At Rest by Maia [G]
Summary: Buffy is deeply in love with William, but she misses Spike. On the Valentine's Day before their wedding, Buffy watches William sleep, and says good-bye to Spike.
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Categories: Post-Series, Alternate Reality
Characters: Buffy, Spike, William
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: None
Completed: Yes Chapters: 1
Word count: 1,665 Hit Count: 675 ePub Downloads: 36
Published: February 14, 2009 Updated: February 14, 2009


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

1. Chapter 1 by Maia - Likes: 12 Comments: 7 Word Count: 1,665 Hit Count: 675

Disclaimer:  All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


 

 

Author's Notes:
-"At Rest" takes place in my Gifts-verse AU, where Spike was resurrected as a human after dying in "Chosen" in 2003 (so the 5th season of Angel never happened).

-After becoming human again, Spike went back to the name William and did not contact any of the Scoobies. Five years later, in June 2008, Dawn accidentally met William-formerly-Spike in New York City. A few weeks after that, William and Buffy were also reunited.

-"At Rest" takes place nearly 8 months after Buffy and William's reunion, on Valentine's Day 2009. Buffy and William are engaged (and will be married in August 2009).

-William remembers his unlife as a vampire, but it feels much farther away in time to him than his life as a human before he was turned. However, William's memories of being a vampire have had a profound effect on him.

 

 

"At Rest" was first posted on February 14, 2008 in the seasonal_spuffy community on Livejournal.

Many, many thanks to Gillo for beta-reading and excellent suggestions!