Past Featured Story
Summary: It starts with a betrayal- and not the one that you were expecting.
Spike’s been tossed around by the Slayer too many times to count, but this time she’s gone too far. Her ritual of self-congratulatory humiliation has made him a laughing stock, and it’s the final straw. They’ve never been friends, but she’s forgotten that they are enemies.
No more of it.
But then the Slayer is shot, and the culprit is a freckle-faced eleven year old boy with a vendetta and wide, wet eyes. He’s an unlikely villain and the Scoobies can’t face interrogating him so Spike is tempted in to play Bad Cop while the Slayer lies unconscious in a hospital bed.
“To forgive is an act of compassion. It's not done because people deserve it, it's done because they need it.”

Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Categories: Season 5
Characters: Ensemble, Original Characters
Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst, Drama, Romance
Warnings: Adult Language, Buffy/Other (Temp)
Completed: No Chapters: 14
Word count: 44,202 Hit Count: 10,602 ePub Downloads: 101
Published: December 05, 2011 Updated: March 27, 2012


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

View All Chapters

1. Prologue - The Betrayal by Isha_Rose - Likes: 16 Comments: 14 Word Count: 2,966 Hit Count: 1,195

Hello all.
Here is something new for you, set at the beginning of an alternate season 5. I really hope that you enjoy it. If you do, please leave me love notes. If you don't, please leave me notes all the same.
The quote in the summary comes from Season 2's "I only have eyes for you" and was spoken by Giles.

Please note, I do not own Buffy the Vampire Slayer or any of its associated genius.  All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

2. Post-coital by Isha_Rose - Likes: 14 Comments: 11 Word Count: 1,593 Hit Count: 776

I'm absolutely thrilled to have made the featured list, so thank you thank you! I'm also very happy with the number of reviews. Spuffy fans make for the loveliest people.

Anyway, on with the story. I hope you enjoy...

3. The Shooter by Isha_Rose - Likes: 12 Comments: 9 Word Count: 4,362 Hit Count: 1,332
Hello everyone! Thanks again to all who reviewed on the last chapter- it really is rewarding to get such great feedback. This chapter is a little longer than the last and it brings us in to the real meat of the story. I hope that you enjoy it, and please do leave a review! Thank you :)

4. When she wakes by Isha_Rose - Likes: 21 Comments: 17 Word Count: 3,962 Hit Count: 784
Once again, huge thanks to all of you who have reviewed. It's hugely inspiring to see such great responses to this. I think to myself "Be strong! Don't post another chapter just yet!..." but then I see all of those lovely, waiting reviews and I cave in. Here is chapter 4. I really hope you enjoy it.

5. The Promise by Isha_Rose - Likes: 11 Comments: 8 Word Count: 3,549 Hit Count: 684
Hello all! Unfortunately this is just a fly-by posting, as I'm terribly busy at the moment (aren't we all?!) I promise to respond to all reviews as soon as I can. Hope you enjoy the chapter!

6. Confrontation by Isha_Rose - Likes: 15 Comments: 12 Word Count: 3,559 Hit Count: 663
Hello all. I hope you've had a smashing Christmas and have enjoyed a lovely break from work! Tomorrow means back to the real world for me, so I thought I'd get another chapter up to help soften the blow for anyone else stepping outside of the warm holiday glow of Christmas. As always, please leave me your thoughts at the end as I really appreciate any and all forms of feedback! Thank you :)

7. Reveal by Isha_Rose - Likes: 19 Comments: 17 Word Count: 2,721 Hit Count: 667

8. Tonight by Isha_Rose - Likes: 10 Comments: 7 Word Count: 1,991 Hit Count: 703

Hello again all. Here's another update for you, this fine Sunday afternoon. I hope you enjoy it, and as always, I love hearing from you!

9. The Show by Isha_Rose - Likes: 16 Comments: 13 Word Count: 3,049 Hit Count: 691

Thanks again and as usual.

10. Sobek by Isha_Rose - Likes: 8 Comments: 5 Word Count: 2,540 Hit Count: 621
Hello all. Enjoy enjoy enjoy!

11. Slayer dream by Isha_Rose - Likes: 9 Comments: 7 Word Count: 2,710 Hit Count: 589
Thanks to all who commented on chapter 10!

12. Hunters by Isha_Rose - Likes: 7 Comments: 5 Word Count: 3,075 Hit Count: 606

13. Crossing the line by Isha_Rose - Likes: 7 Comments: 6 Word Count: 4,939 Hit Count: 612

14. Matters of heart by Isha_Rose - Likes: 20 Comments: 19 Word Count: 3,186 Hit Count: 679