Summary:  
Life has not always been easy for Spike and Buffy. Yet through it all they have had one another. That is until one tragic event tears them apart. Will they find their way back to one another? Their story starts with two lonely kids and one amazing friendship. That sweet little friendship develops into something that neither of them could ever have dreamed of.
 
Follow Spuffy from adolescence to adulthood, through trials and tribulations, as they grow into who they are today. AU All human, pure Spuffy goodness
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Categories: Alternate Reality, All Human, Baby/Kid Fic
Characters: Angel, Anya, Buffy, Charles Gunn, Connor, Cordelia, Darla, Dawn, Drusilla, Faith Lehane, Fred, Giles, Harmony, Joyce, Lorne, Oz, Riley Finn, Spike, Tara, Wesley, William, Willow, Xander
Genres: Angst, Drama, Porn w/ Plot, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Attempted Rape, Buffy/Other (Temp), Child Abuse, Substance Use/Addiction, Sexual Situations, Spike/Other (Temp)
Completed: No Chapters: 28
Word count: 133,372 Hit Count: 34,831 ePub Downloads: 99
Published: May 15, 2014 Updated: May 29, 2017


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

View All Chapters

Story Notes: This is a story that I have had poking around in my head for quite some time now. It stems from a dream and has developed from there. This fic will span almost 20 years, following Spuffy through good time and bad.
I want to thank my beta SlayerDaniWho for all her help and fine tuning. Of course, Reviews are greatly appreciated, and if you enjoy The Story, please share it. If anyone is interested, the title of this fic comes from the song The Story by Brandi Carlisle. 
 
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
 


1. Chapter 1 by missambermarie - Likes: 6 Comments: 12 Word Count: 3,183 Hit Count: 3,277 Published: May 14, 2014

"I know what it's like. Being so hurt that you don't think you're going to make it. But you know what worked? I told my friends how I felt. And things got a little easier."

-BTVS

2. Chapter 2 by missambermarie - Likes: 5 Comments: 4 Word Count: 6,794 Hit Count: 1,546 Published: May 21, 2014

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read my story and especially to those who reviewed, liked, and favorited it. I truly appreciate it and it is a great motivator to continue. My beta, Dani, and I both decided  this chapter would be best in two parts. I am presenting to you Part One of Chapter 2. Again, please let me know what you think! Reviews are greatly appreciated. Enjoy!

3. Chapter 3 by missambermarie - Likes: 5 Comments: 4 Word Count: 6,489 Hit Count: 1,668 Published: May 22, 2014

Ok, I was going to hold off on posting this one until next week (im trying to update once a week), but I just can't wait. I'm dying to see how you all feel about Spuffys make-up scene lol! I will be going out of town this weekend, so please excuse me if I dont update until the first week in June. I'm still aiming for once a week right now, but just a warning just in case.

 

Thank you a zillion times to everyone who has reviewed. It really revives my muse and gets my writing juices going. Also, a HUGE thanks to my amazing beta, Dani. Without her this story would not be nearly as good as it is. 

 

Enjoy! :)

4. Chapter 4 by missambermarie - Likes: 5 Comments: 3 Word Count: 8,370 Hit Count: 1,546 Published: July 21, 2014

I am so sorry that it took me so long to get this story updated. Life happened, and it got pretty hectic. Please review!! More to come, hopefully soon!

5. Chapter 5 by missambermarie - Likes: 4 Comments: 2 Word Count: 5,996 Hit Count: 1,434 Published: August 04, 2014

Sorry for the wait! Enjoy!

6. Chapter 6 by missambermarie - Likes: 2 Comments: 1 Word Count: 4,987 Hit Count: 1,450 Published: August 23, 2014

Please review and like guys! It really helps motivate me to continue. I want to remind you that I have the whole story outlined and the next few years for our Spuffy is going to get much more dramatic. I havea  VERY hectic life right now and it really helps me write when I see reviews or even likes. Thanks again to all the loyal readers and of course to Dani!!

7. Chapter 7 by missambermarie - Likes: 4 Comments: 2 Word Count: 4,290 Hit Count: 1,334 Published: October 06, 2014

Sorry this has taken so long! Since Summer has ended life has been jam packed. Hope you all enjoy, and dont forget to like, comment, and share The Story!

8. Chapter 8 by missambermarie - Likes: 5 Comments: 3 Word Count: 7,410 Hit Count: 1,333 Published: November 16, 2014

Thank you to my beta, Dani, and to all my readers, especially those who have reviewed, shelved, and like my fic. Dont forget to review! While this story has already been planne out to the end, it is always helpful to hear others thoughts and suggestions on what they would like to see. Enjoy!

