Summary: Before Buffy dies, she asks Spike to guide and train the future Slayers. Can the spiritual intervention of a rule-breaking Slayer and the guidance of a reformed vampire change the fate of the Chosen One?
 
**Wonderful banner by nmcil! Thank you so much! Heart
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Categories: Post-Series
Characters: Buffy, Original Characters, Spike, Willow
Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Character Death
Completed: Yes Chapters: 3
Word count: 12,925 Hit Count: 5,990 ePub Downloads: 49
Published: April 22, 2014 Updated: November 12, 2014


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

View All Chapters

Story Notes: Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Story title, Only Ever In Dreams, is pulled from the song Sad Dream by Sky Ferreira. Check it out if you want to hear the song that inspired me to write.

1. Part 1 by SoaringClaws - Likes: 21 Comments: 21 Word Count: 2,918 Hit Count: 2,323 Published: April 22, 2014

Hi guys! It's my first posted story ever! This is going to be done in 3 parts, which are currently being run through my final editing processes (aka my husband is answering a thousand questions about what order things should go in and whether he likes a line of dialogue. Thanks, honey!). I've really loved being a part of this community for the past year, so I hope you guys enjoy my little contribution to our Spuffy family. 

Story Notes: The scenes in this are disjointed and bounce around in time. There will be some confusion when reading, I'm sure, but reading further will clear up the timeline and characters that are introduced. Also, there is a warning for character death for a reason! However, I hate tragedy, so you can expect everything to turn out pretty well.

Thanks for checking my story out, and enjoy Only Ever In Dreams.

2. Part 2 by SoaringClaws - Likes: 13 Comments: 12 Word Count: 5,596 Hit Count: 1,599 Published: May 05, 2014

This part was almost done when I posted part 1, I promise. Unfortunately, I have a short attention span and let it sit unfinished. This is the longest part, because I just couldn't break up the scenes any other way. So, extra long reading for you today! Yay!

Thank you to everyone who read and to everyone who reviewed. I get giddy just looking at the read count, and I loved hearing what everyone who reviewed was thinking about. You are all loved!

3. Part 3 by SoaringClaws - Likes: 30 Comments: 21 Word Count: 4,411 Hit Count: 2,068 Published: November 12, 2014

It's finally done! Woah! I completely admire all of the wonderful authors on here who have written stories and/or are working on their stories regularly. This has been my own personal adventure and trial since I am a flake extraordinaire. Struggling through my own piece has just given me a whole new appreciation for the hard work that writers put in to produce the stories that I love to consume. I'm still chugging away on some of my other stories, but it will likely be a long time before you see any of them.

Thank you to everyone who has read and reviewed, and to our wonderful admins on EF that hold together this community. Also, special thanks and recognition to nmcil who created a lovely banner for me. You're all wonderful!

I'll be posting my playlist for the story at the end. My playlists are a major part of my writing process, so it felt important to share it. If you want to listen while you read, here's the link to my Spotify playlist. There aren't specific songs for scenes or anything, it's more about mood setting, so enjoy as you see fit.