Edit 24th August: We're at 41 authors. It's not too late to sign up if you've been thinking about it. The more the merrier!
Edit 12th August: We're at 37 authors. o/ Still not too late to sign up. Come on... you know you wanna...
Edit 4th August: We've got 30 authors signed up for the challenge! And it's not too late to sign up if you're still considering it.
A little over a month ago, the mods were discussing a new site challenge. We'd been leaning towards a Round Robin event, but knowing that some of the members had put together their own round robin (which has made a great start so far, check it out), we decided to put that idea on the back-burner. It will possibly be revisited down the track.
So we kept thinking, and the idea for this challenge was born. It has taken inspiration from the 20th anniversary of BtVS (and the accompanying photo shoot), and a fandom meetup organised via a facebook group.
Both events have a strong thematic connection, which is why the challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to write a fic with the theme Reunion.
What will the Reunion Challenge involve? All the relevant details are below.
This new item serves as your sign up post. By signing up to the challenge, you are agreeing to comply with the rules and regulations, and to write a fic with the following specifics:
- Length: Minimum of 1,500 word count, maximum is completely up to you.
- Characters: Buffy, Spike, any other BtVS or AtS characters you see fit.
- Content Specifications: The fic MUST address the theme of Reunions. How you decide to incorporate this theme into a fic is entirely up to you, the writer.
- Timeline: The fic can be set during the BtVS timeline or post series. It could be shortly after the demise of Sunnydale, or twenty years into the future. If you can manage to incorporate the theme into a pre-series fic, awesome, we'd love to read it.
- Dates: No posting of the fic onto the archive (or anywhere else) until the 1st of October. As soon as you receive a confirmation email from me regarding your sign up, consider the writing process time open.
- The challenge is for new fic only, not to be attached to an existing story.
- The fic DOES NOT need to be complete prior to posting, nor does it need to finished during the month of October. We’d just like them to be started during that time.
- Authors are not limited to writing one story. So if you have more than one idea...great!
Now, thanks to the success of the Artistic Anniversary Challenge, the mods also would like the talented artists of our community to be able to take part in this challenge. And you will be able to!
Prior to the posting of fic on the 1st of October, we will be opening up a request list for banners. Participating authors will email me a completed form, with their request for a banner to accompany their fic. The request may include things such as: Fic Title, Author Penname, the season the fic is set in, specific character image requests, colour theme…etc.
This information will be added to a master list. Artists may browse the page, and choose to sign up to fulfil a particular request. Each fic will ONLY be allocated to one artist, and it will be in a first come, first serve basis. Artists may sign up to create multiple banners, however we will cap the number to three banners to begin with, to encourage involvement from a lot of people. Secondary sign ups will also occur at some point. More details regarding the sign up process for artists will come at a later date.
KEY DATES for the Challenge:
- Writing sign ups: from the 10th of July
- Writing time: from email confirmation until the 30th of September (and beyond)
- Author submissions of banner requests: 23rd of August
- Artist sign ups: 1st of September
- Artists to provide banners to authors: by the 30th of September
- Posting of fics to begin: from the 1st of October
Authors, if you decide to sign up, were are asking you to send me an email at email@example.com with the following information:
I intend to participate in the Reunion Challenge.
And that’s it for now. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask!
Yours in Spuffy,
--Amy on July 10, 2017 02:08am 22 Comments