Past Featured Story
Summary: When 16-year-old Buffy wakes up one morning to find herself inexplicably in the body of her 20-year-old self, she isn't too wigged; just another day on the Hellmouth, right? She doesn't think it'll be too hard to get herself back to where she belongs. At first. As it turns out, things aren't that simple. Now she has to find a way to adjust to a future she could never have imagined in her wildest dreams (or worst nightmares) and come to grips with the fact that she may be happier never recovering that which she's 'lost' then she ever could've been otherwise.
Season 5 re-write; No Dawn/No Glory AU
Slow Burn!
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Categories: Season 1, Season 5
Characters: None
Genres: Dramedy, Fluffy/Comedy, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Violence
Completed: No Chapters: 11
Word count: 64,208 Hit Count: 13,377 ePub Downloads: 135
Published: April 20, 2018 Updated: August 31, 2018


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

View All Chapters

Story Notes: According to the timelines I could find online, in Season 1 of BtVS, episodes 1-6 (Welcome to the Hellmouth through The Pack) occurred in 1996 when Buffy was 15, then there was apparently a HUGE time jump and episode 7 (Angel) picked back up in 1997 after she turned 16. Since I didn't do proper research before I started writing, I thought Buffy was 16 through the entirety of S1 but! She's not. I fixed this in my fic by having her repeat her Sophomore year of HS due everything that went down with Lothos in LA (which I don't think is unreasonable). Sorry for any confusion. ^^;
Also, I'mma go ahead and warn y'all ahead of time: this fic is completely self-indulgent. There will be plot, there will be character development, and at some point in the future, there will be smut, but if you're looking for a super-duper in-character fic that follows canon meticulously, this is probably not the fic for you. (: Not to say I'm not gonna try and keep everyone as in-character as I can! But, well...why don't I just let you read and decide for yourselves yeah?

1. Lightning Never Strikes Twice by Wroth_and_ruin - Likes: 48 Comments: 30 Word Count: 3,859 Hit Count: 2,930 Published: April 20, 2018

Chapter title taken from 'Huey Lewis and the News-Back In Time'

Well I'm nervous! Never written for this fandom before and it's been a long ass time since I've attempted anything approaching romance. Here's hoping I don't mess it up too badly, yeah? 

And without further ado: here's hoping you enjoy the first chapter! 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

2. A Day Like Any Other Day by Wroth_and_ruin - Likes: 33 Comments: 14 Word Count: 4,160 Hit Count: 1,152 Published: April 27, 2018

Oh my goodness you guys are so nice! :D Thank you so much for all your reviews and 'likes'! I'm glad y'all are liking it so far. (: Since I actually already have a few chapters written (for once in my life) I guess I'll go ahead and make Friday night (American CST) my update time until I run out of stockpiled chapters. Hope you guys enjoy!

Chapter title taken from 'Foreigner-Long, Long Way From Home'

3. Such A Lovely Place, Such A Lovely Face by Wroth_and_ruin - Likes: 38 Comments: 20 Word Count: 5,287 Hit Count: 1,182 Published: May 04, 2018

Thanks so much to everyone who's still sticking with this story and taking the time to like/review! :D You guys are the real MVPs. 

This is probably a good time to mention I don't have a beta and there's only so many times I can read my own writing before my eyes just skip over the mistakes so just so ya know: any mistakes you see are mine. Sorry in advance. ^^; Hope you enjoy the chapter! (:

Chapter title taken from 'The Eagles-Hotel California'

4. Tell Me Sweetie, What's My Name? by Wroth_and_ruin - Likes: 39 Comments: 18 Word Count: 5,474 Hit Count: 1,202 Published: May 11, 2018

Wow you guys, thanks so much to everyone who liked/commented on the last chapter! I'm glad y'all liked that twist but I hope you also made a note when I said it's only gonna get more complicated from there. (; Not in this chapter though.

A couple of y'all have been asking when Spike is gonna show up and I'm happy to tell you the wait is over! This chapter is pretty much all Spuffy interaction so I hope y'all enjoy that! (: I do wanna warn you guys though, when I said this is a slow burn fic I meant slow burn. I'm incapable of writing short fics y'all. I just can't do it. So I hope y'all are prepared to be in it for the long haul because we are only barely getting started here.

Also. Uh. This chapter sorta accidentally turned into several thousand words worth of Spike-thirst? Not sure how that happened. Pretty sure y'all don't mind that though. (; Enjoy!

Chapter title taken from 'The Rolling Stones-Sympathy For the Devil'

5. Speaking Words of Wisdom by Wroth_and_ruin - Likes: 33 Comments: 15 Word Count: 5,812 Hit Count: 1,119 Published: May 18, 2018

Eek! I'm so glad to hear you guys enjoyed the last chapter! :D I'm gonna warn y'all now though, while this chapter isn't angsty per se (because I don't really do angst), it is pretty emotionally heavy. 

