Summary: Three years after Chosen, Buffy is confronted by a fledgling vampire. William may be dead, but Spike has made his way back to find his mate again.
 
AU where Spike never came back in Angel Season 5. NOT a part of the Only Ever In Dreams 'verse.
 
** Banner by the wonderful DauntlessGrace! Heart
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Categories: Post-Series, Alternate Reality
Characters: Buffy, Spike
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language
Completed: No Chapters: 3
Word count: 5,692 Hit Count: 4,646 ePub Downloads: 40
Published: March 19, 2015 Updated: September 11, 2016


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

View All Chapters

Story Notes: Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Part 1 by SoaringClaws - Likes: 33 Comments: 24 Word Count: 1,912 Hit Count: 2,190 Published: March 19, 2015

I've always had some theories about the vampire mythos is Buffy, but Season 9 made me really want to explore the question: what happens to the demon when a vampire dies? When dimensional portals stop working in Season 9, vampires aren't the same. They become mindless, no more than an animated, fangy, dead body. So the consciousness of a vampire is demon possession. And doesn't this mean that a vampire demon is pulled from another dimension where theoretically, there are a lot of vampire demons? So here's my exploration of that, complete with Spike goodness and a healthy scoop of "where does William end and Spike the vampire demon begin?"

Lots of love to the people who encouraged me to write more (I'm looking at you Charlie Aome and acekoomboom and MsXGingerXNinja and... you get the idea). You are my motivation for getting paragraphs down rather than just writing elaborate outlines.

Story name inspire by the song A Walk Through Hell by Say Anything. The song isn't directly linked to the fic, but it is relevant and I liked it.

2. Part 2 by SoaringClaws - Likes: 23 Comments: 18 Word Count: 1,341 Hit Count: 1,368 Published: April 16, 2015

I finally focused and polished up the second chapter! Wooh! It wasn't flowing correctly, so I had to gut it and switch things around with parts from chapters three and four until I had something that clicked. Some of you may have seen my other WIP that's up, Inferno. I'll be alternating chapters of them for now, so expect to see the next chapter of Inferno in about two weeks and the next chapter of Through Hell To You up in another month. If I am satisfied with a chapter before that, I'll post earlier. On the bright side, Through Hell To You will be at least 5 chapters. 

Thank you to everyone who reviewed the last chapter! I was amazed by the outpouring of support for this story. Many kisses also to anyone who took the time to read. I really appreciate it.

3. Part 3 by SoaringClaws - Likes: 23 Comments: 16 Word Count: 2,439 Hit Count: 1,088 Published: September 11, 2016

It's been majorly slow (more than a year since last update! Holy crap!), but I promised this would be the next update and I have delivered! I hope any readers out there still enjoy it. Many thanks to the people who have read and reviewed and reminded me that I owed them a new chapter. Your continuous polite shoulder tapping is the only thing that puts my fingers to keyboard.

Bewildered is an awesome person and looked over this chapter for me to make sure it wasn't atrocious! Thanks, B!