Past Featured Story
Summary: When Glory captured Dawn, this had nearly broken Buffy—mind, body, and soul.  While trapped in her own mind, what if in place of false memories of Dawn and the moment of giving up, she was brought back to a time of fond childhood memories of a faraway land with talking animals, tea parties, and meeting a curious White Rabbit.  And it was following this chance meeting, Buffy began on a whole new journey.  Where along the way she was reunited with many, familiar yet not so familiar, friends and foes. The mind can be a wondrous place, can it not?
 
For those hesitant about this story, this is not switching out one character for another, a retelling, or rehashing of any story, movie, or combination thereof.  Hopefully you will give it a chance!  Big hugs-BBE
 
 I would like to thank whomever nominated me for Author of the Month for November.  My heartfelt gratitude.

Many thanks to Dauntlessgrace for the beautiful banner.  This story is my contribution to the Reunion Challenge.
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Categories: Season 5
Characters: None
Genres: Action/Adventure, Fluffy/Comedy, Lighthearted
Warnings: Adult Language
Event: Reunion Challenge 2017
Completed: Yes Chapters: 7
Word count: 16,335 Hit Count: 6,432 ePub Downloads: 93
Published: October 01, 2017 Updated: October 31, 2017


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

View All Chapters

Story Notes: Hello all!  For some odd reason, my backyard this year had an abundance of rabbits; it was quite Watership Down-ish out there!  However, my dog doesn't appreciate a good novel, nor the additional company.  So in an attempt of ridding her yard of the unwelcomed guests, she chased the rabbits—and can you guess what my dog’s name happens to be? That’s right, Molly.  So this story came to me, during those times when Molly was doing some housekeeping.  Enjoy!   
 
Please heed this warning: this story is not one of replacing one character for another, a retelling, or rehashing of any story, movie, or combination thereof.  This story is mainly a hearty helping of my crazy imagination, with a mishmash of Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll and Alice in Wonderland cartoon by Walt Disney used as backdrops to my perception of Buffy’s memories. Shaken, not stirred, and voila! C’est complete (or almost complete)!        
All chapter banners made by my two little hands       

1. Chapter One: Down the Rabbit's Hole? by Behind Blue Eyes - Likes: 15 Comments: 16 Word Count: 1,977 Hit Count: 1,520 Published: October 01, 2017

2. Chapter Two: Two/owT of a Kind by Behind Blue Eyes - Likes: 17 Comments: 10 Word Count: 2,206 Hit Count: 712 Published: October 02, 2017

3. Chapter Three: Advice from a Cat by Behind Blue Eyes - Likes: 19 Comments: 11 Word Count: 2,178 Hit Count: 732 Published: October 08, 2017

I would like to take a moment to those who are following this story, and a special thank you to: yellowb, Gort, magnus374, jadeunicorn, pfeifferpack, and especially DauntlessGrace.  Please know, despite the lack of readers, it's the readers that I do have that counts.  Also, I still have another three chapters completed, and only two more to finalize this story, so please know I won't keep you waiting for the next chapter.

Now, this is so far, is my favorite chapter. ;)

4. Chapter Four: Who are You? by Behind Blue Eyes - Likes: 16 Comments: 11 Word Count: 1,888 Hit Count: 1,049 Published: October 13, 2017

5. Chapter Five: A Smile without a Cat, a Smirk without a Vampire by Behind Blue Eyes - Likes: 17 Comments: 11 Word Count: 2,843 Hit Count: 665 Published: October 18, 2017

Well, here's the next installment.  I hope you enjoy reading this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it.  

6. Chapter Six: The Sound of Madness by Behind Blue Eyes - Likes: 17 Comments: 12 Word Count: 2,098 Hit Count: 1,060 Published: October 22, 2017

I've been looking forward to posting this chapter since I've finished it over a month ago.  The title of this chapter was borrowed from Shinedown's song and album of the same name.  If you're interested, the song is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGt-8adyabk

I would like to thank all those who has taken the time to leave a review: jadeunicorn, magnus, fraggleshrew, medievalchic, RAGAnne80, yellowb, and of course, the amazing DauntlessGrace. I also would like those who haven't left a review but still are taking this journey with me.  Thank you.

I would like to give a special thank you to pfeifferpack, for her ever faithful, amazing and insightful reviews, and for keeping Spuffy alive even after all these years.  Thank you.

7. Chapter Seven: The Red Queen's on the Chessboard by Behind Blue Eyes - Likes: 22 Comments: 13 Word Count: 3,145 Hit Count: 694 Published: October 31, 2017

Well, this is the end.  Initially I planned for one more, but after I finished this chapter, I just knew I was done.  

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those whom have followed this story and let me know their thoughts.  I can't express how much it means to me.  Thank you.

And lastly, I would like to give a special thanks to DauntlessGrace who looked over my chapters, fixed my boo-boos (see what I did there?) and was overall an amazing lady!  hug

 

11/1/17  I was made aware that The Red Queen is an actual character from Through the Looking Glass.  I hadn't read this book, so I was completely unaware and just thought I was being witty calling Willow The Red Queen.  Guess not.  Also, I borrowed the title of this chapter from Jefferson Airplanes song White Rabbit, when the make reference to 'The Red Queens on the Chessboard.'  

In this instance Willow is the Queen of Hearts, which in my defense, often  is interchanged with The Red Queen.  Sorry for any confusion.

Hope all can still enjoy.