EDIT 27/2: BANNER CLAIMING IS OPEN
We’ve had a massive amount of art submitted for this event, way more than I anticipated (and I’d set my expectations pretty high). In fact, I’m still receiving banner and challenge submissions, and they will continue to be accepted and added to the Banner Master List right up until 11:59pm on the 26th of Feb.
A little reminder of the Event dates before we get down to business:
Banner submission: 10th – 26th of February
Banner claims open: 27th of February
Banner claims confirmed: 1st – 3rd of March
Writing time: from banner confirmation (beginning 1st of March) onwards. Please do not write for a banner until you receive email confirmation it is yours.
Fic submissions: posting to begin between the 1st – 30th of April
Firstly, by signing up for a banner, you are agreeing to comply with the rules and regs for the event, and write a fic with the following specifics:
- Length: Minimum length 1,500 words, maximum completely up to you!
- Characters: Buffy, Spike, any other characters shown in the banner or mentioned in the artists challenge details.
- Content Specifications: Must abide by the Must and Can’t Haves specified by the artist. Obviously the Can Haves is voluntary. All fic MUST follow the guidelines set by the banner artist, unless changes are agreed upon by both parties.
- Dates: no posting of the fic on the archive (or anywhere else) until the 1st of April.
- Banner claims are for new fic only, not to be attached to an existing story.
- The banner must accompany the fic when it is posted on the archive. Modification of the banner with fic title and author name should be discussed with artist once the first part/chapter is ready for publishing. Authors, I will put you in contact with the artist during the banner selection process.
What you need to know about claiming a banner:
- There will be no early requests. The banner claiming process opens at 12:00am 27th of February. This is firm – early requests will not be accepted. If you have your eye set on a particular pretty, please keep an eye on the site clock to ensure your request is valid. The site clock is on the Shoutbox on the main page of the archive for anyone looking for it.
- Each banner will ONLY be allocated once, and it will be first come, first serve. The confirmation process for the last time we ran this event went down to the second (in terms of determining who is allocated particular banners if there are multiple requests for one piece), so make sure you are ready to hit send on the email when sign ups commence.
- Authors will be allocated one banner for Round 1 signups. If you are interested in writing for more than one challenge (and claiming more than one banner) there will be secondary signup round(s) for unclaimed banners (dates to be confirmed in a news post after Round 1 claims are confirmed).
- Authors, you are advised to ensure your signup email to claim a banner includes your top three preferences, in case your first or second is chosen. If you want to list more preferences than that, that’s perfectly fine. But understand you will only be allocated one banner to begin with, as mentioned above.
To claim a banner:
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Author penname:
- Email address you want shared with your artist: (so contact can be set up with the artist for text additions)
- Banner request: List your top 3 banner choice(s) by title (number) and artist name, in order of preference.
And that’s it.
How do I know if my selection has been accepted?
- Between the 1st and 3rd of March confirmation emails will be sent to authors identifying which of your banner choices you have been successful in attaining. So please don't start writing until you receive your confirmation email.
- Your Elysian Fields ID will also be linked with the banner on the master list page, which is why providing your penname is essential.
Any questions? Comment here or shoot me an email.
And when the time comes... happy claiming!
--Amy on February 25, 2021 05:47am 13 Comments