9. Chapter 9 by missambermarie - Likes: 2 Comments: 2 Word Count: 6,295 Hit Count: 1,911 Published: November 20, 2014

Thank you for reading! If you're interesting in supporting Spuffy, you can read my article on the couple at http://missambermarie.hubpages.com/hub/Why-Spike-Is-Clearly-Meant-To-Be-With-Buffy and vote for Spike. :)

10. Chapter 10 by missambermarie - Likes: 3 Comments: 4 Word Count: 4,420 Hit Count: 1,236 Published: November 29, 2014

Thank you to everyone who has reviewed, liked, or shared The Story. I appreciate every one of you. Things are going to be getting pretty serious for Spuffy from here on out. In fact I would say this chapter is the start of possibly the most trying times for them. Again, please remember to let me know how you feel and any suggestions you might have. Lastly, thanks to my beta Dani!!

 

11. Chapter11 by missambermarie - Likes: 4 Comments: 2 Word Count: 4,511 Hit Count: 1,254 Published: December 10, 2014

Spuffy has been through quite a lot up to this point, and it is only going to get rougher. For that reason, I wanted to present you with a purely positive chapter. Enjoy it, because new issues will soon arise for our favorite couple. Let me know what you think!

12. Chapter 12 by missambermarie - Likes: 3 Comments: 4 Word Count: 1,651 Hit Count: 1,114 Published: December 23, 2014

Big thanks to Dan, best beta EVER btw. Also, I want to thank every one who has read, favorited, and reviewed The Story. Each read, favorite, and review means a lot to me. This is a shorter chapter, but it's pretty intense. Enjoy!

 

13. Chapter 13 by missambermarie - Likes: 3 Comments: 4 Word Count: 3,625 Hit Count: 1,060 Published: December 28, 2014

"Every single person down there is ignoring your pain because they're too busy with their own. The beautiful ones. The popular ones. The guys that pick on you. Everyone. If you could hear what they were feeling. The loneliness. The confusion. It looks quiet down there. It's not. It's deafening." 

14. Chapter 14 by missambermarie - Likes: 4 Comments: 2 Word Count: 2,962 Hit Count: 1,082 Published: January 03, 2015

Some fluff to make up for the super duper drama of the last couple chapters. Enjoy! Don't forget to let me kno what you think! 

15. Chapter 15 by missambermarie - Likes: 3 Comments: 2 Word Count: 3,823 Hit Count: 1,102 Published: January 16, 2015

16. Chapter 16 by missambermarie - Likes: 3 Comments: 1 Word Count: 1,668 Hit Count: 1,015 Published: January 21, 2015

First, I want to thank all of you for reading my story. We had over a hundred views in the last few days! And an extra thank you to Dani, my beta, and to Blue Eyes2 for reviewing! Enjoy!

17. Chapter 17 by missambermarie - Likes: 4 Comments: 3 Word Count: 3,006 Hit Count: 1,045 Published: February 02, 2015

Thank you again to all the readers and especially those who review and/or favorite and like. I appreciate every single one of you. Enjoy!

18. Chapter 18 by missambermarie - Likes: 4 Comments: 2 Word Count: 3,491 Hit Count: 1,001 Published: February 06, 2015

19. Chapter 19 by missambermarie - Likes: 4 Comments: 2 Word Count: 4,006 Hit Count: 933 Published: February 09, 2015

Ok, I was going to wait to post this, but I am just to anxious. This chapter is going to introduce a lot of intensity into the story. Enjoy!

20. Chapter 20 by missambermarie - Likes: 6 Comments: 8 Word Count: 3,818 Hit Count: 996 Published: February 14, 2015

This was one of the hardest chapters for me to write. It is VERY angsty and emotional. We are about midway through the story now, and this is going to be a turning point for Spuffy. Please, trust me and understand this is just a piece (albeit a big one) of a bigger picture. 

21. Chapter 21 by missambermarie - Likes: 4 Comments: 5 Word Count: 5,590 Hit Count: 975 Published: February 17, 2015

Thank you to everyone whoreviewed last chapter. I really needed to hear some affirmation thatI hadnt chased all of you off. It was good getting to see the emotions the chapter invoked as well as your predictions for the story. I hope that the next few chapters really help you understand the turn the story is taking a little better. They should also better help you get into the minds of Buffy and Spike, to fully udnerstand their feelings and r easons behind their actions. Again, thank you to all of you readers and especially those that have taken the time to review. An extra special thanks to my beta, Dani, too!! Enjoy!

