Post-series, post Angel. Some references to events in canon. Perhaps over-rated for language, violence, and nudity, but no sex as yet. :::
After angering a demon who wants something from him that he can't give, Spike is left helpless and pretty nearly hopeless too. How can he expect rescue when everyone he knows has either died or thinks he's still dead himself? :::
Characters: Buffy, Spike, Xander
Warnings: Adult Language, Violence
Completed: Yes Chapters: 35
Word count: 90,248 Hit Count: 45,830 ePub Downloads: 402
Published: December 20, 2011 Updated: February 21, 2012
Print or Download Story:
View All Chapters
7. Messages, Memories by PeaceHeather - Likes: 12 Comments: 8 Word Count: 2,389 Hit Count: 1,329
This is probably the last update I'll be able to make before the new year, thanks to pesky holiday travels. I really hope you all enjoy it. I look forward to lots of reviews when I finally get back home!
9. Oracle, Vision by PeaceHeather - Likes: 13 Comments: 12 Word Count: 2,625 Hit Count: 1,328
In which our heroes are handed a clue.
Many thanks to you all for your patience as I update - partly I was traveling over the holidays and partly, for some reason I have issues with this particular site, and I'm still working to resolve it.
Thanks also for your kind words. Reviews feed writers like blood feeds vampires - we can't ever get enough. :)
11. Hunting, Waiting by PeaceHeather - Likes: 14 Comments: 10 Word Count: 2,271 Hit Count: 1,266
Buffy's segment of this story was a royal pain to write. Please let me know if it turned out okay. Many thanks.
12. Fading, Ending by PeaceHeather - Likes: 23 Comments: 19 Word Count: 2,467 Hit Count: 1,204
A/N: Freedmont, IN does not exist. Fremont, IN does. But it turned out that Fremont has lots of hotels where Spike could have stayed which would have totally ruined this story from about Ch. 3 onward. :) Also, if you look at Google Maps (which I didn't until after I invented Figg, I swear), you'll see a greenhouse on the edge of town called Baker's Acres, which I now TOTALLY want to go visit.
14. Unbinding, Helplessness by PeaceHeather - Likes: 19 Comments: 16 Word Count: 2,439 Hit Count: 1,189
In which the author squicks herself after researching drowned bodies, then decides to share the love with you, her readers.
Please review anyway.
Minor edits - re-posted January 17.
Some minor edits and additions to this chapter - re-posted January 17.
This chapter needed a major overhaul and has been extensively edited and added to. Re-posted January 17.
19. Confusion, Conversation by PeaceHeather - Likes: 15 Comments: 12 Word Count: 2,476 Hit Count: 1,269
These past couple chapters have been difficult to write and I'm concerned that the quality of the story, or the pacing, might be falling off. Especially: Is Buffy still in character? Let me know what you think. And thanks - all these positive reviews are kinda blowing my mind.
20. Companionship, Solitude by PeaceHeather - Likes: 12 Comments: 8 Word Count: 2,732 Hit Count: 1,327
Thanks to all for your reassurances regarding the last couple of chapters. I wasn't sure I was as good at the angsty stuff as I seem to be at the hurt/comfort aspects. I hope you enjoy this one.
Some additions to this chapter. Re-posted January 17.
22. Strange dreams, Witchcraft by PeaceHeather - Likes: 13 Comments: 10 Word Count: 3,274 Hit Count: 1,298
As always, my deep thanks to you for reading and especially for reviewing. Writers need feedback like vampires need blood. :)
25. Basking, Cutting by PeaceHeather - Likes: 16 Comments: 13 Word Count: 2,381 Hit Count: 1,272
I am overjoyed at the reception this story has received so far from you all, my readers, and I continue to bask in the glow of your reviews.
26. History, Demon by PeaceHeather - Likes: 19 Comments: 13 Word Count: 3,283 Hit Count: 1,283
Your reviews feed me, as always. Please let me know if there are loose ends in this story that you especially want to see wrapped up in coming chapters. Many thanks.
29. Peaceful Rest, Loving Couples by PeaceHeather - Likes: 17 Comments: 12 Word Count: 2,629 Hit Count: 1,194
I love it that so many people are reading this. I love your reviews. They keep me going and help when I feel I'm losing momentum.
As always, I crave your reviews and adore the articulate ones. Many thanks to my readers.
31. Telephone, Argument by PeaceHeather - Likes: 13 Comments: 8 Word Count: 2,713 Hit Count: 1,297
As always, I adore your reviews and feedback. Don't be like Buffy - get in touch! Tell me what you're thinking! :)
34. Airport, Male Bonding by PeaceHeather - Likes: 19 Comments: 14 Word Count: 3,291 Hit Count: 1,236 The brewery, specific beer, and the bit about Lake Erie and the Great Black Swamp are all completely true. Also we're getting pretty close to the end of this story.
You may want to go back and re-read the previous chapter, because once again I needed to edit and repost about a day after it first went up.
The brewery, specific beer, and the bit about Lake Erie and the Great Black Swamp are all completely true. Also we're getting pretty close to the end of this story.
35. Homecoming, Housewarming by PeaceHeather - Likes: 44 Comments: 39 Word Count: 3,784 Hit Count: 1,418
And here we are at the end. So many thanks to all of you who have read and especially those who have taken the time to review. You kept me going through some difficult spots in the writing process, and I really appreciate it.