, fantastic beta, Wonder and Ashes. She's such a great help to me that I can never thank her enough.

Without further ado, here is Chapter 58! I hope you enjoy very much!

59. Discussions, Part 4 by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 13 Comments: 8 Word Count: 5,273 Hit Count: 415 Published: February 14, 2018

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO EVERYONE! And to our favourite couple, of course :Dhug

I've got another long chapter for you all. Giles and Lydia have a chat, Spike and Xander talk, and finally Xander and Anya hash it out.

As always, ten million thanks to my wonderful beta, Wonder and Ashes! She's just the best. 

I hope you all enjoy this chapter! 

60. Belonging by cloudstarmoonsky - Likes: 17 Comments: 13 Word Count: 4,783 Hit Count: 520 Published: March 11, 2018

Hi all! I've got a new chapter for you today biggrin A certain piece of governement tech gets disabled, and all our Scoobies get the chance to bond with each other outside of the line of duty.

Thanks as ever to Wonder and Ashes, my wonderful beta! I'd be lost without her heart

I hope you enjoy this chapter! After all the heavy conversations in the last few chapters, we all deserve this biggrin