Mild warnings for this chapter, if you're claustrophobic or have a fear of hospitals (as I do), the contents of this chapter might freak you out a little. Nothing graphic or too crazy but proceed with caution y'all. Hope you enjoy anyway!

Chapter title taken from 'The Beatles-Let It Be'

6. Search For Tomorrow On Every Shore by Wroth_and_ruin - Likes: 43 Comments: 19 Word Count: 6,847 Hit Count: 978 Published: May 25, 2018

Okay guys this is the last of the chapters I have already written so we're entering a gray area, update wise. I may or may not update next week? I have a chunk of the next chapter written but I might skip next week to take the time make sure it's all written/edited properly. So don't be surprised if there's no update next Friday!

As always thanks to everyone who's following this story and to everyone who comments and likes! :D I love hearing from you guys! 

Chapter title taken from 'Styx-Come Sail Away'

7. Lookin' For A Pot Of Gold by Wroth_and_ruin - Likes: 48 Comments: 22 Word Count: 6,048 Hit Count: 938 Published: June 08, 2018

Hey guys! :D Long time no see! I know it's only been two weeks but it felt longer. ^^ Thank you so much to everyone who commented on the last chapter. You guys are all the best and I'm so glad y'all seem to be liking this story so far!

End notes are gonna be a little lengthy so without further ado, hope you enjoy the chapter. (:

Chapter title taken from 'Creedence Clearwater Revival-Lodi'

8. You Got To Be Free by Wroth_and_ruin - Likes: 47 Comments: 27 Word Count: 6,500 Hit Count: 907 Published: June 29, 2018

Hey y'all! :D Sorry for the lateness of this chapter. ^^; Truthfully the majority of it was written last Friday but the last scene (the longest and most important scene ofc) wasn't even started yet so the update had to be delayed because life. 

Thank you all so much to everyone who has reviewed/read/liked this story so far! You guys are the best seriously. 

I'mma go ahead and tell y'all now the next chapter is really important to the story Spuffy wise (don't get too excited-slow burn remember?) so it'll probably be another two weeks until the next chapter while I get all the details of that one worked out. Hope you enjoy this chapter in the meantime! (:

Chapter title taken from 'The Beatles-Come Together'

9. Stranger In This Town by Wroth_and_ruin - Likes: 44 Comments: 29 Word Count: 6,248 Hit Count: 973 Published: July 13, 2018

ARGH! Take this chapter! Just take it! I'm gonna drive myself crazy if I fuss with it anymore so here just take it!!

You guys I must've nitpicked this chapter more than I've nitpicked any of them so far, changing a line here and there, deleting this or that, adding, subtracting, etc. for like a week now. I'm gonna drive myself nuts! (Probably still didn't get all the typing mistakes unfortunately. Oops. ^^;)

I'm actually pretty happy with how this chapter turned out though. (: You guys might not agree with me by the time you get to the end. However, this is a very important chapter that's been mostly planned out since before I even started writing the main fic, so stick with me, okay? Hope you guys enjoy. 

Also, I paraphrased a line from the Season 5 episode "The Replacements" in the first paragraph. It seemed fitting.

(Chapter title taken from Billy Squier-Lonely is the Night)

10. On A Long Summer Day by Wroth_and_ruin - Likes: 45 Comments: 22 Word Count: 7,632 Hit Count: 1,099 Published: August 10, 2018

Hi, y'all, sorry it's been, uh. A bajillion years. Seriously, an entire month?? What the heck Wroth get your shit together.

To make up for it have the accidentally longest chapter of the story so far? ^^; I dunno guys it just ended up that way. This puppy is 7.6k words long. Yowza. Hope you guys like long chapters! I swear, the chapter title wasn't even supposed to be a pun!

As always thanks to everyone who reviewed last time and I hope y'all enjoy the chapter. (: Thanks for sticking with me.

(Chapter title taken from 'Journey-Wheel In the Sky')

11. Let Loose, From the Noose by Wroth_and_ruin - Likes: 42 Comments: 26 Word Count: 6,341 Hit Count: 897 Published: August 31, 2018

So! Three weeks this time but hey, at least it's not a month! XD Small favors, yeah?

Fair warning for this chapter: I don't have a beta and for various reasons I didn't read over this chapter as compulsively as I usually do before posting so while hopefully there won't be too many typos or errors, if there are, I apologize in advance.

Oh my gosh, exciting news you guys: this story has been featured! :D AND! Someone nominated me for author of the month! :O To whoever that was, thank you so much! That was so nice of you! ^^

Other than that, there's not much to say so let's get right to it! Hope you enjoy. (:

Chapter title taken from 'AC/DC-Back In Black'