Past Featured Story
Summary: Set right after Dead Things.
The night after, all he wants is talk.
The night after, there’s nothing she wants less than talking.
And suddenly they find themselves in another dimension; one that Buffy can’t leave. There’s only one way to get her out. A way with consequences.
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Categories: Season 6, Alternate Reality
Characters: Buffy, Spike
Genres: Angst, Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Sexual Situations, Violence
Completed: Yes Chapters: 19
Word count: 100,429 Hit Count: 42,519 ePub Downloads: 401
Published: November 10, 2015 Updated: February 14, 2016


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

View All Chapters

Story Notes: The story is completely written, apart from some editing, and it's a long one. The warnings are not about anything grave. Nothing that can't be seen in the show too.
Disclaimer: The characters belong to Joss Whedon and Mutent Enemy. Most of the settings too. The plot is mine, and so are one demon and the veil. I don't earn anything, copyright infringement is certainly not intended.
 
The beautiful banner is a surprise gift from the wonderful solstice! Thank you so much!

1. Chapter 1: After the Storm (Part I) by Freecat - Likes: 33 Comments: 27 Word Count: 4,330 Hit Count: 5,884 Published: November 10, 2015

A huge thanks to my great and fast beta SeaPea; I contacted her for the first time not 24 hours ago, and now I'm already posting!

2. Chapter 2: Promises, Promises by Freecat - Likes: 22 Comments: 12 Word Count: 6,111 Hit Count: 2,729 Published: November 13, 2015

Thank you guys for the kind reception, and a special thanks to those who took the time to review! I'm glad you liked it so far.

This is a long one...

A huge thanks goes to my great Beta - thank you, SeaPea!!

3. Chapter 3: Do not go gentle by Freecat - Likes: 22 Comments: 12 Word Count: 3,493 Hit Count: 2,417 Published: November 17, 2015

Thanks for the support, you guys!

This one is the shortest of all chapters (I think). I hope you don't mind.

Betaed again by the wonderful SeaPea - Thank you!

4. Chapter 4: Revelations by Freecat - Likes: 26 Comments: 16 Word Count: 5,332 Hit Count: 2,079 Published: November 20, 2015

Thank you so much for your support, all of you who wrote amazing reviews and liked or added the story to their favorites!

So, let's see what Buffy will do, all alone. And what about Spike, where will he go next?

My special thanks as always to my amazing beta SeaPea!

5. Chapter 5: Journeys by Freecat - Likes: 27 Comments: 16 Word Count: 4,433 Hit Count: 2,082 Published: November 24, 2015

I'm so happy about the amount of people following my story! I never thought anybody would be interested at all in it, what with all those fantastic writers on this site! An then I get such a warm welcome and so wonderful reviews, it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside! Thank you all so much!

Special thanks as always to my wonderfully patient beta SeaPea Flowers! It's her who prevents you from auto-correcting in your mind while reading!

6. Chapter 6: A new man by Freecat - Likes: 27 Comments: 14 Word Count: 4,524 Hit Count: 1,969 Published: December 02, 2015

Sorry it took a while to update, but here it is.

It's betaed, as usual, by the wonderful SeaPea - thank you so much Hug!

 

And to all of you who hit the like button and especially those who took the time to write a review - you made my days! I'm so happy about each and every one of them Squee! Thank you !!!

Hope you'll enjoy this one, too...

7. Chapter 7: Home sweet home by Freecat - Likes: 27 Comments: 17 Word Count: 4,235 Hit Count: 1,924 Published: December 10, 2015

I've been completely blown away by the many Likes and the fantastic reviews I got! You are awesome!

My fabulous beta SeaPea, who had a super busy week, took still the time to beta this chapter!

Any weirdnesses that are still there are to blame on me, because I couldn't keep my fingers away and tweaked some bits a little.

After a whole Spike centric chapter, this one starts with Buffy. Enjoy!

8. Chapter 8: Crying shame by Freecat - Likes: 28 Comments: 13 Word Count: 5,023 Hit Count: 2,041 Published: December 13, 2015

You guys, your awesome reviews really made my days! My kids feel a little neglected at times, but when they see me beaming with a new review they are happy with me! Thank you all so much!

This is betaed again by the fantastic SeaPea - thank you  Hug!

And now let's see what Buffy is going to do...

9. Chapter 9: The pain that you feel by Freecat - Likes: 26 Comments: 14 Word Count: 5,904 Hit Count: 1,968 Published: December 19, 2015

Oh man, the fabulous revies I'm getting, it's incredible! Thank you so much, guys! I'm just hoping I'm not letting you down...

A HUGE thank you to my great beta SeaPea! THANK YOU!

10. Chapter 10: Go on living by Freecat - Likes: 26 Comments: 11 Word Count: 4,373 Hit Count: 1,839 Published: December 22, 2015

Thank you all so much for the continued great response to my story! Each and every review and also the many Likes make me so happy!

I wish all of you who celebrate a verry happy Christmas and maybe a little snow (we will have 14 degree (Celsius)! Sad). Those of you who celebrate something else - have a very happy time, too! (And - maybe a little snow Smile)

SeaPea, thank you so much for your great work on beta-ing this!

