Summary: “Without a question—she’s the one.  I knew it the minute I lay eyes on her that my search is over.  I long to slip inside her, to feel her surround me and take me places I’ve never been.  The time is now.  My wait is over."
 
Through the years: Spike and His Best Girl.
 
Gorgous Banner by the amazing DauntlessGrace. 
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Categories: Season 2, Season 3, Season 4, Season 5, Season 6, Post-Series, Challenge Response
Characters: None
Genres: Drama, Fluffy/Comedy
Warnings: Adult Language
Challenges: His Best Girl
Event: 2015 Challenge Month
Completed: Yes Chapters: 7
Word count: 6,102 Hit Count: 8,954 ePub Downloads: 53
Published: October 14, 2015 Updated: November 11, 2015


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

View All Chapters

Story Notes: I tried, damn it I tried.  But I've been itching to post something and since the next chapter of Origin  is not quite ready to, and after seeing all the amazing Challenge fics go up, I decided to go for it.
 
As a Challenge month, I decided to challenge myself three fold.  The first way is obvious, I picked a Challenge issued by Laurence Quill.  The second is I decided to go out of my comfort zone and write first person, present tense POV.  I've only done this twice before so I'm not too comfy with it.  The third...well, the third I, with Laurence's permission, kinda put my own spin on the Challenge.  
 
Now, all I ask of you dear readers is not to skip ahead and look up the Challenge.  Please let it be a surprise!
 
These are overall vignettes, some longer than the others.
 

1. Chapter One: At First Sight by Behind Blue Eyes - Likes: 13 Comments: 13 Word Count: 635 Hit Count: 1,820 Published: October 14, 2015

Please read the story notes. 

Major thanks to my amazing beta,  ETRAYTIN.  I can't tell you how much her help and guidance means to me.  HugBig huggers, lady!   

2. Chapter Two: One Cachaca, Two Cachaca, Three Cachaca More by Behind Blue Eyes - Likes: 9 Comments: 9 Word Count: 769 Hit Count: 1,131 Published: October 16, 2015

Well, here's the next installment to my little challenge fic.  My plan is for nine vignettes total.  Again, many many thanks to ETRAYTIN, beta extraordinaire! 

Also, many thanks to solstice, DauntlessGrace, magnus, Megan, Lavender Blue, pfeifferpack for their lovely reviews, and a special thanks to Laurence Quill for this challenge and his review. 

3. Chapter Three: Copious Amounts of Aperitifs and Digestifs with Not Much in Between by Behind Blue Eyes - Likes: 10 Comments: 9 Word Count: 899 Hit Count: 1,614 Published: October 23, 2015

Here is the next chapter of my little tale.  Since I'm impatient, this is unbetaed, so any and all mistakes are clearly mine. 

4. Chapter Four: My Happy Meal’s Missing its Toy Surprise by Behind Blue Eyes - Likes: 12 Comments: 10 Word Count: 335 Hit Count: 991 Published: October 26, 2015

Here's the next installment of my little fic.  Again, many many thanks to ETRAYTIN, beta extraordinaire! 

Also, I want to thank those who know who Spike's girl is, but isn't letting the cat out of the bag yet. I do promise those who don't know quite yet, all will be revealed soon.  I promise.  Now...

 

5. Chapter Five: For All That’s Unholy…She’s French! by Behind Blue Eyes - Likes: 11 Comments: 9 Word Count: 1,046 Hit Count: 1,010 Published: October 28, 2015

First off, I want to stress this chapter is not to offend those who are or associate with and/or to the French or the Irish by any means. This is only meant to entertain.  Please keep this in mind while you read.

I'm floored by the last chapter's reviews, keep them coming!  Many many thanks to solstice for her little shout out in her amazing fic, Wild and Wonderful,  if you haven't read it, or have been stuck in some alternative universe or some other type of excuse, I say drop what you doing, go and read. (Well, after you read my stuff first, of course Devil)

Also, I posted Chapter 18 in my fic Origin if you haven't checked it out, I would love if you gave it a try.

And before you go, many many thanks to my beta ETRAYTIN, for helping me whip this into shape and just for her overall amazingness!

6. Chapter Six: The Key to My Heart by Behind Blue Eyes - Likes: 13 Comments: 9 Word Count: 1,608 Hit Count: 1,488 Published: November 02, 2015

Well, here's the next installment to my little fic.  Now, this chapter is different from the previous ones, but I really feel it just works.  This chapter is un-beta-ed, all mistakes mine.

Also, many many thanks to all those whom voted for me to become Reviewer of the Month.  Flowers

 

7. Chapter Seven: Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow by Behind Blue Eyes - Likes: 14 Comments: 13 Word Count: 810 Hit Count: 900 Published: November 11, 2015

Hello all!  I'm back again!  I've been trying to write on Origin, but things are just not coming together as I would like, so I decided to post more on one of my other two WIPs.

This chapter takes place in Season 6, between "Life Serial" and "All the Way"

This is unbeta-ed, so any mistakes are all mine.