Summary: Buffy Summers and William Worthington have been neighbors since childhood. When their parental figures decide to join a game show where teamwork is key, Buffy may just realize that the last guy she wants is the only guy she needs.
Beta and Sensitivity Readers: None
Artists: None
Categories: Season 3, Crossover (Books or TV shows outside Buffyverse), All Human
Characters: Ensemble
Genres: Fluffy/Comedy
Warnings: Spike/Other (Temp)
Completed: Yes Chapters: 3
Word count: 14,885 Hit Count: 3,379 ePub Downloads: 48
Published: December 06, 2009 Updated: December 09, 2009


Print or Download Story: Printer Microsoft Word ePub eBook

View All Chapters

1. Prologue - Chapter Three by DSDragon - Likes: 0 Comments: 1 Word Count: 8,561 Hit Count: 1,339

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.  I also don't own Trading Spaces, or any of the people associated with it. Just as an additional disclaimer, I don't own the rights to Levi's Jeans, or to any of Piet Mondrian's work. I just used them in this story because they fit. No infringement is intended.

I wrote this fic about ten years ago.  At the time, I did actually have it beta-read, and I think it's the only one of these older fics that was at the time.  However, since my writing has immensely improved since then, I have given the story a tiny polish, fixing any grammatical, spelling, or punctuational errors I came across.

This is the one and only all-human/fantasy fic I've ever written for the BtVS/AtS universe, and excluding its forever-unfinished sequel, While You Were . . . (which I will post at the end of this fic), is the only all-human/fantasy fic I will ever write.  I simply don't have any interest in that genre of BtVS/AtS fanfic anymore.

Rating: PG-13

Spoilers: None - It's a "fantasy" fic.

Summary: Buffy Summers and William Wirthington have been neighbors since childhood. When their parental figures decide to join a game show where teamwork is key, Buffy may just realize that "the last guy she wants is the only guy she needs."

Mini-Disclaimer: I don't pretend to know how the whole choosing process of Trading Spaces takes place, I just know what the online application form looks like. I am not under any delusions that the designs for the two rooms at the end of this fic are in any way professional. I made them up myself. Seriously, do you think I would insult Vern and Frank that way? Not a chance!  I have removed the Trading Spaces applicant rules (but not the application part) from this fic as of December 6, 2009.

Thanks: To my family, for actually agreeing on a show to watch. Thanks also to my wonderful sounding-board beta, Lady Anne. I don't know how much this story would've sucked without you, and I'm not eager to find out, either.

Author's Notes: So, I was sittin' in the living room, checkin' my e-mail on my dad's old laptop (which he lets us use from time to time), watching While You Were Out with my dad, when a Trading Spaces commercial came on.

"I so have to write a Spuffy Trading Spaces fic!" I thought to myself. Quickly, I pulled up WordPad (since Word and Word Perfect don't work on the laptop, and Notepad doesn't have bulleted list features), and started to outline the first fic I'd ever actually planned before. Not to mention, my first "fantasy" fic.

As I started to flesh out the details, I had a wicked idea to double-cross the cross-over with the movie Drive Me Crazy, and, lo and behold, "Trading Insanities" was born. I hope you like!

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on which "camp" you're in), I couldn't find a way to fit Dawn into this story.

Feedback: Anywhere, anytime.  I just like to see it.

2. Chapter Four - Epilogue by DSDragon - Likes: 1 Comments: 2 Word Count: 5,219 Hit Count: 1,057

3. While You Were . . . by DSDragon - Likes: 0 Comments: 1 Word Count: 1,105 Hit Count: 983

Yes, this is the sequel to Trading Insanities that you've all been waiting for. :) It is set four years after the end of Trading Insanities, so that would make it May of 2003. I don't know as much about While You Were Out as I do about Trading Spaces, so go easy on me, okay? Anything else you need to know will be in flashbacks (as usual).

I wrote two chapters (the prologue and first chapter) of this story, and then lost interest when I couldn't find the time to write more of it.  So, this story has never been, and will never be, finished.  Unless, that is, someone else asks me nicely about adopting the story to finish themselves. :)