11. Chapter 11: Findings by Freecat - Likes: 26 Comments: 15 Word Count: 7,630 Hit Count: 1,910 Published: December 27, 2015

My wonderful beta SeaPea gave me a Boxing Day present - she took the time to beta even during the holidays! Isn't she fantastic???

I hope you all had nice holidays and a peaceful time!

Thank you all so much for your great reviews! You have no idea how happy each one of them made me!

Here comes the next chapter chock-full of thinky thoughts, and as always I'm nervous that you're gonna be bored...Embarrassed

But on the upside, there are also some - well, findings...

Here goes!

 

12. Chapter 12: Silent Lucidity by Freecat - Likes: 28 Comments: 17 Word Count: 5,320 Hit Count: 2,341 Published: January 01, 2016

I wish you all a very happy new year!

My wonderful beta SeaPea gave me another present: A New Year's present! I got the new chapter from her when the new year was only an hour old. She's so great!

Again, I was blown away by all your wonderful reviews! I'm happy about each and every one! I love the essays some of you write, but I'm happy about short ones too! This and the likes I get are the only way to see if and what you liked, so thanks to all of you!

Let's see now what made Buffy scream...

13. Chapter 13: Of Monsters and Men by Freecat - Likes: 27 Comments: 14 Word Count: 6,563 Hit Count: 1,881 Published: January 09, 2016

Thanks again to all you amazing guys for taking the time to tell me what you liked! You have no idea what your reviews (and the Likes, too!) mean to me!

I'm sorry for the delay, but here it is, the next chapter.

It's, as always, wonderfully betaed by SeaPea - thank you so much for that!

 

Bits and pieces of dialogue from FFL, The Gift, Dead Things and Smashed

14. Chapter 14: Sigh no more by Freecat - Likes: 26 Comments: 15 Word Count: 5,703 Hit Count: 1,902 Published: January 12, 2016

Honestly, I don't have any words left for how amazing you all are! I get the bestest reviews ever! Thank you so much, you really make my days, for weeks now!!!

My awesome beta SeaPea, who's doing such a great job from the beginning, did it here again Smile Thank you, thank you!!!

So, here's the next chapter.

Don't beat me to death with a shovel...

 

15. Chapter 15: Twice removed by Freecat - Likes: 25 Comments: 14 Word Count: 4,560 Hit Count: 1,675 Published: January 16, 2016

Thank you all for your amazing reviews, and for not killing me...

This is as always betaed by the amazing SeaPea - thank you so very much!

16. Chapter 16: Ghosts that we knew by Freecat - Likes: 28 Comments: 14 Word Count: 4,703 Hit Count: 1,627 Published: January 22, 2016

Thank you so much for your amazing reviews, again!!! I'm so glad you guys are still reading and liking!

And thank you again to my fantastic and patient beta, SeaPea - you rock!

I'm sorry for the delay, I was terribly busy the last two weeks.

Luckily the last chapter didn't end with a cliffhanger...Big Grin

17. Chapter 17: Behind blue eyes by Freecat - Likes: 22 Comments: 13 Word Count: 4,388 Hit Count: 1,921 Published: January 28, 2016

All these awesome reviews again! You guys are really incredible! Thank you so much!

I'm sorry that it takes a little longer to post new chapters lately. RL is being a bitca; I have so much work to do, it's crazy right now.

My wonderful beta is totally innocent; she sent me the thing already two days ago. She's the best.

Well, here it goes...

18. Chapter 18: Awake my Soul by Freecat - Likes: 22 Comments: 17 Word Count: 6,295 Hit Count: 1,744 Published: February 02, 2016

Man, words can not express how indescribably happy I am! A HUGE thank you to those of you who voted for me for being author of the month! squee  I still can't believe that there are people who deem my story worthy for that, seeing how many great authors are on this wonderful site! Thank you, thank you!!! This means so much to me!

And then there are of course your wonderful reviews and all the praise that pours down on me.Thank you for all the support you're giving me!

And a heartfelt thank you once more to my fantastic beta SeaPea, who sent me the chapter back after just a few hours, because I totally had forgotten that I hadn't sent it to her...

So, here goes...

19. Chapter 19: After the Storm (Part II) by Freecat - Likes: 60 Comments: 41 Word Count: 7,509 Hit Count: 2,585 Published: February 14, 2016

I can't believe we're at the end of the journey...

I can't thank you enough for what you gave me - those who read, those who liked or favorited, those who voted for me and, of course and above all else, those who left me these amazing reviews! I didn't expect anything when I began to post, was afraid I'd bore the hell out of you - and then I got THIS! You are the best!

A huge thanks to pfeifferpack, magnus374, EmilytheSlayer and thenebuzwuzz who commented on every single chapter, and to All4Spike, who joined the party at chapter 3 and commented ever since!

And one more time a very special thanks to my beta SeaPea! Fast, patient, kind and incredibly sensitive in her correcting - that's what made working with her a real pleasure! Thank you, gal!

So, here it is, the last chapter. I hope you enjoy it and won't feel let down...