Summary: Set during the S5 episode Spiral. The Scoobies are keeping themselves occupied after the Slayer's retreat to the Winnebago's pseudo-bedroom. This time around, it's Spike- instead of Dawn -who comes to the door in hopes of offering her a bit of comfort and advice.
Many eons ago, this story was nominated at the Love's Last Glimpse awards (though for what categories, I can't remember), as well as the Vampire Kisses Awards for Best Short and Best Revamped. See A/N for short disclaimer on that though...
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Categories: Season 5, Episode Rewrite
Characters: Buffy, Spike
Genres: Drama, Fluffy/Comedy
Warnings: None
Completed: Yes Chapters: 1
Word count: 3,628 Hit Count: 634 ePub Downloads: 41
Published: June 25, 2011 Updated: June 27, 2011


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

1. Chapter 1 by cloud_forest - Likes: 17 Comments: 11 Word Count: 3,628 Hit Count: 634

Authorship: There is a slim possibility that you might recognize the title, and the summary of this story. You might also remember that said story was actually written by an author named 'Funky Chicken'. Let me just say right now that this story has not been plagiarized. I am Funky Chicken, Funky Chicken is me. I've simply changed my handle. So again, let me assure the maybe 1% of you who might recognize this story from a half-decade ago that I am most definitely the original author. No worries.

Old Bones: The original version of this story was written in late 2004, and was nominated for a couple of awards around that time (which- wow. Kind of blew me away, even just to be nominated). This is an updated, reworked version of that story... so if you've read it before, there's something new here for you. At the same time, those nominations (which I'm proud of/thankful for) belong to the old version. I can only hope that this one lives up to its predecessor :)

Stretching my Muscles: Finally, I'd like to say that it's been over a half-decade since I've published any Spuffy fanfiction. So, this is me easing back into an old pair of shoes. I hope you enjoy it, concrit is welcome, and let's be honest... feeback of any kind is like cookie dough drizzled in chocolate and covered in sprinkles... aka the BEST THING EVAR!

Disclaimer: From this point forward, nothing belongs to me. Zilch. Nada. All characters, all ideas, every line and every syllable, belongs to Joss Whedon and company. These are his toys, I'm just playing with them for a little while.  No copyright infringement is intended, and the rightful owners of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (aka NOT me) are definitely not associated with this story.

Some dialogue has been lovingly lifted from the Season 5 episode Spiral.