Past Featured Story
Summary:  
Five years after “Not Fade Away”, Buffy and Spike have settled in San Francisco. Here’s a glimpse of their life together. They may never achieve "normal", but perhaps they do end up with "ever after". Heaven knows they've earned it.
 
This was inspired by “Stay” by the incomparable anaross, only instead of a beautiful, heart-breaking story of major character death, I offer a comfortable imagining of what an “ever after” might look like for Buffy and Spike.
 
Consider this my penance for having written a very sad and tear-stained opening chapter, for “Edge of Sorrow, Heart of Truth”, my S6 rewrite. I’m afraid there are a couple more chapters of sad coming. I hope you find this uplifting. Your unicorn chaser, as it were.
 
SunnyD Awards
Nominated at Round 31 of the Sunnydale Memorial Awards for:
Best Fluff, Best Pairing Conventional, Best Romance
Thank you!
 
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Categories: Post-Series
Characters: Buffy, Original Characters, Spike
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations
Completed: Yes Chapters: 1
Word count: 2,435 Hit Count: 1,967 ePub Downloads: 51
Published: March 16, 2015 Updated: March 16, 2015


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

Story Notes: I have no illusion (delusion?) that it even approaches anaross’s lyrical writing, but the story wanted out (it refused to be suppressed, really), and so I dutifully set pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard--modern writing methods are seriously lacking in romance). I hesitate to call it “fluffy”, because, well, I’d like to think it has some depth. But it may be considered “happy”. Reuses the setting from anaross’s story, a little later in time, just so you know there’s no...uh, health issues looming on the horizon, as in “Stay”. Kilo, the adorable puppy, wanted to come long and play. Anaross has graciously allowed me to dog-sit (thank you!).

Beta: By the meticulous All4Spike. Thank you!
Distribution: No posting elsewhere without express permission please.
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. One-Shot by feliciacraft - Likes: 39 Comments: 30 Word Count: 2,435 Hit Count: 1,967 Published: March 16, 2015

A shout-out to anaross for allowing me to reuse her story setting and borrow Kilo for this story. Thank you.