22. Chapter 22 by missambermarie - Likes: 4 Comments: 3 Word Count: 2,985 Hit Count: 972 Published: February 20, 2015

First, I want tot thank everyone for their reviews and for reading The Story. I loved hearing what everyone thinks, especialy about these more sensitive chapters. There were a few questions or comments I wanted to touch on real quick.

 

1) Harmony is definitely an evil bitch and her part in Spuffy's story is not over by any means, but right now the death of their son and those emotions/thoughts are trumping anything else. While they, especially Spike, have not forgottten, they have gone through a horrible ordeal that takes precedence. So, if you wonder why there's a lack of mention of Harmony, that is why.

 

2) Buffy is going to going through a lot of pain and because that pain is so strong, she is blinded by it. Blinded to Spike's feelings. I dont think she consciously blames Spike for the accident, but her own guilt and her grief are the cause of her acting out towards him. So, please forgive her for any callous behavior. 

 

And before we get to the chapter, I want to give a special thanks to my amazing beta, Dani, and a shout out to Nana. Enjoy the read! :)

23. Chapter 23 by missambermarie - Likes: 7 Comments: 7 Word Count: 5,477 Hit Count: 913 Published: March 10, 2015

Ok, so the next couple of chapters will mostly be the same events but broken down so that you can see it from both Buffy and Spike's POV's. Things are still extremely angsty if not more so. I appreciate all the support I've received on this story, all your reviews and likes. They really motivate me to keep writing. So once more, thank you to all of you!

 

And an extra special thanks to my beta, SlayerDaniWho, who just happened to post the first chapter to her own story last night. It's amazing! Check it out: Seeds of Time

24. Chapter 24 by missambermarie - Likes: 3 Comments: 4 Word Count: 3,555 Hit Count: 1,006 Published: March 17, 2015

Ok...don't hate me. You guys have to trust me. I love Spuffy. I would never let this story end any other way than happily. It might make you guys happy to know that the toughest part is just about over. 

25. Chapter 25 by missambermarie - Likes: 4 Comments: 4 Word Count: 7,145 Hit Count: 1,100 Published: April 06, 2015

So, I know the last chapter scared a few of you off, but I want to thank everyone who is reading now and will see the story through with me. I understand that the thought of Spike cheating drives most of us insane, but I wanted to empahsize the lows that their relationship had entered. I know the angst was a little much for some, but believe me when I say, while this story is still angst-ridden, none will enter the same realm of angst as the last chapter. Try to rememebr that even canon Spuffy did some extremely horrible things to one another (attempted rape much?), but somehow we cant stop rooting for them.

For the most part, the story will turn to focus on rebuilding the Spuffy relationship from the bottom up, starting at their base, friendship. Thats something that this Spuffy relationship has lost sight of. You'll understand a little more by the end of this chapter, what I have in store.

 

I want to give an extra special thanks to my beta, SlayerDaniWho, and to all the readers who have reviewed and "liked" The Story. I apprecaite each and every one of you. Enjoy!

26. Chapter 26 by missambermarie - Likes: 3 Comments: 3 Word Count: 8,601 Hit Count: 970 Published: February 20, 2016

I am so sorry for such a long wait. While I have this whole story lined up, I found myself stuck with the in betweens of it all. Some time has passed between the last chapter and this one. Our couple has grown up a bit, although denial is still a key term in their vocabulary.

 

Thanks for coming back to me after all this time btw! I hope you all enjoy. I think you will love what is to come for Spuffy.

 

Thanks once more to Dani for her amazing beta skills. :)

27. Chapter 27 by missambermarie - Likes: 5 Comments: 2 Word Count: 5,943 Hit Count: 825 Published: November 28, 2016

Hi guys! Thank you to anyone who is still reading after such a long hiatus as well as the drama of a few chapters back. I know it got pretty dark there and may still seem so, but there is much more in store for this Buffy and Spike. Happy days are on their way! After a few bumps...

 

Anyway, this hasn't been betaed so there may be some extra flaws. If anyone is interested in being a beta for this story, I would greatly appreciate it. Its always good to have a second opinion!

 

Enjoy!

28. Chapter 28 by missambermarie - Likes: 5 Comments: 4 Word Count: 3,281 Hit Count: 729 Published: May 29, 2017

Its been awhile. I've had a bit more time to play around with things the last few days. This chapter in particular was a bit of a filler to lead up to the big reunion/rebuilding chapters. I apologize for anything funky as this chapter has not been betaed. Please review! :)